RIP Firefox

Does Mozilla even give a fuck about Firefox anymore or are they transforming themselves into some kind of an advocacy group?

Rotting of the Firefox codebase and general decline of quality is appalling.

>22% fewer Firefox Desktop installations are active today than a year ago
andreasgal.com/2017/07/19/firefox-marketshare-revisited/

If this trend continues, Firefox will be dead, for all practical purposes, in few years.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/firefox/comments/6qvfc7/netmarketshare_shows_firefox_at_the_highest/
medium.com/webpack/webpack-awarded-125-000-from-moss-program-f63eeaaf4e15
guru3d.com/news-story/endurance-test-of-samsung-850-pro-comes-to-an-end-after-9100tb-of-writes.html
youtube.com/watch?v=XEQtSOTTPXw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It already is dead and it's primarily thanks to their cult behaviour. Everyone I know has moved on to chrome.

Meanwhile on Reddit...
reddit.com/r/firefox/comments/6qvfc7/netmarketshare_shows_firefox_at_the_highest/

Mozilla homepage says it all.

>fire former ceo because he doesn't follow company dogma
>starts hiring people based on diversity quotas rather than merit
>everything goes to shit
gee, who would have thunk.

They used to be a technology company, going by their homepage they are trying to be some UNICEF-like human aid charity.

Just compare their homepages..

Just to illustrate this point, this is mozilla.org back in 2006.

thats what happens when you hire a woman as a CEO.

>hire Erik Spiekermann to create a beautiful typeface
>throw it into the trash a year later for some amateurish """opensocialinclusive""" MOZ://A redesign
Classic MOZ://A

Because they have no technology anymore. To stay relevant, they want to make people believe they invented the Internet, human rights and penicillin.

i still use it, chrome is slower for me tbqh

>chrome is the big one in the house now
>edge is coming fast since it's incredibly fast and lightweight
>meanwhile firefox is getting slower and more bloated as we speak
they had it coming. i use ff on my fedora workstation, but on my windows laptop edge is king.

Firefox is 'fast' again now post 58.
But only because it's Chrome with different hat.

Actual Firefox is dead.

I open Firefox just to see what kind of stupid shit they put up.

And today doesn't disappoint.

lol the tripfaggot is still craving them (you)s

Is there a Streamkeys similar addon for Firefox?

SELL SELL SELL MOZILLA IS FINISHED AND BANKRUPT

Ah, yes, the internet browser that kills your ssd.

You can't sell what's non-profit user ;-)

You can get rid of Yahoo shares I guess.

>that kills your ssd.
kek'd.
did they ever fix that bug?

It's the one where it writes GBs to the disk when you have hundreds of tabs open and you close it? I think that will be fixed in v56

Notice how Firefox is mentioned only ONCE on the page and in the context of "Download Firefox". They don't even attempt to try to sell you on it and its features on the page.

Fuck'em. FUck Mozilla and fuck Firefox.

Firefox will be dead in like few months anyway when they kill off all the popular addons... the very reason why so many FF users still stick to that antiquated shit.

poor tripfaggot, no one is giving him (you)s

so what is the preferred browser of choice for autistic internet enthusiasts?

Opera(new)

nope.
but they are paying webpack to support webassembly. you know, """""""the really important stuff""""""" comes first.
medium.com/webpack/webpack-awarded-125-000-from-moss-program-f63eeaaf4e15

at least mozilla won't suffer for too long, quick death...

V I V A L D I
I
V
A
L
D
I

Didn't Chrome do the same thing except you couldn't turn it off.

Using Opera is like being a macfag that can't afford a mac because he hasn't sucked dick for money yet.

Or like tripping on an anonymous image board.

Have a (You), and happy school free summer.

Don't give (you)s to the tripfaggot, please. Not even ironically.

I'll admit that taking on Google is a daunting task, but Firefox at one point was taking on Microsoft and doing quite well. Here's what went wrong:

>decided to ignore optimizing their code, fixing memory leaks, and implementing multiprocess support
>put in a bunch of bloat features that no one wanted or used like Pocket
>focused tons of time on Firefox OS (did anyone honestly think this had the slightest chance of being successful?)

In 2010, Firefox had a chance against Chrome. Now no, (especially with Firefox 57 on the way).

Closed source botnet

That doesn't even make sense you have a shit brain.

>doesn't understand simple scenario
>"your dumb"
was there ever a time when tripfags were not cancer?
>inb4 heaven

Poor trip fag, they're such a persecuted minority, even their name is a persecuted name.

yes, Firefox is dead.

move on.

The sad part here is the chrome/microsoft market share.

People who care will always have options but the normies are being fucked right now.

Right? I actually love the new branding but everything else about it is garbage including FF design refresh.

Firefox has been declining in quality since version 16, this is nothing new. Ditched that trash browser a long time ago, and every time I need to use it for some reason I am reminded why.

Normies still have Chrome, Brave, Vivaldi, Opera, Safari, Edge, IE, and Firefox. They're fine with choice. This isn't even taking into account popular app-store browsers like naked browser, dolphin, UC, firefox focus, and then the norms like chrome and regular firefox.

Moz is just being stupid as fuck right now that's all.

I can't imagine that there were more than one employee looking at this like
>yeah, we should put that in!

I'm 80% sure all of those tips are done by one (wo)man.

>normies are being fucked right now
How so? I don't understand your point at all. Are you saying that normies use Firefox? Because they don't.

If you are debugging jQuery. Firefox sucks ass. Chrome is fuxking 100000 times better.

>Bug
But user, that's a feature! Poor starving Africans can't afford them.

t. Mozilla dev

firefox uses like 80% of the CPU power on my little dual core thinkpad if you have more than 1 tab open, it's beyond a joke.

TOP KEK! is that really true?
Wtf is it doing?

Opera > FF

Don't forget Nufag, we wouldn't have modern browsers without Opera.

>The sad part here is the chrome/microsoft market share.
>Normies still have Chrome, Chrome, Chrome, Chrome, (Mac exclusive browser), Microsoft, Microsoft, and (soon irrelevant browser).
Here's the sad part.

>they all have their own ways of dealing with things
>all use chromium as the foundation because it's actually pretty great
>the ones that don't are exclusive to their systems because they perform extra optimizations
>this is a bad thing even though user understands nothing about consumer choice, or how bad things were in the past but he just loves talking shit

put him on ignore.

Sup Forumstards gonna 'tard.

Shit, that's disgusting.

What does Chrome or Opera do better than Firefox? It's just a web browser; nothing worth losing your shit about.

since i like chropera, i am all for a fancy new polished interface, but firefox feels like a fucking mess and their priorities are all retarded

That explains a lot, its going to die

Lisa saved AMD.

I cant wait to see firecuck dying

And? Every other company run by a woman (most of whom are lesbians) has been destroyed.

AMD succeeded IN SPITE of her being a woman and not BECAUSE she's a woman.

For every woman exec success story, there are dozens upon dozens of disasters.

ahhaah.. is that some OC?

Weak Firecuck shills. Opera Master Race 4 lyfe.

[spoiler]screen cap this shit Sup Forums[/spoiler]

Track your web surfing habits.

>buttmand sjw faggot got triggered
you have to go back to your safe space

It would be sad if they haven't turned into a political movement. Now I can only say good riddance.

Yeah, let's just ignore all those failed companies led by men.

well the feminist argument is that when companies are dying and the CEO bails they often say fuck it let's CHANGE and hire a woman after the situation is already a dumpster fire, and so women in management is correlation not causation of failing companies

>Yeah, let's just ignore all those failed companies led by men.
Name 5 successful companies run by women.

I am the only person in the entire product development division at my job that uses FF by default, and its usage by our customers has dropped below 5%. We're considering dropping support.

It's dead.

General motors
IBM
Pepsi
Lockeed Martin
HP
Whew, that was easy.

I would hardly call HP under Carly "successful"

Browser for faggots

General dynamics then.

LOL!
can't even name tech companies.

>implying pepsi isn't tech

Brave

So pedos are legal kek

I'm still on 52 ESR how much time do I have or should I emerge www-client/ungoogled-chromium 55 now?

Didn't SSD endurance tests show that SSDs can take about a petabyte before dying? I bought one to make my computer faster tbqh, not to babysit it.

Is this something officially from the reddit company?

>Didn't SSD endurance tests show that SSDs can take about a petabyte before dying
Do you even have the enterprise class Samsung SSD?

Your run-of-the-mill consumer SSD or shit you buy on sale will fail MUCH sooner. And chinkshit ones will fail after a year.

Proofs?

humanity is fucked, i dint wanted to born on human decadence, its unfair

>Do you even have the enterprise class Samsung SSD?
Since when 960 is enterprise class?

servo will save us r-right

And what about Google?

Chrome/Chromium does exactly the same. Except in Firefox, you can configure write periods and tailor to your needs. I swear these threads are nothing but Chrome shills.

Ha ha ha, A petabyte?
guru3d.com/news-story/endurance-test-of-samsung-850-pro-comes-to-an-end-after-9100tb-of-writes.html

Google's a one trick pony. But SJW cancer will devour them for sure. It's too late to stop it now... it's just the matter of time before it gets fucked somehow.

Opera is just chrome now anyway. Fuck it. I used Opera from '98 until the overhaul. It was a great browser; I don't miss it.

Netscape was better in every aspect

That's not the front page of www.google.com though.

The problem as I see it is that Mozilla has seized upon the fact that it's remaining users use Firefox for ideological reasons (free and open source, respecting privacy, community contribution, etc) and is trying to make that its identity, hence all this We Are the World shit. The problem is that Firefox does not need to convince us that it's the good guy. It's the good guy because it's the only browser to even pay lip service to your privacy. And because it's the only thing preventing the Google-Apple-Microsoft triumvirate from having an oligopoly on your access to the internet. Firefox therefore needs to focus on just being a good browser since it continues to be the only justifiable horse in the race.

youtube.com/watch?v=XEQtSOTTPXw

Oh look, another trip fag to filter. Thank god.

What even happened here? For a long time, Firefox WAS the normie browser. How does a company get people to switch to their browser? They are all basically the same to people who are not Sup Forums turboautists.

>he doesn't filter all namefags on all boards

Politics is bad for business, everyone knows this.