Windows Defender has been sandboxed by a third-party

And he used Rust.

blog.trailofbits.com/2017/08/02/microsoft-didnt-sandbox-windows-defender-so-i-did/

What do you think? After all those Project Zero bugs (like bugs.chromium.org/p/project-zero/issues/detail?id=1252) it was about time, but it's embarrassing that some random third-party could do it and Microsoft couldn't.

Other urls found in this thread:

cantrip.org/rust-vs-c .html
redox-os.org/news/gsoc-self-hosting-3/
youtube.com/watch?v=eH5JgMlNE8o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Interesting

man how I wish I was that clever. good on him.

wew lads!

funny we have all these anti rust shills

>Debugging. Debugging Rust on Windows just works
>just works
this guy def browses Sup Forums

Actually, after reading this article its obviously written by a rust shill.

The word 'rust' appears 35 times in that short article

just works is a meme everywhere you dip

I woudnt know. I have no friends and really only browse the chans

Rust is still shit though.

oh yeah? how many corporate antivirus softwares have you sandboxed in your favorite language?

checkmate

>having to use an AV software

and when did I say that?

this guy probably doesnt use AV software either and he just did it for fun.

Is windows defender even really a 'corporate antivirus'

And not user, but Ive sandboxed plenty of programs in Linux without needing to actually program anything by chroot jailing them

>And he used Rust.
Why is that surprising?
Rust really is the future, it's no meme any longer. The only autists that shitpost against it are a bunch of basement dwellers.

Someone give me some quick bullet points about why I should pick up rust? Comparisons ti c/c++ would work well

Not arguing, just genuinely curious if it is really worth my time.

memory management?
trash collector?

what makes it so neat?

cantrip.org/rust-vs-c .html

>memory management
Lifetime oriented, borrow checked RAII
>Garbage collectore
It doesn't have one

Start today user

Rust devs are on the same mental level as Antifa. When the Rust kernel is completed, I would not be suprised if they went out and attacked non-rust using systems to "prove" how safe rust is

Of course, anything but C89 or HASKELL is trash for 4chen

>the Rust kernel
Which one?

Redox.

Sorry, "*a Rust kernel"
I dont keep up with the stupid shit they've been trying, I just know there is one

Redox is already released, no? The OS is also close to self hosting, which is no small feat
redox-os.org/news/gsoc-self-hosting-3/

The guy who works on it also works at system76. He did more to open source than you and I. He is pretty reasonable person imho
youtube.com/watch?v=eH5JgMlNE8o

There are multiple kernels that have been written in Rust, which one are you talking about?

Its funny picturing rust devs attacking trash bins

>I dont keep up with the stupid shit
>browses 4ch*n

Kinda a good mental picture of garbage collection

>25 post
>10 IPs
No shills here

Wow, it's almost like .. people made 3 replies to each other wow

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as WINDOWS, is in fact, NSA/WINDOWS, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, NSA plus WINDOWS. WINDOWS is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning NSA system made useful by the NSA backdoors comprising a full OS as defined by PATRIOT.

Can somebody tell me what he did exactly? I don't frequent Sup Forums sorry.

It's a new tactic they've adopted.

Go for low hanging fruits and instead of focusing on what they did they focus on how they used Rust when they could have probably written it in python given how retarded it was.

He isolated Windows defender because the Malware protection engine has system privileges. So if security issues occur it won't spread to other areas of your system.