Should I get a wrt router?

Should I get a wrt router?

Other urls found in this thread:

ubnt.com/products/#unifi
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>2017
>using a router

I AM FAT FUCK

what a silly reply is this? why would you not use a router?

>found the faggot nigger monkey
why would you?

Build a pf-sense router and get a wireless AP

To get on the interwebz?

Your phone

Don't get those old meme ones. Too outdated, low speed ethernet ports. Great support but not worth it. TP-link makes decent cheap routers with good open wrt support. Most of the time really no reason to get anything else

another silly reply. do you have anything substantial to say?

Yes

because you're using a custom built PFsense rig to handle routing, switching, and act as a NAS.

So far, you have proven nothing.

Just read something that they won't allow third party firmware flashes. is this true?

i was just trolling lol

It's true.
The new TP-link routers DO NOT support third party CFW(open wrt/ddwrt/etc).

I had an Archer C5400 and did not feel like waiting years for someone to find a work around, so I just bought another router instead.

>2017
>owning a phone

thats still a router

what do you use your router for?

>tp-link
Pic highly related.
I understand that many wifi interfaces can work in soft AP mode under the Linux 802.11 driver framework. Why waste the time on some shitty little mips box.

>pic related
>no pic
>totally related

Just the usual Sup Forums

what do you use your router for?

To route IPv6 traffic from wifi to uplink and to do the same with additional NAT for IPv4… what did you think?

No, buy awesome meme products ubnt.com/products/#unifi

>phone poster
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

If you want to share your internet connection with more than one device you need a router.

(hint: a modem with build in WiFi router is also a router, just a very shitty one)

>If you want to share your internet connection with more than one device you need a router.
how do you figure?

YOU again?
Stop shitting up these threads

Idiot, get out

how do you use your router?

>The new TP-link routers DO NOT support third party CFW(open wrt/ddwrt/etc).

running openwrt on an archer c7 as we speak, you just have to pick your model based on support and not the other way around given that only a handful of new routers even received an openwrt port - the project is basically dead and receives next to no development
not that you'll get anything out of running openwrt on a newer router that is, none of the free drivers for the wrieless chipsets do super high bandwidth so anything past maybe 600mbps-ish on wireless is a bit of a waste

Anime

R7000 or AC68U.

Everything else is either overpriced or garbage.

WTF are you smoking, of course not every router will be supported but AC routers like the C5/C7/C8/C9 are all supported.

I just got a Ubiquiti edgerouter x. using my old router currently in bridged mode as a wap.

get the netgear nighthawk 1900 instead, much better router tbqh

Just use a raspberry pi

I've had my WRT1900ACS for just over a year now, I'd say stay away just because of the trash support for CFW. You've got OpenWRT and DD-WRT, but DD-WRT is unstable as fuck if you decide to torrent shit. Had to reflash stock a couple weeks ago after I got fed up with deluge instantly killing my router after launching. That said, performance is great.

I'm using an older Linksys WRT160N as a router with tomato on it, and then use a $20 ASUS RT-N10P as an access point with dhcp forwarding to the linksys (using ddwrt). Linksys works amazing as router, and the cheap ASUS works great for wireless AP at 5dBM.

I did that because the linksys is terrible for wireless (only 1.5dBM) and the ASUS is terrible for routing (couldn't handle when download bandwidth is saturated), this this was a fitting solution.

Disagree. He could just buy a separate gigabit switch for $20 and put his lan computers that need the higher transfer speeds on that. And I doubt his internet connection is more than 50Mb/s.

Get a LibreCMC one