Daily reminder that macOS is the greatest mainstream operating system in the world

Daily reminder that macOS is the greatest mainstream operating system in the world.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ENfgdhoxUu0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What did he mean by this?

ikr

>What did he mean by this?
That macOS is the greatest mainstream operating system in the world.

KYOOT!!

>mainstream
So what is the best OS full stop?

macOS

macOS.

Windows is the most popular mainstream OS but the worst.

so instead of clicking almost anywhere on the top bar and moving the mouse to one side i have to aim at this one little button and then move it to the side i want?

lol

Windows does something similar

No, dumbass, that's for split screen.

>Converted from 60p to 30p
>Doesn't realize that causes glitches

Similar ≠ Better

i never use the splitview in macOS because i use one of those snapping addons that gives you Windows-like snap functionality

BetterSnapTool doesn't have this function though. This goes full screen and it's built into the OS.

MacOS finally got an AeroSnap clone? Nice.

look guys! he can move windows around in a compositor and use multiple desktops like linux had over a decade ago!

>macOS got a feature that Windows 7 and WM's had eight years ago
wew

No one uses Lelnux for actual work.

>t. mactoddler

>t. jobless pajeet Lelnux virgin who lives with mum and she still does his laundry

Daily reminder that macOS is the biggest joke operating system in the world.

Toddlers love toys.

I just use linux

>petrol is $1.29/gallon = £0.25/l in America
how do you guys keep getting away with this

>projecting this much
care to explain?

>>Converted from 60p to 30p
now why would you do that? does your computer slow down when recording 60p?
lmao

How will mactoddlers ever recover?

>Why convert from 60p to 30p???
>Hurr durr

Because I don't want to compress the WebM for 4chin so it looks like shit at 60p.

Kys

>Fleishman

I dunno, I have a dual monitor Hackintosh right now and have zero issues.

Works miles better than Wangshaft that's for sure.

>Maximize button doesn't maximize
>Close button doesn't close
>Greatest OS

lol no

>CMD+Q quits an app.

>—Close button (X) closes window but keeps app running.

>_ minimizes window into dock.

>Full screen button makes application full screen.

>Double clicking on app window maximizes window.

Are you this retarded that you can't figure this out?

FUCKING MORON KYS

macOS is for baristas

>all those quirks to three simple buttons

cuck os desu, even lincucks has that shit down

>hurr hurr I need to show off how good my OS is instead of it being acknowledged as such
>hurr lets make a bait thread so everyone knows how much I support apple

>have to use a keyboard shortcut (or menus) because the ui doesn't exist to close
>close and minimize are the same thing unless you are a document based application
>full screen is rarely, if ever, needed, but that's the visible quick action
>maximize is an invisible double click target
>it's literally a stoplight
>defends this design

And you claim that I'm retarded?

You're an idiot.

These functions literally come from their 1984 Mac, and Wingay was literally still making DOS and didn't have a GUI.

It works well and it's much more flexible because you can have the app running and have multiple windows for 1 app.

>Hurr durr I'm a faggot

Nigga fuck off.

Finder is arguably the best window manager ever. The shortcut system is amazing and intuitive.

Come watch me work with it, I'm like a shortcut master and can get shit done very very quickly.

For me to poop on.

>>Hurr durr I'm a faggot
We knew that user, that's why you use macOS isn't it? Rather than all the fiddling you have to do to make it compare to GNU/Linux,

>CMD+Q quits an app.
Needing a keyboard shortcut to close a program.

>—Close button (X) closes window but keeps app running.
Wasting RAM

>_ minimizes window into dock.
Something normal

>Full screen button makes application full screen.
Something normal

>Double clicking on app window maximizes window.
Why? just why?

>Doesn't understand greentext.
>Thinks Lelnux is of any importance

Get Adobe and every other software developer to make applications for Lelnux, and I might consider it.

Now fuck off this is a macOS thread, not Gaynux.

>Needing a keyboard shortcut to close a program.

Just quit from menubar if you're such a pussy.

>Wasting RAM
Oh compared to Wangshaft? The biggest memory leaker ever?

Just quit the app faggot.

>Something normal
Dock > Gay start menu

>Something normal
Faggot.

>Why? just why?
Wangshaft does this too, idiot.

Apple had thought of this before even Windows implemented it. They introduced the concept, Windows stole it.

Can you snap to corners like on Windows and Linux?

Yep.

Simple free application (very customizable too). It doesn't touch system files either.

youtube.com/watch?v=ENfgdhoxUu0

How difficult is it to make a Hackintosh using Ryzen?

rare

It's around 3 USD/gal right now actually.

owned

>>Get Adobe and every other software developer to make applications for Lelnux, and I might consider it.
>
>Now fuck off this is a macOS thread, not Gaynux.
ah now thats the beauty of greentext, its meant to act as a quoting mechanism not your redditor ways of spacing out sentences.
I'm going to hit some of your points a bit here, hope you don't mind.
>Just quit from menubar if you're such a pussy.
Thats two more clicks that I need in a non-retarded OS.
>Oh compared to Wangshaft? The biggest memory leaker ever?

>Just quit the app faggot.
See this is where you're wrong my man.
Windows has a special HDD killer called Superfetch that caches to the drive instead of ram, compared to your leaking it looks good.
>Dock > Gay start menu
This is objectively wrong, the Dock gets crowded beyond belief after you get going.

It actually feels good that Global Rule #3 is being enforced lately.

it's always been enforced, the problem is that no one ever bothers reporting garbage posts because this place is so full of them

Why don't you post some Explorer windows to show us how much shitty Wangshaft is, shnookums?

There is a community out there and you have the fake the CPU ID. I'm sure it'll get bigger now that Ryzen is more competitive with Intel.

But Intel is recommended, imo, to make things easier.

>Thats two more clicks that I need in a non-retarded OS.

Jut the fact that you use Wangblows makes you a retard.

>Windows has a special HDD killer called Superfetch that caches to the drive instead of ram, compared to your leaking it looks good.

macOS caches to the SSD too idiot. I do this all the time on my MacBook Pro. You clearly don't understand how modern macOS is because everything happens under the hood, Apple doesn't need to advertise every little feature.

Just the fact that they are moving 20+ Million users to APFS in 10.13 shows how much Apple cares about the computing industry.

I won't even bring up how they moved 1.2 Billion iPhones over to APFS over a .1 update That takes BALLS.

>This is objectively wrong, the Dock gets crowded beyond belief after you get going.

My Dock is very pretty and organized.

You must be a retard because you don't know how to use it.

You can also hide an application by hitting CMD+H if you have the dock so much.

the man wears a pink shirt

>Pink shirt not manly

You must be new here.

Welcome
First of all, welcome to Gentoo! You are about to enter the world of choices and performance. Gentoo is all about choices. When installing Gentoo, this is made clear several times - users can choose how much they want to compile themselves, how to install Gentoo, what system logger to use, etc.

Gentoo is a fast, modern meta-distribution with a clean and flexible design. It is built on an ecosystem of free software and does not hide what is beneath the hood from its users. Portage, the package maintenance system which Gentoo uses, is written in Python, meaning the user can easily view and modify the source code. Gentoo's packaging system uses source code (although support for pre-compiled packages is included too) and configuring Gentoo happens through regular text files. In other words, openness everywhere.

It is very important that everyone understands that choices are what makes Gentoo run. We try not to force users into anything they do not like. If anyone believes otherwise, please bug report it.

that picture is old as fuck dude