What is rural England like?

What is rural England like?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lc7dmu4G8oc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

same as eastern Europe, feels really like home

the same as rural everywhere else
poor people who think they're better than everyone
take your average american redneck, give him an incomprehensible accent, make him drink 10 cups of tea a day and switch cheap whiskey for cheap gin and you have rural England / all of Wales

Nah, rural England is the preserve of the wealthy tbqh. It's all grade 1 listed buildings aka old as fuck, fox hunting, pheasant shooting, cricket and pubs, it's basically like living in the Shire.

Poor people here live in council estates in cities.

The poor people live in post-industrial shitholes in the north, rural England is quite well off, especially in the south outside of the London commuter belt

its alright, some is comfy some is shite

Boring as fuck.

>drive Range Rover to a friend's
>go for a stroll on his estate
>head into the village to get lunch and a few drinks at a 500 year old pub
>Watch a spot of cricket on the village green

etc. etc.

Such is life in the green and pleasant countryside of England.

Noone asked you cuck

>marry your cousin

now it's complete

You're patently incorrect.

comfy.

nope. think cosy pubs and village greens where they still play cricket in the summer. people actually say hello to one another and help each other out. also typically lush nice big houses, or cosy cottages. it can be a bit unfriendly to outsiders though: walking in the pub without a local and you can expect it to go quiet and everybody to stare.

no u. he's bang on the money. just read his post and it says basically the same as mine.

t. english villager

Watch the beginning of An American Werewolf in London.

>people actually say hello to each other

Don'tsnt everyone do that?

It's very nice

t. somerset

How's North Yorkshire?

Looks awesome in pics.

Err.. Up north is friendlier as a general rule, but no, not really. Imagine they'd still seem "cold" to American sensibilities.

in many parts of europe saying hello or greeting someone is seen as rude and aggressive.

Yorkshire is Gods county, and I say that objectively as a Southerner.

t. doesn't own a passport

meant for
I wouldn't say rude, as I said the countryside is different, but Europe is massively overpopulated & urbanised so people tend to prefer to keep themselves to themselves. Let's put it this way, I find New Yorkers friendly.

t. owns several

Cold, rainy, grassy, freash air yet smells like shit.

Top comfy.

>rural England is the preserve of the wealthy tbqh
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Stop chatting shit that you have no idea about.

It's grim up north, lad.

Yorkshire is a shithole and I say that as a someone from Lancashire, could be slightly biased.

go back to the guardian comment is free forum you fucking prick.

>fresh air, rain, grass, rain, manure
>smells bad

fuck off schlomo

last bastion of old England. Comfy as fuck, varying degrees of nationalism, stately homes for the lords, croquet lawns, village greens etc. Its why Labour wants to pave over it and build more council estates

People panic when they hear gunshots in the distance.

>Its why Labour wants to pave over it and build more council estates
The north votes almost exclusively labour and has by far the most countryside, apply yourself.

negative, they're surprisingly common.

>no u. he's bang on the money. just read his post and it says basically the same as mine.
>t. english villager
I quoted the wrong post. Meant to quote You're patently incorrect.

>north has more countryside
>must be because of labour
>not because north has a small population

No
>North has more countryside
>North votes labour
>Labour wants to pave over countryside
>Labour paves over countryside
>North has less countryside
Your statement clearly doesn't fit what we can observe in reality, sorry about that.

Used to live in Suffolk.

Rural England is pretty picturesque. The countryside is beautiful, the towns are gorgeous and quaint, the people live a much slower, simpler existence. It is great to visit.

However, it sucks to actually live there. Infrastructure (roads, schools, shops, water, etc) is terrible, everything is constantly damp and muddy, there are few jobs with awful pay, and housing is cramped, sub-standard, and extortionately expensive relative to wages.

Not that I'd rather live in British cities, as Britain is, in general, just a pretty shit place to live.

I didn't live there, but that was pretty much my experience of rural England as well.

I don't see any Ketamine 0/10

rainy, cold, boring, unemployed, inbred, and opiate enslaved from what i gather

Bit like Hot Fuzz desu

youtube.com/watch?v=lc7dmu4G8oc