Tfw no refresh

>tfw no refresh

Why waste such a godtier design?

Other urls found in this thread:

indiegogo.com/projects/gemini-pda-android-linux-keyboard-mobile-device-phone#/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I've actually thought this recently as well, especially when looking at something like the GPD, seems like the logical time to bring this design back, I'd love having a full-featured windows machine in my pocket even if it is underpowered.

Hell it'd be even better if it could run shit besides windows too. Could see linux doing really well for simple shit on this thing.

>full-featured windows machine in [your] pocket even if it is underpowered
>phones have stronger specs than OP's pic these days
that picture with today's tech is the netbook killer

>sony
They're not used to release good products, when one comes out, they panic and stop production instantly.

and phones can't do half the things op's pic can

that was kinda my point. Tablets are pretty fucking powerful now a days, I'm sure they could fit a decent amount of speed in that form factor now.

because this fuckstain won the normies hearts with his retard proof overpriced toys

sharp made something almost identical back in 1993 and then it disappeared.

this

something very well designed and modern in this form factor *could* be nice, and if someone managed to pull it off I'd be all over it, but there's just too many ways to fuck it up, from the keyboard to the screen to the nipple mouse, all of which were reportedly big problems for the VAIO P in addition to being badly underpowered even for the time, battery life being trash and the screen being too high res for its size. native res everything is too small and scaling up leaves no room for anything. these latter things obviously wouldn't be as much of an issue today

>2017
>JewIntel locks new Atoms on max 2gb ram
>Sell core m in 1k usd notebooks

lmao

I loved my old Psion PDA too.
Seems like a 'successor' got crowdfunded. It should hit the market at the end of the year. Maybe. You never know with these crowdfunded project...

At best we have busybox with a bluetooth mouse and touchpad

I fucking want this.

Honestly something like this with a mic/speaker on top of the case, so you could hold it like a normal phone for calls while it was closed, would be perfect.

>crowdfunded
Its a scam

i like this idea, because if you can have portable device that can run windows it also means that you can run linux, its funny how a closed source OS will give the chance to an open source distro to coexist in the same device HAVE YOU HEARD THIS GOOOGLE!

Iv sent them an email telling them that they should build a 2017 of this device, cause no one sends emails this days probably they will read it and consequently build it, also i told them they should update us with news right in here.

Could they even do such a thing now that Vaio isn't part of Sony anymore?

I'd buy one of these if the price was right, but I also question the point. Most people can get things done with their phones / tablets, and for things you need a PC for, laptops aren't really insanely bulky.

Can't recall the last time I wanted/needed to bring a computer around with me and found my laptop to be too big.

o fug you right! those faggots wont do shit! i send another email to xiaomi they look crazy enough if you ask me

That said, I do like the form factor, just visually at least.

indiegogo.com/projects/gemini-pda-android-linux-keyboard-mobile-device-phone#/

> Made by the same guys who designed the Psion devices
> Physical keyboard
> Android and Linux dualbooting
> 2160x1080 screen
> Removable battery

Sweet mother of fuck muh dick
I desperately hope this isn't another crowdfunding failware.

netbooks are already dead, being the netbook killer is like going to college and majoring in mammoth hunting

>I desperately hope this isn't another crowdfunding failware.

Name a single piece of tech over $100 thats been actually released after being crowdfunded

>featured muslim woman in those pictures, pro diversity
sorry bor the project alredy failed just by that metallity

What? Both GPD models.

How are those tiny keyboards for typing? Do you use them like you would a regular keyboard?
To me it seems like you may as well bring the form factor down to match some of the larger phones people are using now (like the OnePlus One) and use your thumbs to type while holding the unit in your hands. Similar to the slide phones of the mid to late 00's. Add a Thinkpad style mouse nub and you would have something that I'd see as the ideal mobile device.
I know this isn't the point of the thread, I'm just trying to find out what is about this form factor that makes you guys prefer it over a full sized laptop, netbook, or slide phone style device.

>How are those tiny keyboards for typing

What are "those"? Vaio P is certainly useable. The one in your photo is as well, but slower and with thumbs. Things in between are hard.

I just want to be able to quickly type up notes and the keyboards you can get with tablets are universally shit. Yeah I can use an ultra book (and I do) but I would prefer to not have to carry around a briefcase/messengerbag/backpack.

Fuck you guys, I'm flying to Japan next week and now I feel like putting down time and shekels to find a second hand Vaio P.

Always had a soft spot for UMPCs but I was in high school when they coming out, so I couldn't afford them.

I use my GPD Weme as my main portable PC but would like something I can actually type on with 10 fingers.

I live in Japan, you won't find a cheap one anywhere.

That's a shame.
How are you finding the Pocket anyways? I am holding out for next gen (if ever) since I have the Win.

Photo from twitter not mine, just dropping anti-deal knowledge.

tbqh this.
After discovering termux, I carry a Bluetooth (60% mechanical, but it doesn't have to be, it might be a chiclet one, so it would be much more portable) keyboard and that way I don't need a laptop to be always with me. An OTG cable is convienient too, so I can copy my compiled PDFs from LaTeX to an thumbdrive.