Why don't you just replace the Li-ion cells in your devices instead of getting an overpriced new battery?

Why don't you just replace the Li-ion cells in your devices instead of getting an overpriced new battery?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KU1e-zq9hrw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

enjoy your house fires

You're talking to satan dude. I am sure he has fires everywhere anyway

>building a pack with mixed cells
Where do I get new Li-ion cells for less than $6 each?

$36 to replace all 6 cells is cheaper than buying a new battery pack in most cases

If you get brand new batteries, and don't mix types, sure why not. But you better be damn sure you have things wired up right because one short with these and they will explode very violently.

Oh, and you better be sure you don't have chink fakes, because the 18650 market is dominated by counterfeits.

Also you'll need a spot welder or some big ass caps (same thing). Li batteries do not appreciate the heat of being soldered to.

Aren't there these micro controllers that won't let you swap the cells and will treat the new ones as 'broken'?

if you get cheap cells, you're risking a housefire
if you get good cells, you're spending nearly as much as a proper new battery
also, if you get cheap cells, they mightn't even be close to the "rated capacity" listed when you bought them

if you've got old shit that you can't get new batteries for, then you should look to repacking it with new cells

youtube.com/watch?v=KU1e-zq9hrw

I shied away from replacing the individual cells in my old netbook for this very reason. I'm sure you could safely solder onto them under the right conditions, but I could just see one of them blowing up in my face and I'd lose my eyes and not be able to see tits for the rest of my life. Not worth it.

>not going blind
>not being able to grab tits "by accident"
>not getting pity sex

bretty gud :DD

Check out 's video. That's pretty hot.

There's a lot of 2s and 3s out there who like to get jiggy with it. Your plan is interesting, if only that were the only downside.

Ive soldered plenty of 18650 cells and had no issues with real cells from reputable companies

My netbook's got a tube with 6 18650s for a battery, I've always wanted to set it up so one end unscrews and you just slide them in.

Your netbook's "legal size"?

I wasn't thinking, it's two tubes of 3, not one of 6

>need a spot welder
Can't you just glue it?

Maybe, but if the glue is not highly conductive you'll probably lose power.

Tape?
You can solder the wires to metal plates and tape it.

That could work in some cases, but you need to hold the plates against the battery terminals with some amount of pressure, or your cordless drill might not work at every possible working angle.

I think there was conductive glue.

No satan, I dont want to burn my house down.

>it's a newfriend on Sup Forums learns about something so he makes a thread about it pretending to be an expert

alright this is pretty neat. where do I buy the cells and what tools will I need?

wont those explode if you solder them?

Why don't the battery manufacturers make it easy and safe to replace the worn out cells? Just imagine, all those old batteries that are not being manufactured anymore could be given new life.

Lawsuits

For what?

Accidental injury.

anything really if you're amerikkkan

I'll just say that's dumb.

In burgerland it's a good way to earn your early retirement.

You can stick weld with three car batteries and some jumpercables

their >$100 batteries would not sell if it was easy to do that

>puts laptop on crotch
>battery explodes
no thx

>implying you use your dick for anything as it is

Those dolls aint gonna fuck themselves