Why do retard faggot case manufacturers put 120mm fan slots in places where a 140mm would fit...

Why do retard faggot case manufacturers put 120mm fan slots in places where a 140mm would fit, like side panels for example?
140mm is objectively superior in every way, if there's room for it

$

120mm are cheap as shit

Cause you're buying a poorfag case.

12cm fans are most common, quite cheap too.
Also 120mm radiators are far more common.

>140mm is objectively superior in every way
>what is static pressure

>cheap
many models have the same price for 120/140
>12cm fans are most common
shouldn't be
What kind of special retard thinks static pressure increases if you move less air?

lol 12cm fans made by Super Flower are $2.32 USD a piece, heck, there are even buy 5 get 1 free deals here.

12cm chink fans are a buck and a half a piece.

You simply aren't going to find those prices easily for 14cm fans.

and yes, plenty of people buy the cheapest most horrible fan they can buy.

Super Flower uses this particular fan in a lot of their PSUs too.

Most cases, if a 140 mm will fit there will be screw holes for both. You must have a very specific case in mind.
Drill your own holes or something, improvise.

>What kind of special retard thinks static pressure increases if you move less air?
>I don't know how static pressure is measured
A 120mm at a given rpm will have more SP than a 140mm at the same rpm. You could make the 140 spin faster but that defeats the purpose of going to a bigger fan.

That's only true when the fan is unconstrained retard.
Also even at lower SP the 140 still cools better. The rate of air replacement is the only thing that matters

Well, it matters for radiators. In which case you get a fan that fits the radiator anyway so it's a non-issue there as well.

>A 120mm at a given rpm will have more SP than a 140mm at the same rpm

Actually no, not really. The thing is 140mm fans tend to present lower operating rpm, hence the lower SP.

>The rate of air replacement is the only thing that matters

Yes, on perfect, unrestricted conditions. Static pressure is related to flow resistance, and in a gross generalization for pc fans, it's how fast the air travels, or how much pressure it generates. In any situation with high resistance to airflow (such as high FPI radiators or thick foam filters) SP fans will have a lower cfm loss, and so perform better in the end.

Just fucking buy noctua 150mm fan with 120mm holes

>it matters for radiators
no, pressure doesn't transport heat, only air.
Nobody's talking about SP vs Airflow fans retard

>no, pressure doesn't transport heat, only air.
And air carries heat. And more pressure means more air through a radiator.

I'm talking about static pressure related to cfm. L2r

>20% of the fan is blocked by solid panel
that won't perform much better than just the 120 retard

At least it's not limited to 80mm fans like it used to be in 2005 and earlier

My case came with 2 140mm. Before you ask its fractal define s

140mm are too loud no matter what you do. I have 140mm Noctuas and they make too much noise, and that's fucking Noctua.

>more pressure means more air through a radiator.
no, more airflow means more air, whatever gets you more airflow is better regardless of pressure. 140 beats 120.
still irrelevant regarding 140 vs 120 retard

But 140mm is pleb tier.
Why not 180mm?

My silverstone sugo has one.

140 is quieter for the same airflow than any dimension under it

>no, more airflow means more air, whatever gets you more airflow is better regardless of pressure. 140 beats 120.
For radiator? I doubt it, those are different circumstances.

120mm is more common and consumers buy 120mm more often

Lay it down then. You have a 140mm fan with lower SP, which will in turn lose a lot more CFM on heavily restricted scenarios. Why is it still better?

/thread

>many models have the same price for 120/140
No.

Again, pressure can't transport heat retard.
>You have a 140mm fan with lower SP
see again

>Again, pressure can't transport heat retard.
Why are you implying that I said that? I didn't, you dipshit.
Without enough pressure you the fan can't get the air through thick radiators. It's nice it would have a good airflow, but if it can't get that through the radiator then the radiator can't efficiently lose it's heat. Just having a lot of air doesn't mean that it necessarily gets through the radiator.

>Without enough pressure you the fan can't get the air through thick radiators.
which is why a 140 is better.

I just assumed a 120 has higher static pressure, but honestly I don't know.

>I just assumed a 120 has higher static pressure
that's retarded. what would even make you think that?
Do you think an engine with two extra cylinders makes less power?

>that's retarded. what would even make you think that?
The post that sparked this argument. I just took it at face value and used it as a fact.

>I just took it at face value and used it as a fact.
that's retarded

No bully pls.

see again

This is the pressure vs. air flow graph of an axial DC fan.

Forgot pic

Yes, and as you can see it clearly labels pressure as a function of airflow, not the other way arouind

>tfw your case comes with a 200mm fan and a 140mm fan

You retards... Static pressure isn't something a fan has, it's something the fan overcomes. Static pressure testing refers to putting fans in an environment where pressure is x and measuring performance. The max pressure is where airflow bottoms out because the fan can no longer operate under the pressure.

But doesn't the graph show that pressure (Pfs) increases when the air flow (Qv) decreases?
Just compare the points 1..4 along any of the curves on the graph. Point 4 is always above and to the left from Point 1, meaning less air flow but more pressure.

I'm just curious if I understood this graph correctly.

Static pressure is literally how far the fan can push water up a special tube. That's why it's measured and given in mm of H2O.