/mkg/ - nothing to shitpost about edition

>Buyer's template:
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

mykeyboard.eu/catalogue/pok3r-iso-pbt-italian-keycaps_98/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

in

but seriously using the GENERIC ALPS KEYBOARD instead of the wintoddler keyboard, the wintoddler hurts my brain to type on, the keys are all in the wrong places

i would hope so

Is there any reason Topre seem to love 6u spacebars and use them exclusively over the standard 6.25?

>Is there any reason
probably not

Posted in last bread but it was mostly dead. I decided to do a "master chief themed" Halo build
>GH60 Satan PCB w/ breathing LED support $30
>Tai-Hao Green ABS doubleshot set $35
>Orange anodized aluminum plate with stabilizers $23
>Black machined aluminum case $55
>bag of 3mm diffused Amber LEDs $6
>Gateron browns $30
>Orange curly USB cable $10
$183 total this will be my first actual build, since my ultrameme planck is taking literally 5 months to get here from assdrop. Feedback?

Sounds, and will probably look gay

sounds disgusting

do you have that sexy dust cover for the fk2001?

Perfect exactly what I was going for.

i have a 1984 Model F/AT for my older computers and a Steelseries G6v2 for my modern Ryzen Maschine
love the F/AT but the missing keys are confusing at times haha

Did you ever try cleaning and lubing those up? I remember a while ago you weren't too impressed with them.

Kek, that made me laugh.
But no, I don't think it will look that terrible. But I guess we'll see.

sadly no, but I am purchasing some large reinforced plastic bags so I can keep the keyboard in good condition
the left keyboard stabilizer is also missing but it's not too bad, still a fine board and was pretty cheap

i still think they're overrated

You try making them clicky?

White alps I'm assuming?

do you know how much work that is

yes, as most fk2001s are

Yeah, I did it to my aek.
Feels good.

A E S T H E T I C

Are there any 60% keyboards with cherry blues avaible in UE and in stock? I'm looking for them for almost week and I start to consider doing a hero

Yes there are

What's with all the open, wasted space at the top and bottom of your desk surface?

But it's not a hhkb???

that would be epic for the win

Oh shit! What could it be?

>Budget
$150
>Location (continent at least)
USA
>Preferred switch type
Blue or anything clicky
>Layout
Qwerty
>Form factor
100%
>Backlight
Yes, only white though

Where do you live? I have a white poker 2 to sell with cherry blue

Italian guy here.

I'm pretty much sold on this keyboard, the only issue is that I'll have to change a bunch of keycaps to have it in italian: I learn these keycaps are pad printed PBT, and I was wondering if I'll be able to find the keycaps I need (or even full sets) of comparable quality for reasonable prices.

>ASSDROP
must be an xtra large dildo for your prolapsed asshole

Close, would def be more fun

Forgot picture.

>pink
wasn't that far off.

Will be going on a white poker with blues when it finally gets here

hmm. you might be able to. But you will have to find a full set or else its going to look fucking retarded with mismatched fonts.
Ill do some digging and see what I can find

Where did you buy this? How much? And where can I buy something like this?

In the meantime they're gonna go on this black wasd tkl with clears.

>But you will have to find a full set
I guess it's fine as long as it's PBT and doesn't cost me an eye.
>Ill do some digging and see what I can find
Thank you a lot user.

So far all im finding is a Vortex POK3R ISO set in italian. Problem is that's a 60%.
mykeyboard.eu/catalogue/pok3r-iso-pbt-italian-keycaps_98/

fake industrial?

*also the bottom row is a different size and wont work with the board you are looking at.

Does anyone tried to install a solenoid in a 60% keyboard?
I want to create the loudest keyboard ever.

which one?
both I got off ebay

DUDE YOU SEE THIS FUCKING GAMER

Why do you need the Italian layout? ANSI is better for È and using the right stress

I got a chuckle from that also.

Thanks for the help, but that doesn't seem to fit. I know Filco makes a 100% keyboard in italian layout, maybe they sell only the keycaps.

Because àèéìòù and because muscular memory.

GMK Carbon when?

I have no intention to ever buy an HHKB, but god do I really, really love the blue shade of its modifier keys. Is there any keycap set that copies or at least is similar to the HHKB's?

You can get a generic PBT ISO set, then use muscle memory for the miss matched legends, or you can spend $100+ on custom PBT keycaps

>assdrop

yes, perfect.

Granite, EnjoyPBT sets, most vintage keycap sets

They don't look blue in person, they are light grey

Try ansi and you'll see how comfy it is

(wake me up inside)
Blacks
Clears
Greens

the top one is an ugly duckling

it gray in person, like 90s PC case gray.
t. HHKB JP owner.

That's the tame one, the normal version is even uglier

hmm yeah
i think i spent less than $100

I want a new keyboard even though there is nothing wrong with both of the ones I have.
Any new hotshit out I can throw money at

topre rgb?

New production Model F

model f

>Is there any keycap set that copies or at least is similar to the HHKB's?
No! Buy the real thing and be happy. It's one of the very few endgame boards.

Wow I don't think I've wanted a board so bad before but yeah I don't have that kind of money.
Any of you who do should get this thing it's insane.
I was looking at the plum boards because I'm a noppoo fan but I already have a choc mini(with HORRIBLE keychatter) that looks identical.

Think I might get the kbd75 kit

Already have an ultra compact f77 on order. I'm so fucking ready for it.

Which style is better?

The wire style. Always.

desu sounds pretty good
post pics when done

Damn I actually prefer that exact blue.

I'm that guy who kept posting in previosu threads about remapping the Capslock key into a 4th modifier key. I'm enjoying this workflow too much to switch to another layout.

Thats not a Falco keyboard

Your whole setup just screams GERMANY, and then you just had to throw in the damn bunny ears.
Well-played.

>wire
>delicatly pluck caps from the bottom up
>ring
>cheap
>damages other caps while trying to fit under the desired keycap
>cant fit knuckle in ring to pull cap out

why is ring so shit?
thats the question

>cant fit knuckle in ring to pull cap out
Be less fat.

it reminded me of how the other day while browsing ebay for older keyboards I found one that had all caps GAMER at the end of the ad title
lost my sides

manlet detected

heh, Germany is pretty close, but I'm a bit more to the south.

Be less fat buddy. You being fat and overweight doesn't make me a manlet.

>I'm enjoying this workflow too much to switch to another layout.
you get used to HHKB very quickly and then every other kbd seems pointless and waste of space.

are WASD, and more specifically CODE keyboards any good? I wanted to replace my blackwidow 2015 with something that would be a good starter or intro keyboard but I'm not really sure on what I should be aiming for? I was looking to spend around $150 CAD and was going to try and get a 10 keyless one. Any other brands I should look at?

Thomas?

No that's my boyfriend.

Why chinks haven't copied and start to selling buckling springs?
When will Unicomp be sacrified to the Gateron God?

when matias/ALPS is, and the gateron gods will be good, giving us modernized blue alps, just as they have mad cherry blacks and reds as smooth as they used to be

But they have

Sup with the Clearjerk? I have browns and clears and they feel identical.

>using tactile cherry switches

I emailed Matias a while back about making some blue clones in their original design.
This was the reply.

Unlike those lazy Unicomp fuckers, Matias is actually improving their products. About a year ago they updated their tooling to double the life cycle of their switches recently they made some improvements fixing the horrendous key chatter problems, they also have plans to upgrade their keyboards with PBT keycaps so you no longer have to scavenge for old dell and apple keyboards (production starts in a couple months), not to mention the new keyboard designs they are coming up with are ditching that terrible glossy plastic case. Meanwhile Unicomp has made their keyboards worse, then proceeded to do jack shit and just cruise on the almost 40 year legacy of buckling springs. Matias still has some problems like a lack of switch variety, as well as build quality and QC that still isn't on par with gateron or cherry, but they are making improvements. They just take some time.

Now KBP just needs to get on the fucking ball with their QC.

So spam matias with blue skcm requests?
Got it.

Don't worry there is a fix. Go onto their facebook page then download the latest firmware for the matias V60 keyboard. Don't worry if you have a V80 it still works. One of the advantages of ALPS switches is that they can be opened up without desoldering, so open the switch and clean the lube, then re lube them. Normal matias switches don't actually come with lube, but KBP decided it was a good idea anyway. While you're at replace the top housings with the newer designs from matias if your keyboard has the old ones (chances are it does)

I don't want a overbuilt clone of a keyboard of bank equipment. I just want the tech of the buckling spring massified into quality chink keyboards.