I fucking hate this company. Aside from charging an arm and a leg...

I fucking hate this company. Aside from charging an arm and a leg, they are charging me a fucking "smartphone access fee". Whatever the fuck that is.

So my bill that SHOULD only be 110, is in actuality 190.

What the fuck is this shit? Are there any other options for me? Is there no way out? Am I destined to be cucked for all eternity by them?

Other urls found in this thread:

usmobile.com/
ting.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Are there any other options for me?
No user. You are eternally cucked by Verizon. Other telephone companies don't exist.

what the fuck is a "smartphone fee"? Not even the UK is that cucked for internet

I suppose what I mean to ask is "Where should I go to pay just what my plan says I'll pay, as opposed to a bunch of bullshit charges"?

I haven't the faintest fucking clue as to what it is. I looked it up and apparently it's a sneaky way for cell phone companies to get more money out of you. If you pay off the phone it's apparently even more or less depending.

Have you taken a look at T-Mobile and AT&T? Or an MVNO?

This. I am on T-Mobile and I like it honestly. Sprint is not bad either. Verizon is usually the shit tier.

>3.) Smartphone Line Access
>As mentioned above, Verizon charges you $20 per month, per line, for having and using a smartphone. This is not a charge for data usage, nor is it any kind of device payment plan. It has nothing whatsoever to do with any usage. Thus, we pay Verizon $40 a month, on top of our $45 usage subscription plan, simply because the phones on both lines are smartphones.

Verizon's coverage is too good for me to go elsewhere but goddamn are they kikes

>Whatever the fuck that is.
Its the fee so that you can access their services.
Glad I could help.

use a dumbphone goy.
smart phones are a luxury.

That is such a bullshit response, I can't even come up with anything to say without sounding too mad.

Gee, that's convenient. Why doesn't T-Mobile do it, then?

If you want limited minutes and extremely limited data, check an MVNO. I use Red Pocket mobile and pay a little less than $10 per month for 500 minutes, 500 texts and 100mb data monthly. Only wait time is getting the SIM card, and refills are conducted online. I get to choose any provider I want, though Simless is only through Sprint.

>tfw paying for $30 a month for T-Mobile 5G plan
feels good man, hardly ever go over the data limit and they don't seem to throttle you if you got reasonably over.
Don't get coverage in the boonies tho which is only a problem .1% of my life but is probably a deal breaker for others

I travel for my job so I have much experience with cell phone coverages, as I have used Verizon, Sprint and ATT.

AT&T - Current, 90/100 for coverage, price is not as good as some others but because of my unlimited plan I get directvnow for pretty fucking cheap which has allowed me to drop cable, all in all I like ATT the best.

Sprint, had these guys in early 2000's, garbage coverage, good plan and decent price, the lack of coverage outside of larger cities rendered Sprint near useless for me.

Verizon, by far and wide the best coverage I ever had, but the high priced billing and utterly incompetent billing made me RUN away from Verizon, even paying their early termination fee.

I have never had nor used the Walmart phne, I think it's called direct talk, but I know people who have it and they were more than pleased, was in a remote area of PA and my att S4 was most of the time left without signal, when I did get signal it was too weak for data, while my co-worker had his walmart phone posting selfies on fagbook and watching videos, he also only paid 55 a month. If I ever leave ATT I will be getting me a walmart phone, for sure.

No experience with other providers besides nextel and they are kaput.

RMS doesn't have his own phone. When he needs to make a call, he just asks someone around him to borrow their cell phone.

>Verizon is usually the shit tier.
Until a potential emergency situation happens, and a power outage happens around you. This is the moment that you wish you had verizon.

T-mobile. I have 3 unlimited lines for $100/month, all taxes and fees inclusive. And they refund me $10 every month for each line that uses less than 1gb, so often I only pay $80/month.

Verizon Wireless is a piece of shit company.

Verizon FiOS is breddy gud tho. 9/10 would recommend.

That makes no sense at all. Cell towers are leased by carriers and usually carry more than just one carrier's signal. If a tower near you goes out, chances are you're going to lose the signal to all networks.

How the fuck does anyone get talked into more than 60 a month?

Switch to T-Mobile. Shit's great. Cheaper than my Verizon plan, gsm phones work, unlimited data, good coverage where I live, and pic related. Insanely nice bonus if you travel a lot, something like 140 countries

Verizon are niggers, can't believe I was with them for so long

Verzon has battery backups, and have assembled mobile towers during these occasions.

I work for AT&T we have line access fees also. Pretty sure unless you go prepaid you'll get them.

It's such an incredibly shitty policy, but there's nothing really illegal about it. You can bitch until you're blue in the face that you didn't know about it or whatever, but at the end of the day they're "not doing anything wrong".

Line access fees were a roundabout way to increase prices back when verizon was getting ready to buy out vodafone. They needed to increase revenue so they could increase the amount of money to could raise for the buy out. Now that line access fee pretty much pays the loan and bond interests.

Verizon has ~$130B in debt, they're going to find more ways to increase prices.

That's the shittiest fucking excuse to jew customers.

T-Mobile doesn't do that shit.

Verizon has also bought a shit ton in the last few years.

Unless you are financing your phones (which lol) just use Verizon prepaid like I do. I pay $45 per month for 3gb, unlimited talk & text, and $0.75 for e911 crap which not every state has, and that's literally it no line access fees or any bullshit like that. In fact it'll soon be cheaper since I'm going to switch to the new $40 plan which is the same amount of everything but adds rollover data. Phone is a used Turbo 2 that I got for $180 last fall from Fleabay, been working great. There's no real reason to be postpaid anymore, there's even an $80/mo unlimited prepaid option.

It's not an excuse it's modern business. Everytime you read about company X buying company Y for $Zbillion you as the consumer will pay for it.

For example look at Energizer batteries when Warren Buffet bought the brand for whatever he paid the costs of Energizer batteries went up even though the quality remained the same. These companies pile on debt and then pass the cost to the consumer with no improvements.

>$25 SIM fee
Yeah okay buddy

Is that monthly?

It isn't, but it doesn't absolve T-Mobile of their Jewry

I would assume "smartphone fee" is what you pay to get a "free phone".

But reading this thread it's something else?
You even have to pay it if you bought your phone separately?

>not using the promocode that reduces the sim card from $25 to $0.99

It's been around for like 10 years now. Idk why they still charge $25 for one other than the fact that they see it as a stupidity tax.

Promo codes are just a way to trick Goyim into thinking they made a great deal when in fact they are paying full price because everyone can use them.

ie:
Charging $1 for a SIM might anger the Goyim.
But charging $1 for a SIM while claiming it's actually worth $25 makes even the most frugal Goyim happy.

$25 once per phone is not a fucking jew scheme

You say that as though they're not part of the same company.

>Making a Goy pay from something that should be free.
>Not a proud Jewish tradition.

No, it doesn't. HOWEVER Verizon expects you to pay anywhere from 15 to 40 extra dollars for... literally nothing. Per month. Per line.

That's unacceptable.

I mean, they're completly seperate, they're owned by the same parent company, Verizon Communications.

Verizon wireless and Verizon FiOS however are separate entities from each other. VZW will be leveraging a significant chunk of FiOS's fiber network for VZW's 5G micro-cell site deployment.

Fi.

I've had Verizon and they took all my money (mama bear)
I've had T-Mobile and while cheap the signal was bad (baby bear)
I now have AT&T with a fair price and good service (fuck bear analogy)

wat job?

>gigabit plan
>up to 940/880
>up to
shit-tier false advertising. sue them and get your full 1000.

I have AT&T and have always had cell service during major power outages. I'm not talking small stuff

>finland
>russia
sandnigger detected

Are you a moron?

Every single gigabit provider in the country is the same and they've been operating for years without getting sued.

The limit is the 1gbps NICs in the ONT, Router, switches, and your computers.

TCP/IP packet overhead is 5.5% so 1000mbps, take 5.5% of that is 55mbps, you're left with ~945mbps at most.

As an ex Tech support of Verizon Fios have to tell you thios company loves to scam people so better change to another company while you can user

Advertising a gigabit plan as less is moronic, overhead be damned.

Google fiber
AT&T gigablast
Comcast's Xfinity Gig
etc, etc

They're all limited by your 1gbps ethernet NICs.

Stop trying to be autistic.

>go to verizon store
>ready to drop $650 on a phone
>sorry dude, we're a corporate store
>we can only finance it

wtf verizon

>shit-tier false advertising. sue them and get your full 1000.
Literally how?
He'd have to spend $1000+ just to upgrade to 10gbps NICs and router just to take advantage of anything over 945mbps.

This isn't even mentioned FiOS doesn't currently deploy ANY ONT hardware that is capable of outputting more than 945mbps (because of the 1gbps ethernet NIC)

So you want Verizon to deploy hardware that doesn't yet exist, and you want him to spend $1000 to upgrade his internal network just to get another ~55mbps?

Get a "dumb" prepaid phone for like $20 and the prepaid plan for like 40 a month with unlimited talk with $1.99 usage fee and cheap txt (like 0.2 cents per) plus rollover. We got that damn 911 fee here but still even with that my monthly bill is like $35. All I need, just talk and occasional txting. Talk as long as I want for like $1.99. or send a txt for 0.2 cents. Which I don't do a lot of. Most people just send me a damn e-mail or I see them around.

It's basically a "because we can" fee.

After all, what is OP going to do, LEAVE VERIZON? Fuck no, he'll just bitch about it on Sup Forums with other Verizon users who won't leave.

you seem to be ignoring the part where several goyim pay the damn 25$ fee.

I have no idea what you're trying to imply

>That is such a bullshit response, I can't even come up with anything to say without sounding too mad.
Yea I know, I felt the same way when I was in the checkout page for the unlimited plan.

>Gee, that's convenient. Why doesn't T-Mobile do it, then?
probably because t-mobile is using verizons towers

Got some super cheap ones? I want to hook up an extra phone for testing but can't pay much as a student

usmobile.com/

ting.com/

I have T mobile and I don't have this problem.

Legit VZW corporate store employee here. Ask me anything.

>tfw pay 20€/m for home internet without limits
>tfw pay 10€/m for 8gb of cell data
only bad thing is that speeds are slow as fuck

Honestly, VZW is like drugs. You just wanna quit, but you can't get the high quite like VZW can give it to you.

In all seriousness, I don't have any problems with VZW because I'm not a poorfag and I like its service range. Keep up the good work, dude.

It's OP being a fucking retard.
Verizon's unlimited family plan has a base cost of $110 + $20 for each line. Since he's on his mommy's plan with 3 other people that's 4 lines for a total "line access fee" of $80.

Installation of petroleum related transmission lines

Lmao I pay $180 for 4 people in my family with 16GB, rollover, and unlimited voice/text/roaming.

What the fuck are you doing that you're paying more than me? Verizon is the best company for coverage, bar none. And that whole "hurr you're paying more for 1%" meme is shit. If it were to ever happen that you desperately needed to make a phone call (emergency, or w/e), do you really want to be cucked by no service so you saved the $10 a month or whatever the difference is?

*shrug*

What's it like being cucked by VZW and not being unionized?

t. Verizon landline/Bell Atlantic former employee that gets a 30% corporate discount at VZW :^)

I... don't see how that would affect him if his other is paying?

Either way, it's a bullshit fee. 25 to 40 dollars extra, on top of the plan cost and if he's making monthly payments on his phone, that's another 20 to 30. That shit adds up.

Why not just something like Cricket? Why do you guys get these massive corporations that cuck you then complain about it?

I pay $35 a month, 4gb data, unlimited talk+text. Why are you retards paying $100-$200 for this garbage? It's just a phone, why are you making car payments just to use it?

Unions are a joke these days in general, but we get great benefits and good hourly pay anyways. Don't need any unions trying to get piece of my income. I haven't even been with the company for a full year and our hourly was already raised to $14, and that's before all the commission dollars.

Thanks, bro. Retail, even high end retail like phone sales, can be fucking suffering.

>2G speeds

Lol fucking mobile dial-up

> paying anything for a sim card

*autistic screeching*

I work for t-mobile so I sound like a shill but here are some facts:

OP if you ditch Verizon, t-mobile has a literal promotion that if you port in your numbers to us we will pay off any amount you have left to pay on your devices and any early termination fee up to $650 for each line for up to like 12 lines.

If t-mobile is paying people thousands of dollars just to leave verizon you know how dogshit those people over there really are.

I work with in the promotions team ask me anything

this assumes you aren't a poorfag since you'll have to pay the termination fees yourself out of pocket, Tmobile simply reimburses you after you switch.

>14

I was getting 45/hr with benefits and I was eventually bought out. They overhired and essentially gave me 10 years of pay for leaving now, plus a pension and continued health benefits.

And I was a call rep.

VZW bro here, we do the same thing except requiring a trade-in of your current devices. And just like T-Mobile, you still have to pay off everything yourself, since the pre-paid Visa cards that cover everything don't arrive for another 4-8 weeks.

Jesus, how did it get that high? I've heard of reps switching in and out of different positions, and the company had to make some of their commission pay a part of their new hourly. One of our inventory people (before the company let all of them go) was making $24 an hour.

I've been retired for 8 years now. I was hired during the initial hiring craze when Ma Bell was broken up into Bell Atlantic back in the 80s. My pay continued to rise over the years as we changed from Bell Atlantic into Verizon when we acquired GTE.

I was promoted to position where I flew to Boston everyday while living in NYC. But 9/11 fucked that up and made it infeasible. So I settled back down to call rep, especially since I had a kid. Verizon agreed to whatever pay I stated. In hind sight, I should've said more than what I asked.

eBay
B
a
y

Shut the fuck up millennial

What were doing now is sending virtual cards where if you submit for the reimbursement when you switch over you can get the full early termination fee and device financing as a virtual card either the same day or 10-15 days later.

It sounds nice in theory but the store reps are can't do their job right and always tell people different information

I've never heard of it being done same day, but i guess miracles happen.

The quickest reimbursements I've seen are like 10 days.

A rep fucked up my termination fee and I bitched so hard to corporate they gave me 18 months of free service.

>call original store, mention i was underpaid for the termination fee and i'm short $75
>rep tells me there's nothing they can do
>ask to speak to manager
>tell them the situation
>manager says "we'll give you some free phone charges and cases if you want, but we can't reimburse you the difference"
>no, i want my money
>sorry sir can't do anything
>call corporate
>sorry sir can't do anything
>call corporate again
>sorry sir--can i speak to your manager
>dude, i just want my $75, that's all. i was told i was going to be paid for my termination fee, and i only got 1/2 of it. what fucking gives? literally no one in your company gives a fuck about what you advertise
>i'm really sorry sir, i'll have it all fixed
>get my $75, and ~$3000 account credit

It's all who you get. Don't like your results? Call again. And again. Until you get it, and more.

You're not wrong, if you have an actual grievance they aren't fixing, just keep bitching until you find someone who will fix it.

If you're making up shit to try and get free shit you'll likely be ignored forever however. You usually need a real situation that should require attention, like your $75 bullshit they should've just paid you immediately instead of telling you to piss off. It was obvious you were in the right, and so when you showed you wouldn't drop the issue they really had no choice but to pay up and try to sweeten the deal so you don't continue making a big deal out of it.

Fi is good, but you are limited to just a handful of phones, plus you get all of the "botnet" arguments from the weapons grade autists around here.

My wife and I are just going to buy out our contact and go prepaid if we can't find something worthwhile.

Is T-Mobile good??

dude, how did you not know verizon are cunts? i could have told you like 5 years ago never get them. same goes with comcast. dont get companies that purposely screw over their customers. verizon are cunts, do not use them. do not try to salvage this, fucking drop them, they are cunts

Man, USA is just sad
Definitely the shittiest country on Earth

>Sprint is not bad either.
DON'T. I have Sprint, and holy shit is their coverage atrocious. I can't make or receive a damn call anywhere outside city limits of most towns here in Texas, and Texas has tons of road that aren't reach a city for about 30+ miles at a time, so if my car seppukus on the road I'm fucked unless I can wave down a passerby.

Spoiler alert: it's happened to me before.

I also work in a company that's located right outside city limits, so imagine my joy when I have to drive for an hour with no city in sight and no signal, get to work and have no signal for 8 hours, then drive back home again with no signal. 10 hours EVERY DAY that I can't actually use my phone.

God bless grandfather plans and company phones. I would have dropped this horse shit provider by now if I didn't have both of these things. Oh but of course Sprint tries ways to fuck me over and other grandfather plan customers so every now and again when they have a promotion with a new plan going on they try to make me "upgrade" to a new plan; one time the stupid Indian who called me tried to pull a fast one on me and tried to get me off my plan despite telling them to fuck off. Didn't even notice until next day I get an email saying I got the new plan. Had to give them shit until they put me back on the old one.

TL;DR: Sprint's shit especially in Texas. They may be cheaper but their coverage reflects that.

I was planning on switching to Sprint or T-Mobile.

Does anybody else have any experience with these two companies?

Was thinking of switching to verizon. I have a $35/mo T-mobile plan with unlimited talk/text and a BLAZING 30MB (yes you read that right) of HIGH SPEED 3G data.

I want a more modern data plan for the same or a very slightly greater price.

This Verizon pay as you go plan looks really nice. I'd assume there's no $20 line access fee since it's prepaid. I do have to buy some sim card for it but it's a one time fee. I think unused data rolls over for a month or two and then expires. It almost looks too good to be true. What's the catch?

And in case you didn't believe me about the data...

i have t mobile and love them. coverage is meh where i live now, but in more populated areas its great coverage.

T-Mobile hasn't fucked me over in the eight years I've been on them. They were cool about me bringing my own device. They don't play games with plans. They haven't

>I want a more modern data plan for the same or a very slightly greater price.
Why don't you talk to T-Mobile about possibly upgrading your plan? They'd probably rather cut you a deal than lose you, and VZW exists for the glory and benefit of their shareholders, not you.

i have a $70 t mobile plan and use over 100GB a month

are you not reading this thread? verizon is garbage.

T-Mobile does not use the same equipment as Verizon. Verizon is CDMA. TMobile is GSM.

Why won't you read what you've been signing for, fucking retard

I'd just figured all Telcomms were shit and it really didn't matter. Kinda like cable companies, they're all interested milking as much money out of you and providing as little as they can legally get away with in return.

I went to T-mobile a year or two ago and asked them about upgrading my plan and they pretty much told me there was no way I was going to get the data I wanted on a no contract plan for under $60/mo plus fees. Maybe that has changed now but at the time they were giving me nothing. My other issue with T-mobile is the shitty coverage. In most areas of CT it's fine but occasionally I go up North and as soon as I hit Litchfield county no service. I won't get service again until I hit Pittsfield or Albany and after that it's basically nothing to the Canadian border outside of maybe one or two random towns. Absolutely useless. At least Verizon actually has better coverage and covers most of that area.

I'll check out T-mobile again before I decide. I trust I won't be forced to buy a phone from whatever carrier I choose and will be able to use my Moto G5+?

go with MintSim