Linux and windowsfags will never experience the joy of automator

>linux and windowsfags will never experience the joy of automator

What am I looking at? Mac OS that needs a third party software to display thumbnails?

You can very easily do that on Linux

>Mac OS needs an app to make image thumbnails display
The obviously modern OS

It's nice to have but you could do a fair bit of that from the terminal.

No. You can resize a bunch of images in a couple of clicks

Retard: the post

It's not 1970 year, grandpa

>needing a software to resize multiple images
pff, what a brainlet. He doesn't write his own scripts.

Nope, that works by default in both the file picker and the file explorer.
He's mass-scaling some images using automator.
Automator can also be used to accomplish complex tasks as well.

>implying that automator is either faster, more efficient or more flexible than any bash script
it's an unneccesary level of abstraction made for children.

so like irfanview's "batch conversion"?
>Automator can also be used to accomplish complex tasks as well.
care to elaborate?

/Thread

>I need a gui for something easily typed
Well, aren't you a big boy?

Honestly they should ban macfags from this board, the level of retardation is too damn high.

Why do all mac oses always look like they were made by the open source community?

>fully fledged task automation utility with a GUI is somehow not better than a simple shell
if you want to use a GUI for no other reason than feeling "superior" than just use bash or zsh (both come with macOS and you even have some other alternative shells as well.
You can do a lot of stuff that shell scripts do but with the ease of use of a GUI, not to mention you can also "teach" it how to do a certain task step by step so it can automate said task.

lol?

i dont know what you mean but it looks better than windows yes

>with the ease of use of a GUI

except it does that by default

>Shit for tech-illiterates with fucking guis
>Being faster than being competent in bash or batch

Cuck OS desu

I use OS X. Why should I use it or care about it at all?

This. 100% this. I use a Mac and I don't even use Automator. It just sits at the back of my utilities folder and I can't remember the last time I used it.

convert -resize 50% ~/Desktop/*.jpg

fucking retarded macfags, i swear to god...

TIL that shit has a purpose

imagemagick can do this

>third party program
nice argument

>having a homosexual OS installed
nice argument

Are you buttblasted because it's better than automator?

>not a single clue of the 70's logo on any of it's products nowadays
>insecure "males" still complain
kek

it's not because of the logo, you fucking faggot

>it's

why would I if I can install that same program on macOS if I wanted to?
oh yeah right, it's because you're autistic isn't it?

you can't talk your way out of it, faggot, it's a gay OS

Automator is not simply for resizing images, it's a centralized application with an API for literally any macOS app to access for any task possible.

so like a bash script, but super bloated?

How the heck can an operating system have a sexual orientation?

Why do you seem awfully obsessed about homosexuality, mentally applying such qualities to non-living things which have no sexual needs whatsoever?

>he's so insecure that he cares about a fraction of the users of a product rather than the product itself
his father probably abused him

>operating systems can't have a sexual orientation

This isn't 1970 grandpa.

>ITT: people who think that wasting time in writing scripts or learning obscure commands is somehow better than downloading a program that just works and click a button.

I mean, I know your time isn't worth shit, but you have to understand that most macOS users are functional members of this society and we would like to spend our time doing something else, like being productive or socializing.

Irfanview rocks

why are you so obsesed with other people's sexual orientation?

>wasting time in writing scripts
>needing more than 120 seconds to write a script

I'm not. I don't label operating systems "straight" or "gay". I see no reason to do such a thing. People are straight and gay, not computers.

>not counting the time needed to learn how to make scripts and gain enough experience to write it in 120 seconds.

see

So less than an hour? fine, I'll be generous and give you the whole hour. Divide that over how many scripts a man would write in his lifespan and add it to those 120 seconds.

lol

what a mess

Fraction? Nigger, Tim Cock himself is a gay faggot.

Task Scheduler makes OP's shit quite laughable, indeed.

>if I repeat faggot and nigger enough I will fit in
so what if he's a faggot? why do you care so much? do you want to suck his dick?
As if... enjoy your telemetry tasks

Windows 10, and the whole metro ui thing is horrible, but it looks better than mac imo. Mac DEs always look like they are what I would find on linux, or bsd, but with a little polish to them.
Not to say that linux, and bsd des look awful, but just mac looks kind of something generic with a coat of paint added. why is this?

What is that? Shell scripting for people with down syndrome?

>so what if he's a faggot?
All apple tech and software is infected by his gay genes, so that means you're gay if you use any of applel shit. I wouldn't be surprised if Tim Cock smears his cock over all macbooks and iphones that go through the assembly line.

>Third party
No. It's preinstalled and made by Apple.

Where do technology illiterate mactoddler morons get the false impression that they or their fruity toddler toys are welcome much less belong on a technology board?

macos is botnet. Windows 7 isn't.

Automator is just a GUI around AppleScript. Apple's idea of having third party developers expose an AppleScript API in their applications (sort of like an OS-wide VBA, or a scripting-friendly COM, or a less sysadmin-oriented PowerShell) was undeniably cool back in the '90s, but it has been neglected. AppleScript is a lousy scripting language and could use a redo. I don't think Apple cares about power users any more, so it ain't happening.

cp ~/files/*.png /somewherelese

And why do i need a GUI for this simple command?

but user, typing keys is a very hard work, you don't want to hurt your fingers, do you?

>cp ~/files/*.png /somewherelese
Apparently you can't even figure out what goes on in a GUI.

So the same as phatch?

Not that user, BUT: lazy millennial

You're a millennial if you were born after 1984

>windows 7 isn't
So delusional...
even on a fresh install of windows 7 it stills phones home, just run netstat and you'll notice a bunch of microsoft IPs even if you don't have updates/onedrive active.

>linux and windowsfags will never experience the joy of being cummed inside

DELET THIS