Windows is only 7% of Microsoft

>Windows is only 7% of Microsoft
How is that possible when most desktop use that?

Other urls found in this thread:

seekingalpha.com/article/4067258-alphabets-bets-paying
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

9% i mean

Ads. And subscription based software.

Pirates, low cost OEM licences

Noone buys that shit? Oy vey.

Ads is in a different section. It's 7%

>Windows Server & Azure: 22%

Because the other products generate more revenue? Microsoft office is a lot more expensive than windows and it runs on mac.

Azure is the cloud.

Microsoft the OS isn't designed to generate revenue through OS sales. It's a trojan horse to get you to buy their other products and services.

Overpriced crap combined with the legions of ms salesmen.

Because they're able to squeeze ridiculous amounts of money out of enterprises with shit like Windows Server and Office subscriptions.

>Microsoft is the only company that diversifies their revenue streams.

So Alphabet/Google and Facebook are the most useless shit.

This

Can we kill Google by proving online ads are shit?

windows isn't as popular to buy anymore, there used to be more releases and the releases used to be more expensive

companies have free alternatives available, so in order to stay competitive, microsoft had to stop charging businesses $400 licenses per machine to get them running windows

This. That's why Win 10 is free.

All I see in this graph is that Microsoft is the most diversified and most likely to survive in the case of unstable markets.

so if someone manages to build a browser with integrated ad blocking and gets it to become the most popular, google dies? is this why chrome exists?

Because they preinstall it for 'free' everywhere. It's how consoles sell at a loss, look at the office percentage.

>gugle
>facebork
>85%+ ad revenue
fuck these in particular

If ads cut out, google and facebook would be out
A massive tax change or the death of capitalism would probably be what it would take to kill amazon or apple
MS has 60-80% tied up in their OS and OS services, despite the splitup. Google, a massive shift in government/consumer/business thought towards personal security, a massive data loss somehow, or a complete shift towards mobile would kill them.

>Alphabet
>Other bets

Was the person who made these graphs having a laff

seekingalpha.com/article/4067258-alphabets-bets-paying

Where's "selling user data" for facebook and ms?

Ahh, was unaware. Thanks

they use most of the user data themselves, but they do sell it.

Nowhere it's a meme idiot. As if i would care about your shit stuff you if i was one of them.

>calling a server somewhere else 'le cloud'. is it september when you fuck off back to school?

Because you only have to pay for Windows once.

>Because you only have to pay for Windows once.
Oh, you'll keep paying all right. You'll see.

That 9% is probably mostly enterprise licenses.
OEMs pay very little for regular "home" Windows.

Piracy, mostly. However, just because it's "only" 9%, that doesn't mean it's not a huge amount of money. When compared to the 11% from the xbox division, it's probably a very reasonable amount.

But the truth is, Windows stopped being important some time ago. Now it's mostly just a requirement for running Office.

>Piracy, mostly.
Most normies don't even know how to pirate music except for youtube-to-mp3 services, what makes you think they could download and install their own operating system?

They already have tech support from the kids in their family.

Microsoft has been pretty much reduced to a patent trolling operation.

>Windows 10 is free as in free beer
>"durr why didn't it make them money?"

>Someone hosts my server for me
>It's in a magical cloud now

That IS 'ads' you dumb fucks. They sell your data TO advertising companies and other companies who play around with the petabytes of information they generate every month in order to, through a sequence of events target an advertisement to you.

Literally.

At least Google produced a good browser. But both Google and Facebook's business models are based around leeching off people's data to sell it to advertisers.

A Hebrew business model.

Normies stopped using desktop PCs. Most of them just use phones.

Seriously, what the fuck is Facebook thinking when 97% of their revenue can be cut off with a chrome extension

that's what they call it and that's why people buy it
you can argue with the name but you can't argue with the results, and the results are lots of fucking money

Windows is usually bundled with computers.

Depends on how they determine income: they're not making money from selling the operating system itself but from a percentage profit from each system sold

I remember a few days back a thread with a link to an article talking about a big company (cant remember the name) removing 100 million of online ads investiment saying that that never worked/had low results to sales. This will become a trend and maybe, just maybe, they will start putting a higher price on our informations they sell to companies.

It's crazy that Office is still so dominant.

That most normies browse on an iphone

I blame the fact that no one can make a decent TeX UI to save their life

Piracy doesn't affect them you idiot. 99.9% of people buy computers with Windows preloaded already.

> How is that possible
They killed it by making it "free". Oh look, ads revenue is 7%!

Nice try, State Department.

HTML rich text isn't there, not even close. At least WordprocesssingML isn't miserable tag soup.
Seriously, the fucking W3C wastes all this time on muh DRM instead of cleaning up the goddamn markup situation into something that doesn't perpetually suck to parse.

yeah sure it's nice to be able to easily provision additional nodes at any of the goyims datacenters and to let them worry about the hardware itself, but the term "cloud" is a complete misnomer which is all just part of the marketing bullshit.

>le marketing
That's exactly what it is. It sounds cool for the normalfags and since we hear it everywhere we start using it too. Also, it rolls off the tongue easier.

Yeah, that's not going to happen. Everybody sees Gooyimgle's ad and botnet bux and they want a piece of the pie too.

>chrome
>c++, blink
>good browser
ecks dee

how many physical virtualization nodes do i need before i can claim my homelab is a le cloud? i'll be up to 3 once my replacement dl-360 g6 fan comes. also should i be concerned about rain inside my server room?

>linux makes microshit more money than windows
This can't be real!

>people on Sup Forums unironically use a phone OS developed by an ad company

say what you will, but that Apple graph compared to that Google graph is precisely why I stick with my iPhone

Because the "ads" is your information that they sell to advertisers/the government.

You can adblock everything and they could still track your ass via other means.

Because they don't go after the common citizen who pirated or asked the kid next door to "install a windows on his machine". Windows is the bread and butter of the OSs and is also the most well known. Tech illiterates are extremely high in number, it would be like asking a literal retard to do basic math, despite the fact that he's unable to do it naturally, then punishing him for it. For that, the retard will use his retard strength to beat the shit out of you. This is the position of Windows right now.

Windows gains profit from businesses and institutions who can be sued for piracy. A retard can't run a business, so it's a confirmation that you are intelligent enough to know about the legal implications of piracy and you must buy the product, which also produces revenue for you.

Which is why Office is more profitable since it's mostly used at companies and rarely at homes.

A company decided to use less ads because too many was driving people away and by being less intrusive they made more money. But that doesn't mean datamining is dead. Those ads that are displayed now need to be even more precise and various governments and agencies want that information.

Windows is the key thing which makes everything else possible.

fixed

>implying only shitbook does that

>Linux is the second largest means of income for Microsoft, even bigger than Windows.
And and Apple say that you can't make money with free software.

Microsoft's business model is diverse as fuck.

Kek, are we counting the patent licensing for Android?

Because compagnies and normies use nothing but office

Osx is free though

Because of piracy, obviously.
All pirates should go to jail for theft from Microsoft™

It's not dominant at all. If you look at graph it takes only 28%, which means other 82% is for libreoffice

You weren't the brightest in school, were you?

>calling it alphabet