Help a tech news fag with build parts

Help a tech news fag with build parts

I'm going to buy parts to build my first ever PC. I'm set on an Intel core i7 and a gtx 1080 but would like to know any other recommended parts for the rest. If you have a perfect build that isn't crazy expensive tell me about it. Go ahead and list your build too

*new not news

What should I do with this

Fill the holes :^)

with what

I'm by no means a computer expert but it looks like you are missing basically everything on your motherboard lmao

What should I use with it is what I'm asking. It allready has 2 CPUs (2 6 core opterons).

For a gaming pc? Or regular use? Btw I'm being serious when I say I'm no computer guy. Just kinda know a little

This thread is trash. Go to PC parts picker like every other idiot, order your Lego pieces (it will even tell you which parts work together) and then put your pieces together. We don't need another "Help a retard build a computer" thread.

OK but first, tell us your build

buy everything that goes in your mobo, put it in, then buy a power supply roughly 100-200 watts below the requirement of your board, plug it in, and turn everything on

I can't remember off the top of my head.
i7, gtx 980, 32g of ram and a water cooler for my cpu. Now that you have some ambiguous information from a 3 year old PC have you made your decision? Anything that's in my PC wouldn't be relevant now if you're building a new one, so what fucking help is it?

Just wanted to know. If you were gonna build a new one what would you buy?

I don't know. Because I don't have a need for a new computer. However, if I did I'd go on the PCpartpicker and fucking build one. You're not going to be doing anything but posting on Sup Forums and playing games anyway, so any computer you build will be functionally the same. Just get parts that are compatible, and put them together. It really is that fucking easy. You already have your CPU and GPU picked out, just get a motherboard that supports both and stick them in a case. It's not hard my dude.

I just wanted to recieve opinions. Thanks

We know. You and every other person who makes this thread 15 times a day. The sticky is there for a reason, but people very rarely utilize it. We get it, you're scared to drop a bunch of money on a PC and not have it be the best in your LoL friend group. But the reality of it is, my 3 years old PC plays almost every game yours will. The only difference is that it took me 20 minutes to use the guide in the sticky. Not an hour to garner opinions that haven't helped you in the slightest. You could have Googled this shit in less than 30 mins if you used your time effectively and chances are you would find articles with bench marks and tons more information than you would gather on Sup Forums. I'm trying to teach you a lesson here friend, no one here has any more experience than the average youtuber when it comes to building a PC.

To be fair, there's no pcbg up at the moment.

I couldn't find a computer build forum when I got on today. Also, I don't play nerdy shit like LoL and stuff like that. I've been a console gamer, and like I said, this is my first pc nevertheless first computer in general. Not even laptop. Thank you for referencing a site that can help me. Also, I did do research on Google. That's why I want the gtx 1080. It's just better to actually recieve feedback from a community and have various opinions being thrown around.

What? There doesn't need to be a pcbg at any point in time. All of the information is LITERALLY accessible through the sticky 24/7. Want to look up parts on Christmas day? Sticky. Want to look up parts the day your grandmother dies? Sticky. Want to dual screen and look for parts while you're jerking off and crying? FUCKING STICKY. It's been there for longer than most people in this thread and you guys still can't figure that shit out.

You Googled one item from your list and decided you've filled your Google quota for the day or what? You couldn't do that with the other parts? The problem with having "various" opinions thrown around is that you basically have 2 options. Do you want AMD or GTX? You've clearly chosen GTX, so now the next step is, what do you need your computer for? Seeing how you can't build a computer by yourself, chances are you don't need a computer for anything significant such as graphic design or audio design. So now choose between i5 and i7. Great, you have that done as well. What's the next step? Well you need a few more parts MoBo, memory, Ram and a power source. Any MoBo that supports your graphics card and CPU will work. Any hard drive that you get for your computer will work and you know what? If they don't work, for some reason PCpartpicker will tell you.

Using a resource such as Sup Forums to interact and receive help from others is great. Google can only do so much. I'd much rather hear about other people's builds and such to know what really works and their overall verdicts on their builds. Hell, you already gave me a tool to use, and you're giving me information, sarcastic or not.

No, you see the problem is you're looking for tools from people who are just as uneducated as you are, when you can scroll to the top of Sup Forums and find EVERY tool already made from the people of Sup Forums. A thread died for this, and we have the same fucking thread 15x a day. It's more of an annoyance than anything else, especially where you as an adult human being should be able to figure it out. Don't pull that bull shit, you added in the last part of your post as a footnote. Other people's builds work fine, because it's not hard.

1. Make sure every part is compatible.
(You don't even have to do this part. The website does it for you)
2. Put all compatible parts together.

This entire thread has been alive longer than it should have taken you to just order the damn parts. It's not a puzzle, it's like Lego's.

>Which brick should I use for this?

I don't know, read the fucking instructions

>Yeah, but other people used other bricks and it didn't work!

Then make sure your bricks are compatible and put them together

Why does this shitty thread even exist ?

Jannitors please do your job once in a while..

I seriously didn't know most pieces could work with eachother. I'm by no means a computer wizard, so to me everyone on here knows more than me. And the argument that just because you are an adult you should just figure it out is redundant. I'm using the tools I know I have. No one is born educated in anything.

Also, there are much more cancerous threads than this one. I was honestly looking to see what peers have. They may know what 'Legos' correspond best with each other, or if there are brands to look away from or if there are deals. I like to have insight into what the community thinks.

>Jannitors
>slash gee
Srsly m8?