You can use actually good software (Visual Studio) instead of inconvenient, antiquated retardation

>you can use actually good software (Visual Studio) instead of inconvenient, antiquated retardation
>Visual Studio has a vim extension
>you can use Cygwin and chocolatey for any of your Unix autism
>all software you would use on Linux is on Windows
>graphics don't stutter like it's fucking 1995
>you can actually write Windows applications
>UI doesn't look like it's from 2002 or a macOS knockoff

There is literally no reason to not be on Windows in 2017.

Other urls found in this thread:

langserver.org/
webm.land/media/5Pd7.webm
unix.stackexchange.com/questions/182801/why-is-video-tearing-such-a-problem-in-linux
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

there is no fucking mods on this board, how many times i saw this bullshit

>he thinks I need to be on Windows to use Visual Studio Code

Begone shill.

VSCode is nowhere CLOSE to Visual Studio Proper. It's a good text editor but no IDE.

Linuxbabis have no clue at all.

Are you fucking retarded?
>what is g++
>what is any other fucking compiler you can run on terminal

Where are the mods?

You CLEARLY haven't use MSVC, have you? You are not actually a programmer, are you?

VCC is utterly a fucking pile of garbage but how would you even know, you are here to shill wintrash

>he thinks an IDE is just text editor + compiler + debugger

Holy shit fuck off.

>Uses vcc over gcc
>Uses vcc at all
ahahahahhaha stupid faggot. Sadly mods are too tech illiterate to spot this blatant shilling

You CLEARLY haven't use MSVC, have you? You are not actually a programmer, are you?

Visual Studio is an immensely convenient piece of software that makes everything about programming easier.

I have used MSVSC since VS 2006 era, kid

Can visual studio even run GCC? Clang? No? Into the garbage.

>muh intellij
>dev env features

yeah, visual studio code has it too.

Quiet yourself, shill!

>unironically writing code in C++ instead of C#

0/10 troll for not even using edge

Yes goyim use our (((compiler))) and stop asking questions

/thread

Yeah but it's worse in code. Much worse.

Oh you are a Csharp koder.

She can kode, guys, watch out!

>what is WINE for using Windows applications
>what is mingw64 for compiling Windows applications

Also why Cygwin? Can't you just use the Win10 Linux subsystem feature?

No, you're just a retard that needs his hands held.

The Rust language server will provide the same functionality across all editors, the IDE monopoly does not exist anymore dumb nodev shilll
langserver.org/

Top Kek

>>>/global/rules/11
>>>/global/rules/6
MODS

I like VS, but it's not like other IDEs don't exist.
don't bother using Vim myself
I do use Cygwin on Windows a bunch.
It's true, most Linux software has a windows port, those that don't can often be built with Cygwin anyway.

what the fuck are you talking about with

Windows has pretty hefty security issues. Windows updates are obnoxious, intrusive, the updater itself is the worst pile of shit that's ever existed (only MS is dumb enough to require multiple reboots for anything ever).
I still use Windows, but I also pick the right tool for the job, and there's reason to use Linux. Customization at home, ease of deployment in a more server oriented environment, older hardware support, developing on Linux isn't remotely as inconvenient as you're implying, fully integrated package management is convenient, updating isn't a pain, etc. And cost, or lack thereof.
The Windows 10 UI is worse than any modern Linux distro, which is a far fall from when MS was actually pretty damn good regarding actual UI design (and I'm not talking appearance, I'm talking actual usability, although the Win10 UI is also inconsistent and a bit ugly anyway).

notice how I never mentioned anything about muh open source software or muh freedoms

There's dumb shit about Linux and the Linux ecosystem (in particular, I've actually had better performance running applications in Wine than native Linux ports on many occasions, MAME is the big one that comes to mind), but there's plenty of reason to use Linux.

Wine is inconsistent as fuck in terms of shit working (it's usually pretty good, but there's always regressions and shit).
The Linux subsystem on Win10 doesn't properly support X11.

wew lad
C# is convenient.
actually, Visual Studio kind of sucks a bit if you aren't writing in C#
writing C++ in it is kind of junk

C# is really useless over modern C++

>There is literally no reason to not be on Windows in 2017
WIDF detected

Not even the most pedantic wincuck fanboys will say VCC is good for anything in this wrold.
KYS

>MSVSC
>Convenient
Brainlet spotted

>using C#

You have not seen the botnet running on older computers with weaker hardware have you?
This can be easily avoided on Linux by making/copying some rc files.

OP definitely a shill.

>Visual Studio
>actually good
Pick one. it's a royal pain in the ass.

So does Sublime, and it runs on Linux and Mac OS X just the same.

Chocolatey has nothing on any proper package manager, and Cygwin is barely tolerable.

And yet, ironically, you can't always get a binary. Numerous libraries that I would normally be able to find in a package manager on Linux need to be compiled from source on Windows, which is a pain on either MSYS2 or Cygwin. They always feels incomplete by comparison.

I do not have this problem on Linux.

You can actually do the same on Linux. x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc and wine make developing Windows applications trivial.

I honestly don't give a damn what the UI looks like, but it is worth questioning why Microsoft can't make up their minds about how the Windows UI should look. It's radically different with each release.

And some of us don't want an IDE. If I wanted one, I'd use Qt Creator.

It's to slow and bloated. It's WPF ffs.
Use CLion, pycharm etc instead. Then you got resharper integrated, which is all that matters in vs anways, beside a debugger and an ok editor I mean

>I do not have this problem on Linux.
I really have a hard time believing its silky smooth for you. I have a hard time believing you have no screen tearing issues at all.

In other words, ricing

>Pick one. it's a royal pain in the ass.
Please, even if you hate MS/Windows there is absolutely no denying that VS is an incredible IDE, especially when it comes to .NET stuff. There's not a single IDE out there that works as well as VS with C#

This is true though, it was shilled like it was vs but it's just a lightweight ide basically.

Again why not Clion, pycharm +++
I don't want ms cancer on my system

>>you can use Cygwin and chocolatey for any of your Unix autism
Why would you do that on Windows 10 when it has WSL?

MSVC, the compiler, is not the same as Visual Studio, the IDE. MSVC is a terrible compiler and I always use gcc/g++ to compile instead.

>complains something is bloated
>recommends the java version instead

>MSVC, the compiler, is not the same as Visual Studio, the IDE. MSVC is a terrible compiler and I always use gcc/g++ to compile instead.
Why are you wasting energy on a shill. He CLEARLY doesn't have any idea what he's on about

I'd consider it if it didn't come with a $200 price tag, but it does.

C#, it's not 2006-2010
why don't you start with visual basic while you are at it. Nobody uses C# anymore, it's dead

The only reason to run Windows is if you need Windows-only software. I don't, so I'll continue not using it.

>not using the only usable version
kek

>that image
>Rust
>needs c bindings to do basic shit
might as well call it crust.

I play a number of games on Linux via Steam, and screen tearing is not among the issues I have faced. In fact, the only issue I've had is a random crash where the last input I've made to a game is locked in and no other input is recognized for about 5 seconds, followed by a crash. This happens about as often as a kernel panic on Mac OS X or BSOD on Windows. I have no idea the cause, but it's not graphics-related.

>Please, even if you hate MS/Windows there is absolutely no denying that VS is an incredible IDE
I had to use Visual Studio for my master's research, since it involved some kernel level code on Windows. I have never had a greater displeasure than trying to work with its debugger, and I've found that Intellisense actually gets in my way more than it helps.

>especially when it comes to .NET stuff
I can imagine it might be nice for .NET stuff, but I work in C and C++ most of the time.

I only have the Visual C++ 2015 redistributable. Am I fine?

>teari
Not him but where do you see tearing?
webm.land/media/5Pd7.webm

Who knows, no one audits that garbo

You may have things bass-ackwards. Visual Basic is dying. C# is the face of .NET.

Funny, I'm in Debian right now watching this and it's screen tearing like shit.

Memes aside, this really is something I'd like to fix. I like Linux but the screen tearing makes it an unpleasant experience. According to unix.stackexchange.com/questions/182801/why-is-video-tearing-such-a-problem-in-linux it's because of X.

There's no excuse not to be off Windows in 2017. It's a fucking dumpster fire of constant crashing, bugs, and security vulnerabilities. It should have disappeared in the 90s.

What hardware have you got and what WM?

Use Wayland then. (ie GNOME 3)

Just Intel integrated graphics on a Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga. I'm using i3 right now.

Yeah I'll try GNOME.

Linux baby?
I am confused about how you came up with that name.
Do you like being a cunt online?
Do you assume that the actions of others somehow effect you

Look we know you're an emotional wreck after fining out your sister fuck a non-family person.
We get it... You're hurt.

Also it has a dedicated graphics card but I could never get that to work.

kek

My friend just got a cushy job out of college to do C# stuff.

install gentoo

Don't know where you are but in my country C# is the majority of the jobs. Visual Studio is trash tho

>you can use actually good software (Visual Studio) instead of inconvenient, antiquated retardation
The GCC toolchain is easier to customize, it's portable and it's free.
Even my fridge has a vim plugin
Or you could just use an actual POSIX system, instead of trying to make a bloated piece of shit act like a sane software development environment.
Windows doesn't even has a decent grep alternative.
Wayland is more stable that whatever shit Windows uses.
This would just extend the problem
I actually like having a familiar desktop that actually works, instead of whatever Microshit thinks represents their company's look.

I'm asking this because I'm wondering if only Visual Studio 2015 and newer has telemetry since I only have the VC++ 2015 redist.

Use a compositing windows manager (Compiz, KWIN, Mutter) or Compton.

OMG is that what neets really believe? Perhaps if you spent a little less time playing with you dick you wouldn't be so clueless about technology.

That's bloated shit, windows is awful for software development.

>Cygwin

I like to be able to use oh-my-zsh on windows, but the fact that Cygwin can't pass SIGINT or SIGTERM to child processes blows. I have to whip out cmd with .bat aliases every time I have to launch a JVM project.

where do I get this video file?

What distro is that m9?

>Using VS instead of jetbrains ide for coding + emacs for configs n shit
>Cygwin instead of proper unix
>Writing windows-only gui desktop apps on ancient pajeet shit api in 2017 instead of qt/curses-like libs(or ncurses itself)/electron

Thanks, Rajesh, I would count on your opinion. Now go and increment variable to loop.

KYS shill

>records a video
>durr where do you see tearing
That's not how tearing works.

Yes, good goy-er, customer. Use windows. you have nothing to hide, right? who needs to control their OS anyway? Just let us handle everything.

Create a driver configuration for the intel graphics driver and force triple vsync and the no screen tearing option.
It is retarded, but it seems to work.

Or, excuse me, tear free video option or something along those lines.