#WomenHack because HTML counts right?

They sent me an email to pay 50 USD to join their little event. When I didn't respond, they sent me this. I would love to see you there Sup Forums.

eventbrite.com/e/womenhack-austin-810-developer-ticket-tickets-36285156881?discount=ALLACCESS

Other urls found in this thread:

eventbrite.com/e/womenhack-austin-810-developer-ticket-tickets-36285156881?discount=ALLACCESS
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

so, they wanted you to pay $50, then when you didn't respond, they said you could go for free?

They are a marketing group looking to exploit women in tech. I think it's a shitty thing to do, so I'm inviting anyone who would like to go (now for free).

I'M NOT LIKE THE OTHER WOMEN, Sup Forums

tits or gtfo

Alright I'm going. Look for my ThinkPad and copy of sicp

don't forget your programming socks!

I'm going as John lennon.

I don't really feel this kind of thing helps at all. Don't invite us to "women in tech" talks because it's always about how hard it is to be a woman in tech, invading the boys' club, bla bla bla.

It's bullshit. Declined. You want invites accepted? Don't invite us because we're women, invite us to talk about our fucking work because our research is cool. Anything else is demeaning.

The bro culture especially of Silicon Valley is an absurd and awful trashfire, yes. Even outside there in saner places, engineers of all stripes can be... salty. But I don't think these "women in tech" PR vultures realise they're part of the problem too.

Oh and while I'm at it, hackathons are a huge part of that awful culture: what, you think we never talked to any artists who warned us about how "working for exposure" is always, always bullshit? You think I'm going to pay to go to your event and work for free? Do you think I'm nuts? Aren't you preying on fresh-out-of-uni idiots? I thought that was the games industry's shtick, roping them into the worst kind of testing in the world as a "dream job" - but no, even enterprise Java shops are pulling that exploitative "hackathon" crap now and it makes me sick.

Don't fall for that.

You're valuable. Your time is valuable. What are you doing shitposting on Sup Forums. Learn something. Make something. Pull on those stripey socks or maido outfit or whatever the hell you feel comfortable in and fucking do something. Terry A Davis has schizophrenia and thinks he's talking to God and he made a fucking operating system from scratch. What's your excuse?

why are you assblasted over this?

is this fresh pasta?

I don't know, user. Maybe I've just seen too much shit, sat through too many meetings. Maybe I just got invited to too many "diversity" talks. Maybe the seed of an idea is germinating in my head and isn't quite ready to sprout into something concrete and I'm frustrated about it. Maybe my depo's wearing off early.

Maybe I'm just shitposting too. We're all lost here.

Yes.

women only have a problem in tech because the men in tech are beta assburgers with no social skills.

no one bitches about there not being enough men in biology.

richard stallman will be attending

me on the right

I don't even need to see tits to know you're a girl

how do you get invited to these things? what do you do?

1000% right about the biology, it's inexplicably a taco-fest yet no-one squeaks about that and pretends STEM is some homogenous thing?

As for the no social skills thing, surprise: a lot of the women in tech have poor social skills too! The bigger problem I see is the alpha Chads bro'ing their way through SV tech startup culture now, with their foosball tables and their high-5s and their shitty beer and pizza hackathons and their loud screeching while decent people are trying to work.

Okay, they bathe more, I'll give them that one thing.

What do I do to get invites to 'celebrating diversity' events? Exist, apparently. Which is what irritates me about them. If they were inviting me to talk about my work I'd probably happily go, diary and NDAs permitting. If they're inviting me just because of who and what I am, instead of what I actually do, I feel it's worse than pointless, it's needlessly segregative pandering.

Just ordered my ticket.

Going as Bruce Didgeridoo.

As if I'm flying from Australia for that shit...

cd code
cd ..
cd..
cd ..
I wuz haxorz now

i agree with you, usually man can stand for them self and tell exploiter to BTFO but somehow woman cant, and so they always end exploited, as a mature not neckbeared transnet i will do my best to rescue those woman, you will see me there bro

much love, Rick
infowars.com

Britain?

We just want a job

What's Austin like?

now that it's free you should go, there's probably free food

Yes.

What, and hackathons as yet another tech culture extended, needlessly-exploitative interview process or extremely temporary, ephemeral unpaid internship which barely helps you network at all but might, maybe, if you're lucky lead to a proper interview where there will be whiteboards?

Okay, yeah, I can see that. I don't think it helps in the long run but I understand you needing to grab every chance for engagement with the industry that you can get.

The bigwigs care about shipping things in my experience (they tend to literally have mantras about this framed on the walls, after their playpen receptions). They want Github profiles, domain experts, useful and interesting research - the best of that (and open source in general) comes from someone working tirelessly to solve problems that affect them personally. Just like in art, they want to see a portfolio.

Good luck. There are more candidates than jobs for McDonald's lately, let alone tech companies. It's been oversaturated since the first dot-com bust.

They're trying to discipline and cheapen the last undisciplined, well-paid labor force by pushing the 21st century equivalent of teetotallers into it.

There's some truth in it. I went to University and you can't deny that CS has a very high percentage of spergs (male AND female). When you go study CS, you have to deal with dorks all the time.

Of course, the socially inept men and women are 100% okay with it. Then normal men can ignore it. However, normal women really care what others think, so they rather study law or business or medicine, where they are around other normies.

Somewhat pozzed.

>normal women rather
wreck the last of the sperg's safe spaces because muh status and muh money.

So i've calculated how many people i would meet in my life if I shelved out 1 minute for 1 person for 90 years straight.
Approximately 1 in 162 on this planet in the present timeline.
That means i am a success if 1 in 162 people agree with me, and i can safely ignore the other 161 because i'd never be able to realistically meet them. They can be considered garbage or empty air.
Feminists and social justice people can safely go into the 161 garbage list.
I have only this one life, ain't gonna waste it on a bunch of princess complex bitches that i get nothing out of. Bills to pay, family to feed, you know the drill.

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

>eventbrite.com/e/womenhack-austin-810-developer-ticket-tickets-36285156881?discount=ALLACCESS
just registered using my friends details

I unironicly do this. Please no bully.

fuck off

Hackathons can be exploitive but they can also be places to get some networking done if you are a useless neet with no idea where to look for jobs. Sure it could be seen as "preying on them" but if you have no leverage you can't reasonably expect to walk into a dream job. Just taking the worst element of something and using that as an excuse to dismiss it entirely shows a depressing lack of imagination.

Fucking millennials.

All those diversity talks are bullshit, whetever the field.
The unique thing that matters are :
>no bias when recruiting, women have the same chances of getting the job
>same salary, or it should only depends on how good you are at negotiating.

Forcing companies recruiting women is absurd, they should hire on skills
Wanting and telling every 2 month women to start CS/IT/you name it study because it's sooo cool to have diversity in computer science is bullshit.
Women are free, they should think and act as they want and do the studies they want. Not because they were memed into thinking it's cool, but because they actually are interested and see how cool it is.

Real problem is the shitty society we live in, but it's harder to fight the real issues and just go on war against people that didn't asked anything.
Girls and boy should receive the same education and discover what they actually want in life by themselves, not because "boys do this, girls do that".

And yes those morrons should learn that women and men aren't exactly the same and it will be natural to find more women as midwife than men, and there will be more men mechanic than women.

And for knowing a guy that is midwife, it's amusing not seeing feminists talk about this kind of shit since his job is filled with misandry from nurses, midwife and parents

no

much love, rick
infowars.com

pathetic

Bravo, user. Stay based. Liberal society is crashing down around us, but all we can do is try to stay based, regardless of genital/allosome configuration.

Listen, little baby. You're gonna get a lot of hurtful and degrading comments, but that ain't what I'm about.

Let me just say, you are perfect the way you are. You hear me, sugar?
PERFECT.

Don't ever change.

You deserve everything and anything you want. Stay safe for me, baby girl.

>mfw thinking about you hurting

100% behind this, user, I fucking hate what they're doing to women and what they're doing to everyone. I don't need to feel good about my gender, I need to feel good about my work, because it is good. Same for fucking everyone

>tfw not shizophrenic or a faggot, so i can't become a genius code barista

I felt edgy and put Donald Trump

Look in any user's shell history and I'm sure you'll see the same somewhere, tab completion or otherwise. I use ~/src though.

Do you think attending hackathons looks good on your CV or provides any meaningful leverage in negotiations?

If so, I mean you have a fair point on an individual basis. Like unpaid internships, they can be both exploitative yet beneficial to your career as a whole I guess; my point is, like unpaid internships, they probably aren't good for the industry ecosystem as a whole, and neither are worth anything near as much as shipping code, a shining Github account and not being an asshole (and let's be clear,, for every Anita Sarkeesian there's ten Lennart Poetterings).

I concur.

Isn't that the wrong picture for that pasta?

Whatever does, or doesn't, make you comfy. You don't need to be a crazy genius to do stuff. Most of the people who think they are, aren't, and underestimate their ability to fuck up. You just need to get up off your (metaphorical) arse and actually do something. The tenacity and willpower to actually ship something wins out over the virtuoso's unfinished symphony any day.

Of course if you don't have that, all I can suggest is play to your strengths.

Careful user, get any edgier and you might have to get a Shadow the Hedgehog x Reaper fursona, and we don't want that.

Pozzed doesn't sound nice but I'm in the competing University town and it's pretty boring desu

Glad we could agree mlady

I'll see you in the waifu thread

Wow they're really doing it. They're going to ruin Texas

>buttblasted about actually doing things like hackathons
>blah blah blah I'm an artist
>mentions meme OS that doesn't even work

ya ok slut. go fuck off and write cd.. for hours trying to figure out what you did wrong instead of just shopt -s autocd like a smart man would

fucking stupid bitch.

>The bro culture especially of Silicon Valley is an absurd and awful trashfire
Nah. Fratboy culture >>>>>>> SJW culture any day.

>Womenhack
Why the need to add "Women" to the fucking title, God if you want people attending and paying your event don't make it "exclusive" to only one Gender because it fucking attracts SJW faggots and "Techie Feminists", I honestly think that the majority of the people here are going to be Women, and if there are Male attendants they're just gonna be shitted on for being "privileged".

Good place to go if you're into hard femdom, so I hear.

You're going to get raped.

>Isn't that the wrong picture for that pasta?
W H I T E B R E A D