NVIDIA SWEATING BULLETS OVER VEGA

A CHINK ALL SHOOK UP BY A LITERAL POO

Other urls found in this thread:

gamersnexus.net/news-pc/3004-rx-vega-64-and-vega-56-power-specs-price
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Those are MSRP prices from over a year ago and it has little to do with Vega and everything to do with miner craze finally dying out.

I'm Australian so this is an extremely big deal. They've been over $900 right up until now.

who the fuck is buying 1080 for mine? its shit on it

check german amazon
1080 550€
1070 490€

huh

I just cant wait for Vega vapor X
I need it for 4k
REEEEEEEEEE

Nobody. With the ~200 USD cards out of stock thanks to mining, the market was driven away to the only three cards priced higher than those.

Prices are so fucked up that Vega will still sell. Miner craze isn't over yet.

when will proper aftermarket vegas be out?

Late August/early September.

>aftermarket vega
Will that help at all? There's no room for OC. What are they going to recommend dual power supplies?

>Late August/early September
2018?

that much brushed aluminum is too much for me
and I'm scared of blowers just being hotter

Blower design is awful and will almost certainly make it throttle, at least on the 64 model

The blower Vega FE throttles like a bitch at stock clocks such that an undervolt and increased power target gives a ~9-10% increase in performance at 1.09v and 280 watts.

I want a 1440p card that can output 120hz. Id tgink a 1080 or maybe 1080ti could? But if volta is close itwould seem dumb to buy anuthing now. Any estimate on volta release? Im on an rx480 now at 1080p 60fps and its decent but wont be for long

gamersnexus.net/news-pc/3004-rx-vega-64-and-vega-56-power-specs-price

>As for power tuning, we asked whether this was just tightening of the power target or if actual power performance features were enabled under the hood. Turns out, RX Vega isn’t just a matter of restricting power target, they’re actually doing something for power optimization. We couldn’t get explicit examples at this time. One thing we do know is that the voltage targets change, so voltage checks are at different frequencies than FE, and voltage should be lower. We’d expect that this will align with our findings in the undervolting testing on Vega: Frontier Edition, where power consumption can equalize while improving performance. It’s still AVFS, but just a better tuning profile than FE.

2 month wait knowing sapphire.
Fuck

Probably 10-12 months from now for aftermakret cards.

I'm aware of that, however I see nothing to suggest that AIB air cooled Vega 64s shouldn't be capable of being clocked up to at least the 1600mhz that the undervolted Vega FE could reach, which would be an overclock relative to the base and boost frequencies listed for the air cooled RX Vega 64.

Where the fuck have you been buying them? Mine was $855 dollareedoos