Say something nice about this processor

Say something nice about this processor.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/nuq0DvN8PYw?t=19s
cwdohnal.com/utglr/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Its architecture was better than the P4, hence why they based the Pentium M off it and then based the Core architecture off the Pentium M.

It looks pretty cool.

It had a great IPC and overclocked pretty well.

my P3-667 served me well from 2000 through 2005

At least it's not a G4.

It has more gold to extract then modem CPUs

When Mom bought me an AGP videocard from BestBuy so I could play Black and White on our Gateway, I had to carefully avoid the hologram sticker as to not ruin its sensitive transistors. Also, I learned our computer did not have an AGP slot. Good times.

Katmai is cute!
CUTE!

>install the PCI card perfectly and plug the monitor back into the onboard video
>computer switched to card graphics automatically
>think computer died

The G4 was actually used by NASA and other scientists at the time as it did computational tasks much better than the Athlon and Pentium CPUs of it's time.

Do some research faggot.

Good times, not that one though. I had a Socket 370 Celeron 800Mhz in a Dell L800CXE from 2001 - 2004. Combined with the Radeon 32mb PCI and 256mb ram it was nice little gaming pc (back then anyway) First pc I ever build also had a Socket 370, that one was a Celeron 1.4Ghz

blocks your path

AGP...i forgot those things existed. Damn, time has flown..

computer newfag (relatively) here, wtf kind of interface/socket does that thing use

The 233mhz one ran WinXP and AoE2 really well.

It's a Slot 1 CPU

in simple terms - it didn't have a socket, instead you installed it just how you install nowadays a PCI card

My first AGP card was also the best

I had this thing back in 2003. Served me well until 2011 when I finally upgraded my PC...well, more like switched it completely.

Slot 1 Gangbangs?

youtu.be/nuq0DvN8PYw?t=19s

I raffed

>He couldn't afford pro
>Didn't even flash a 9600
The history of a poorfag Sup Forums toddler

>overclocked pretty well.

Not the ones with off-die cache chips shitting the bed at barely over stock.

Jokes on you gaywad, everyone who was patrician used ATT to tighten the RAM timings and OC to 9800 Pro speeds, with the XT being the true retard filter

You guys remember the days when having the recommended specs on a game meant it ran well on high settings? Nowadays matching the recommended specs means a game runs like dogshit on low settings.

Maybe 50% of the time that was the case, during the dark ages of 3D, a lot of times it meant that it'd run flawlessly - in Glide at 800x600 or 1024x768 - and you were sacrificing a lot grafix-wise, since Glide was dithered 16-bit with some visuals sacrificed in the name of speed. Things got better once ATI and Nvidia focused on speed AND 32-bit rendering with anti-aliasing, and OpenGL was a legit competitor to D3D, like the excellent OGL renderer for Deus Ex

cwdohnal.com/utglr/

Once you had stuff like the 9700's/9800's and FX cards if you were a retard, there was a point where you could be sure high-end requirements meant you were in the clear, but FEAR broke the tradition where a 9800 being recommended certainly WASN'T the case, i.e. PS 3.0 being the new hotness, and the 9xxx cards and blowdryer FX cards were no longer equipped for the days of game box requirements, hence the X Radeons and Geforce 6

For the longest time, the most intensive game was FEAR using soft shadows, and having a high-end X or 7-series card was usually safe enough without needing to buy the pre-GT 8800's at nearly $1000, with Crysis making the 8800GT/GTS 512 mandatory. G92 was probably the last period where you could have a card and be sure that there was nothing you'd have to worry about requirement-wise, and ATI/AMD eventually caught-up with the 4870/4890 being their own 8800GT

The PC losing it's spot as a priority platform is probably why no one especially want to raise the bar when it comes to optimization, pretty grafix, or parity with actual required hardware. Real-time ray tracing in games was the supposed to be the next big thing, but that was years ago, and both AMD and Nvidia are wasting time on VR

everyone had these can anyone explain the price/performance metric i missed when i was a teen ?

>Say something nice about this processor.
I love PIII so fucking much I start rebuilding my old slot-1 rig recently.

Are you trying to summon the 2500k posters?

SEGAAAAAAAA

> 2003
> He didn't get a 9800pro instead

I had a P3 450 on an Intel 440BX motherboard and it was rock solid for years and years, overclocked well and everything.

I eventually had maxxed-out RAM and everything, but it died due to a bad cap and didn't survive a move.

It was a good computer.

Had a two socket p3-550 as my first personal machine. Learnt a lot from that thing and have always known multicore was the way forwards. Sure it had no agp slot and needed scsi interface hard drives, but true to enterprise hardware it survived me being a shitty teenager.

obselete, RISC architecture is gonna change everything

Only poors OC, and if you're a poor you'd get the 9600 brick it in the name of 10 extra fps.

I still use one to this day. It is in a closet managing the kitchen's router.

Post your p

where the heat sink goes?

it's on the other side

I had that one!

no botnet

Had this one. Lasted a couple of years then got a wolfie

I had this piece of shit 950MHz.
Burned out twice, replaced under warranty. Sucked back in the day

I had only a 700MHz Athlon Slot A. Used it until 2008 (no games, no coding), and never had a problem (had to replace the fans multiple times).