Best browser

Chrome and its derivatives are botnets. Firefox is controlled opposition by (((them))). Is lynx really the only alternative?
Good browser features:
>secure
>respects privacy
>open source
>customizable
>preferably GUI

What happens when you actually do that? Does the USB Fry?

Firefox is probably going to get forked at some point. Given how people already use derivative projects simply to use the same software compiled differently, it should work out fine.

Nothing. All USB chargers start with the lowest current and then do a handshake to go up to 2A, but since USBs don't support high current so the charger just uses the lowest current.

I did this with a $5 RGB mouse once as a makeshift light source. Thing still worked for ~4 years afterwards.

But until that happens is there any existing browser that actually respects privacy without significant modding?

Netrunner obviously :^)

Is there any fucking modern browser that doesn't go mad with your RAM sooner or later?

Pale Moon bloats up to almost 3GB eventually and starts flashing black, then crashes.
Firefox bloats up to almost 3GB eventually and starts flashing black, then crashes.
Waterfox bloats up to almost 3GB eventually and starts flashing black, then crashes.
Seamonkey bloats up to almost 3GB eventually and starts flashing black, then crashes.
Chrome eats unreasonable amounts of RAM per tab, leaks along the way and eventually runs out.
Vivaldi eats unreasonable amounts of RAM per tab, leaks along the way and eventually runs out.
Opera eats unreasonable amounts of RAM per tab, leaks along the way and eventually runs out.

What's left?

Not only that, but even if you supplied it with 2A, the USB stick wouldn't use the 2A.

Can any EE Sup Forumsents explain, is that flash stick in an active state?

Brave is literally the best current browser, created by the original Firefox guys and respects your privacy whilst providing a secure browsing experience.

Different browsers have different use cases however, but for day to day browsing Brave stands superior over Firefox/Chrome/Opera/Vivaldi etc

Lynx?

Well damn, I didn't even read the thread.

I use Brave on everything now
Rip firefox

sounds good, downloaded

How's the memory management?

I've had very similar results to chromium

>mildori

Is there an equivalent to NoScript, HTTPS, PrivacyBadger, etc, or are they integrated in the browser itself?

>brave
>developed by brendan eich

>Some employees of Mozilla tweeted calls for his resignation, with reference to his donation of $1,000 to California Proposition 8, which banned same-sex marriage in California before being struck down in 2013. Eich stood by his decision to fund the campaign, but wrote on his blog that he was sorry for “causing pain” and pledged to promote equality at Mozilla. Some of the activists created an online shaming campaign against Eich, with online dating site OkCupid automatically displaying a message to Firefox users with information about Eich's donation, and suggesting that users switch to a different browser (though giving them a link to continue with Firefox). Others at the Mozilla Corporation spoke out on their blogs in his favor. Board members wanted him to stay in the company in a different role.

>On April 3, 2014, Eich stepped down as CEO and resigned from working at Mozilla; in his personal blog, Eich posted that "under the present circumstances, I cannot be an effective leader." Andrew Sullivan said of Eich's departure that "there is not a scintilla of evidence that he has ever discriminated against a single gay person at Mozilla" and the episode "should disgust anyone interested in a tolerant and diverse society." Conor Friedersdorf argued in The Atlantic that "the general practice of punishing people in business for bygone political donations is most likely to entrench powerful interests and weaken the ability of the powerless to challenge the status quo". In an article for The Huffington Post, Michelangelo Signorile objected to those arguments and stated that "like Donald Sterling, [Eich] believed one group of people to be inferior to others, and he made it known to the public, since political contributions are now considered speech in addition to being actions. And, as the face of the company, he stood by that speech when asked to clarify it."

you forgot about the god browser ie

>implying theres anything wrong with having a personal opinion

He has personal political views, who would have guessed?

He was the core of Firefox's development and it's gone to shambles without him.

That's why it's called Brave.

just downloaded, this browser is pretty fucking awesome, and Brendan Eich is the man. Firefox sucks major ass these days, and I have made a coordinated effort to use it. For some reason, on my macbook, the javscript run speed is SO much slower than chrome that it becomes unbearable once I have several javascript-intensive sites open at once that are all constantly looking for content updates (outlook online, jenkins, github, etc)

This niggas

Say what you want to say, and let the words fall out.

sea-monkey is actually really cool!

>Downloading AC/DC's music.jpg

When you've lost Andrew Sullivan, you done fucked up.

>Seems legit

thanks to this post I just downloaded and installed.

yooooo my nigga finna download d entire crib lmaooo

>Brave
>orange and panels everywhere
okay, but can I just import my firefox addons?

No, not this.

anyone knows if waterfox needs pulseaudio?

qutebrowser

there is literally nothing wrong with Brandon Eichmann

>3GB of RAM usage is a problem

Brave is a nice idea and all, but at the end of the day it's a chromium fork with a lot of javascript bloat.
It's not going to be a sustainable codebase.

Ideally, the Servo engine will be crazy fast and mature and a privacy respecting browser like Brave will fork it.