Is there a reason to read this in 2017?

is there a reason to read this in 2017?

Other urls found in this thread:

mitpress.mit.edu/sicp/front/node1.html
cs.princeton.edu/courses/archive/spr08/cos217/reading/ProgrammingGroundUp-1-0-lettersize.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concepts,_Techniques,_and_Models_of_Computer_Programming
people.eecs.berkeley.edu/~bh/sicp.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Totally man, but if you want to be spoonfed the foreword then here:
mitpress.mit.edu/sicp/front/node1.html

>Node

yes

Y-you j-just rustled my jimmies Dx

I'm going to read this as my first programming book. Am I doing it right? I just graduated high school and am mediocre at math. Plz respond

It's kind of like the Atlas Shrugged of CS, so if you want to reject altruistic ideologies and selfishly enjoy programming because you are worthy of it then go for it.

What the fuck is up with this analogy

Elaborate?
I think you are saying that it's worth reading for enjoying programming. My concern is, that I want to use my time in the most efficient way possible. Are there some other books that would beat SICP for building a strong foundation in programming, then?

Programming for dummies, unironically.

Thanx

>asking the same question 10 times a day
You're fucking a meme user.

10 times a day for years and still no answer kek

No. It's a joke, unless you already know a shit load of math.

If you want to get anywhere with programming, don't ask Sup Forums for advice, becuase most of the Sup Forums can't program at all

No. It's poorly organized and most of it's prestige comes from the fact that it was used by MIT for years.

You're better off learning the basics of a language first, then moving onto assembly, then algorithms.

"Programming from the ground up" is a better starting point.

cs.princeton.edu/courses/archive/spr08/cos217/reading/ProgrammingGroundUp-1-0-lettersize.pdf

I'd also add CTM to mix as a good second book to read.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concepts,_Techniques,_and_Models_of_Computer_Programming

Sup Forums never stops...

Not OP but I'm on chapter 3. It's just presenting concepts I'd see elsewhere. I have seen nothing profound yet. The next section is just circuits and then streams.

What happens in chapters 4 and 5? Do they justify the hype?

I went through most of MIT's EdX intro to CS and programming course a few years ago and was very impressed. It was a simple and concise intro that is useful to everyone.

people.eecs.berkeley.edu/~bh/sicp.html

>mitpress.mit.edu/sicp/front/node1.html
The Metacircular Evaluater is pretty nice.