Vega 56 bench rumor/leaked - The last hope of the Vega mess?

techpowerup.com/235775/amd-rx-vega-56-benchmarks-leaked-an-unverified-gtx-1070-killer#

tweaktown.com/news/58635/amd-radeon-rx-vega-56-leaked-benchmarks-gtx-1070-killer/index.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A1vLL1O9iQo
youtube.com/watch?v=qspdnAYiiug
youtube.com/watch?v=WOVjZqC1AE4
youtube.com/watch?v=7Jm_eUQSYAk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I remember awhile back someone from Sup Forums emailed tweaktown a bait story and they made an article about it.

that being said the 56 looks to be the best of the lineup. didnt amd say 56 was late august though?

finally, rip 1070, you had a good 1 year run

>yfw miners buy them all up at launch

>1070 killer

>AMD shills waited a year to get a 1070 killer that also kills their local power grid

It's a good thing they're so used to waiting because that disappointment would have really upset a normal person.

>Vega mess
What mess?
Vega brings some incredible stuff for applications with large datasets.

we only care about vidya here user

>we
Who?
I care about technology.
HBCC is fucking awesome, it's the first remotely complex memory system in GPUs.

I'm interested on the kind of integrated devices AMD will be able to deliver.
A Raven Ridge with integrated HBM memory is an absolute fucking monster, because well, you pretty much only need to have the AMD thing, a south bridge and that's fucking it.
A PCB that is so clean and small, it delivers a retarded amount of PC power for like 100 bucks.
A GPD-Win made out of this would be a very, VERY tempting thing.

UMA

I think they can integrate HBM PHY into iGPU portion of the die.
One stack of HBM2 will make an incredible performer out of even small iGPU.

Yep, and then let the CPU do it's thing there too, and well, pretty much PC on a chip.
Actually, it would be interesting if AMD could integrate the south bridge and make a literal SoC out of this.
One chip, one computer.

i want to believe

Zeppelin is already a SoC, user.
Chipset is there only for MOAR USB (Zeppelin only provides 4 3.0 ports) and MOAR SATA.

Glorious.

And EPYC is truly a SoC. It uses no chipset.

Depends if you want to go stock or wait for sapphire's version, which might be October?

EPYC mobile when? AMD SoC cellphones when?

56 is AiB-only. No ref afaik.
EPYC is a datacenter CPU, lmao.
Also AMD is not interested in phone market.

I'm pretty sure you can't even fit an Epyc in a phone.

In all honesty the 56 was probably the one i was going to go for anyway, so this just sweetens the deal. But it is prudent to wait for real reviews rather than rumours, you know where AMD rumours gets us.

It's too ebyn for phones.

"don't worry, we just adopt the 21:9 aspect ratio and it will just fit!"

Wrong board mate

No, it looks like Sup Forums only cares about vidya when it comes to GPUs.

And i believe Raven Ridge is going to use an Vega derived GPU. Will AMD finally take the integrated graphics crown from Intel?

(Their latest iGPUs pulled ahead of bristol ridge, granted it's a $600 processor vs a $100 one)

If the 56 is AIB only why are they offering a radeon pack for it?

It might not get one of those metal enclosures though.

I think you've got the wrong board if you think anything otherwise

back you go

In an interview with HardOCP, Chris Hook had this to say:

"Part of the reason it's taken us a little longer to launch Vega - and I'll be honest about that - is that we wanted to make sure we were launching with good volume. (...) Obviously we've got to compensate for things like coin-miners, they're going to want to get their hands on these. We believe we're launching with a volume that will ensure that gamers can get their hands on them, and that's what's important to us."

youtube.com/watch?v=A1vLL1O9iQo

Intel's latest iGPU uses fucking gigantic 128MB eDRAM slab.
Vega iGPU will snap it in half, Vega iGPU with HBM2 would probably murder entry-level cards like 1030 or 550.

>Vega iGPU with HBM2 would probably murder entry-level cards like 1030 or 550.
No.
Vega igpu is just 700 stream processors and no hbm 2.
For a reference polaris is 2300 stream processors.

Vega is not Polaris, though.

Polaris 10 is 2304 (2048 in the 570/580)
Polaris 11 is 1024 (512 in the 550/540)
A 700 stream processor vega, even with system memory, should kick the shit out of a 550. It will be interesting to see how HBCC affects system memory access.

considering that this will only need a bump on the memory clock to reach the 64 indeed it is the sane choice

but if the same bump happens on the 64 then we are in for a nice lineup regardless

>bump on the memory clock
Yeah, nah... HBM is a pain in the ass to overclock, and you basically have to watercool to get the temps low enough to do it.
HBM needs

hbm2 has a nice headroom on it thus the big clocks we saw on this generation of gcn

>hbm2 has a nice headroom on it
Yes, as long as you can keep it cool.
Samsung HBM becomes extremely unstable above warm temperatures. You need to watercool, or use a 3-slot cooler to overclock it.

i think amd is using only hynix on rx and sam on the big ones

Ok, that would be interesting.
We still don't know how Hynix HBM2 responds to temperature though.

No, it's Samsung for both 4-Hi and 8-Hi.

i mean they use samsung hbm2 on the workstation/enterprise
and hynix on the rx series

Probably no. It's almost certainly Samsung for both 4-Hi and 8-Hi stacks.

doubtful
they are too buddy buddy with samsung these days

we know they are getting from both of them
this is the more sane approach tho

I remember people saying Raven Ridge would match the rx 460, guess that was just another pipe dream.

Samsung has near-limitless wafer capacity.
And as other user said, AMD & Samsung are buttbuddies now, Samsung is platinum partner for EPYC.

Assuming DSBR works as intended - it will.

Having less SPs and memory bandwidth than an rx 460, not possible.

I would piss my pants if that happened, imagine Raven Ridge laptops with quad cores and iGPU performance roughly as a 460

It really might do. The 460 is an 896SP part, so if the Vega cores an APU can clock really well, it's got a good shot at it. That said, seeing how power hungry Vega can be, it's hard to see how,
1. It can be cooled properly on a package with a CPU
2. It can be powered well enough by the SoC VRM on any AM4 board, including the ridiculous 4-phase SoC on the CH6 which is more powerful than the VCore on a lot of B350 boards.

How autistic you have to be to draw this.

>power hungry
Vega10 is fucking 4096SP clocked REALLY high.

Titan Xp does all of those things without performance loss vs Vega FE/RX Vega.

Titan Xp will get out-of-memory error.

that has nothing to do with what i said lol pretty sure amd wont drop hynix since they both co developed hbm we know they are getting from them also because they listed vega and tesla as products

HBCC looks like it's the tits.

I hope someone puts out a thicc heatsink on it before october

Asus ROG Strix is a 3-slot triple fan monstrosity. At least, the 64 version.

Sadly this

>delivers around 20% better performance
Reminder that the difference between a 1080 and a 1070 is only 19%. If it beats a 1070 by that much it's a direct 1080 competitor

There were like 3 SSG threads.
For some reason these had no shitposting.

any more benchmarks out there? i could sell my 1070 for like ~500€ and buy a Vega at launch but only if it beats the 1070 by 10 - 20% in non-AMD sponsored gaymes too.

No official benches till the NDA lifts on the 14th

>If it beats a 1070 by that much it's a direct 1080 competitor
It's price that determines what it's competing with retard

Is that the Vega 56 pictured?
2 8pins to kill the 1070 which only has 1 8 pin?

2.5 slot

>power connectors determine power consumption
I thought this was Sup Forums

Hey if it was lower it would have 8+6 or 6+6

Only Vega 64 Limited Edition has that silver shroud

Newfag here. Please explain why some cards have 2 8pins and some have 1 8/6 pins.

Vapor-X pls

>Vega 56
>Total Board Power 210W
>$400
>Releases in August 2017

>GTX 1070
>Total Board Power 180W
>$379
>Released in June 2016

AIB is going to make Vega56 at least 450 if you buy Sapphire or Asus.

>AIB is going to make Vega56 at least 450 if you buy Sapphire or Asus.
A 1070 isn't exactly $380 either, but these are the MSRPs listed by both companies.

Vega 56 just doesn't seem to do enough for the price. Will it beat the 1070 right now? In games that do not favor Nvidia they will. In games that favor Nvidia, eg UE4 games like PUBG, Vega 56 will still fall short from the 1070.

On top of all of this Vega is a year late compared to Nvidia. Nvidia's going to release a new GPU line at which point Vega gets fucked.

Given the 1070 inflated prices due to mining, it might be value to buy Vega 56 at MSRP. But all of the Vega56 might be snatched up if it is any good for mining at all. Well we will see.

thats only 30w user.

why are you crying user seem good to me
an i'm not even a fanboy.
also since i own a EVGA GTX1070 SC I know i can go way over 150w with gpu boost 3.0
power useage is more like 185W at max load.

Why nvidia lies I don't know.

>18 months later we might beat 1070 at double the power draw
WE DID IT AMDBROS

Having more supply at launch just means that miners will be able to get more cards at lower prices.

HAHAHAHAHA

Not only did I say "Total Board Power" I also mentioned the 180W number.

The GPU launches more than a year later, uses more power and offers performance better that is about in line with the higher power usage. Oh, and the card has a higher price as well.

It just doesn't seem very good value in the long run, especially since it's an AMD card.

you tried nvicuck but failed
your HAHAH meme is better

Just wait for navi bro

I will wait for the actual benchmarks to determine shit, INCLUDING power draw.

>"people" like this are allowed to shitpost on our great board
how is this allowed

If you wait for actual benchmarks, you lose to miners who are willing to snatch your cards.

AMD probably has something quite nasty in the store for them.
And a "specialized mining line" that cut costs on everything that is not mining.

AMD is only known for cutting corners.

Everything you can say about AMD you can say about Nvidia in some point of their woodscrewy story.
Cutting corners, housefire cards, shitty drivers (but ATI/AMD is more frequent on this one), cheating benchmarks left and right, trying to force developers to use proprietary shit.
It's a quite fun duo.

Woodscrews weren't on mass-produced and shipping to customer cards though.

Housefire, both sides did it.

As for cutting the corner of a 6 pin connector because the fan would hit it, on a production card, shipped to customers...

Yep.
If i would point out at some physical fuck up of Nvidia, probably a better example is the FX5800:
youtube.com/watch?v=qspdnAYiiug

What the fuck is THAT?

The Geforce "dustbuster" FX5800.
It was so bad, even nvidia themselves did joked with it:
youtube.com/watch?v=WOVjZqC1AE4

Is Radeon Technologies Group about to be jettisoned off? This is a failure of massive proportions. If this released even 6-8 months after Pascal, this would be fine, good even. but we are probably less than 2 quarters away from Volta.

No one cares what extremely loud gaymen minority says.
Radeon Pro SSG has no competition, this alone is an achievement for RTG.

Ironically I never intended to get a Vega card, but due to mining I've put enough cash into my pc budget that I can go higher end than I initially planned. Yay for miners I guess

>Loud fan
Yeah, they didn't have the massive coolers and heat pipes they have now back then and CPU coolers were still a single block of machined aluminium

Nvidia went and fixed the dustbuster 5800 with the 5900 Ultra and the 5950 using revised the FlowFX cooler.

Heatpipes came along much later.

>Vega56
>Barely 1070 performance
>Almost 1080Ti power consumption
>Literal housefire

Reminds me of this
youtube.com/watch?v=7Jm_eUQSYAk

very

>epyc dies with infinity fabric.jpg