WannaCry killer arrested in US

theregister.co.uk/2017/08/03/wannacrykiller_cuffed_over_kronos_banking_trojan/

Seems like he's innocent. The "land of the free" is a fucking joke.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/MalwareTechBlog/status/488373794168254464
paste2.org/1LhPa7a3
theregister.co.uk/2017/07/20/alphabay_hotmail_fbi/
medium.com/@userbased/the-marcus-hutchins-i-knew-882176493fdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Here we fucking go again lads.

>that hairline

>grey hats
Cowards who are afraid to take a position in the grand scheme of things

fucking kek

>Implying they're not radical centrists

>Seems like he's innocent
Source: your ass

We need to start going saudi arabia on fucking malware authors. It's simple, you get caught you lose your fucking hands.

Source: twitter.com/MalwareTechBlog/status/488373794168254464

Might be a dumb question, but why would the guy who killed off WannaCry make his own malware?

The FBI believe he updated and sold the Kronos malware. This isn't true - he's a security researcher. This was before WannaCry. Now he's attended DefCon in the U.S. and was stopped from leaving.

>This isn't true
[citation needed]
Are you saying you know more than the FBI?

All that aside, I still have no idea why someone under investigation would willingly go to FedCon.

No. But you're assuming the FBI have the best of intents. The information is all there, and it seems like the FBI are manipulating it for their own intents.

So
>This isn't true
Is a flat out lie correct?

No good deed goes unpunished.
This is why anybody who is good is on team blackhat

Skiddies deserve the worst, I hope he rots in solitary.

>Source: your ass
He doesn't need a source for an opinion, you moron.

I love deeply ironic IRC logs

paste2.org/1LhPa7a3

>it seems like the FBI are manipulating it for their own intents.
>HURR DURR CONSPIRACY!!!1
Remove yourself.

I think what he is trying to say is that the fbi is fucking unreliable and probably framed a few people in its lifetime

>SLURP SLURP SLURP
how does that boot polish taste, useful idiot?

>every officer is corrupt
Oh man, it must suck where you live, no prospect for life or anything.
Consider removing yourself, might help you!

>SLUUUURRRP SLURP SLURP SLURP
oh man, it must suck to be so reliant on Mommy Government that you're willing to trust unconditionally like a baby getting a fucking diaper change

He was posting pictures of the lamborghini he hired on twitter earlier.

Well, that's why "innocent until proven guilty" and a fair trial is a part of our law: innocent people are sometimes arrested for things they didn't do. Hope he gets out free though.

You can trust your average police officer as long as you aren't in Chicago or Baltimore, but trusting intelligence agencies is like trusting the Stasi, Gestapo and the KGB: You don't trust agencies that need to spy on you when they don't have a warrant to look at your information

>being this buttblasted about the truth
I can understand, you can't even trust your corrupted government agencies so you have to act like a tinfoil hat faggot on the internet.

A shame though...
Luckily Death cares none for this, consider suicide.

You have nothing to fear if you did not committed any crime, specially federal crimes.

A shame you guys have to live in fear from your own government, almost pathetic...

An ideology so memeful and stupid it makes free-market communism seem logical.

Shit I just noticed that dank Reddit spacing bro.

>A shame you guys have to live in fear from your own government, almost pathetic...
Well, yeah so did the Founding Fathers. There's nothing wrong about being distrustful of gov;t officials, especially when they work in secrecy and have a habit of breaking the Constitution on a regular basis (e.g. the NSA's spying on the entire American populace without a warrant in the majority of those cases). It's the only way you can remain free. Just because gov't is necessary doesn't mean it's necessarily good and it does/mean well for the people, especially when there are careers in gov't and the fact that the gov't is more interested in looking out for itself than it's constituents..

Oh no, you got me!

What are you gonna do? Craft another tinfoil hat?
:^)

>Seems like he's innocent
What's your basis for saying that?

if what they are accusing him of is legit, hes fucked.

and don't give me that fucking tweet as your evidence, it doesn't mean shit, criminals use diversionary tactics all the time

Why are ameritards govt officials so fucking stupid? How do they manage to not run their country into the ground and set it on fire?
Burgerland is truly blessed, there's no way a country run by tools can survive this long without imploding.

Far as I know, it totally doesn't fit. He's whitehat, and I heard the blackhats he pissed off (including the co-defendant) have been trying to frame him, Krebs-style. If that is indeed the case, and the FBI have fallen for it, and arrested and charged a whitehat they should've given a fucking medal to on the way back from DefCon, that's another solid nail in the coffin of holding security conventions in the US. I know I won't attend them. Not since what they did to Dmitry Skylarov, and especially not in the current sociopolitical and immigration situation. It's an unpleasant, hostile place. Why would we go there when we could go to Berlin, drink Club-Mate and eat currywurst?

Whether he is guilty or not, as grugq has pointed out, this will - has already, actually - seriously detrimentally affect the cooperation of the infosec community with US law enforcement. Which, ironically, there was actually a talk at DefCon about, and the giver of that talk is pretty much tearing up their slides in frustration now.

It's also demonstrated - as seen in this thread - the incredible ability of the infosec community to turn on each other and tear each other apart. Ugh.

>You have nothing to fear if you did not committed any crime
You poor sweet summer child. Go talk to a lawyer before spouting a conditional like that, you'll get laughed at. Did you miss the shit going down about the CFAA and Aaron Swartz?

This may be an obvious point to make, but, uh, the FBI aren't always in the habit of telling you if you're under investigation? Especially if they want to gather more evidence or pull a Cardinal Richelieu on you?

My lawyer opined the charges seem like a bit of a stretch, but we'll see how things turn out as of course we don't have their evidence.

something always is off when the media sharks someone
i'd say the guy is begin set up

Yeah, a pretty good proportion of the infosec community thinks this at least smells funny. The detainment without access to a lawyer is particularly suspicious (and legally problematic), and looked at against the whole picture - the Sun doxing him so aggressively, for example - and people who know him personally it really does look like a frame-up, and I don't say that easily.

And if that were the case, then it would have a serious bearing on the WannaCry attribution, with profound political implications - what if WannaCry was the US?

>clueless amerilard
>calling other people child
In any sane country, a government agency is the most truthful organization you can count on.

I really feel sorry for you, I really do.
Death can free you friend, you can do it.

People who write effective viruses should be given medals and awards since they make our systems stronger.

Implying he knew he was under investigation.

That said, if he did do what the FBI claims, he should've had enough brains to lay low just in case instead of going to the US. Trusting no one found out about what shady stuff you did a couple of years ago is not smart.

It'll be interesting to see how this case develops.

>You have nothing to fear if you did not committed any crime, specially federal crimes.
You're an idiot if you think this is how reality works.

It is in any sane developed country.

What? It's not your country's case?
What a shame... :^)

theregister.co.uk/2017/07/20/alphabay_hotmail_fbi/

HAHAHAHAHA HOLY SHIT

You're late

Some facts about his online history: medium.com/@userbased/the-marcus-hutchins-i-knew-882176493fdf

>be amerimutt
>get jailed for absolutely no reason
Land of the (((free)))

>In any sane country, a government agency is the most truthful organization you can count on.
>being this much of a cuck

>facts
hmmm

>You have nothing to fear if you did not committed any crime
sure that goes until what was yesterday not a crime is suddenly a crime
people like you are disgustingly shortsighted

>In any sane country
yes absolutely.
the usa doesn´t fall under the sane category

Cops are kinda dumb and really gung ho when their gut tells them they're right.

why this hate against centrists?
it´s not like you can´t agree with all four sides on different issues

what level of education is required to become a cop in your country?
in mine you require a reasonably high level of education

Fbi can sneak and peak thanks to the Patriot act.

Your cops have graduate degrees?

if i am not mistranslating the degree then
it´s one of the required qualifications alternatively you can get in if you are a master craftsman (bear with me with this probably bad translation)

looks jewish

I've always though that going to these hacker conferences is a bit risky. Hacking, even white hat is often legal grey area.

>being this much of a paranoid cuck

You guys are funny.
Pathetic, but funny.
Remember to remove yourselves and don't forget to stream it! :^)

The real criminal here is whichever one of his parents fucked a monkey to spawn him

Lock them up

>Seems like he's innocent.
Based on what has been revealed, you are not qualified to make this statement. The fact of the matter is, the Feds apparently have the testimony of a co-conspirator. All we really know is that this person supports the claims against him. You only hurt yourself and your cause when you make uninformed claims like this.

Weev is a grey hat

> I wanna give my cryptocurrencies to government.
I don't

Say it with me DEEP STATE

DEEP STATE IS YOUR FRIEND

That's the worlds shittiest proof of innocence.

>hurr they called 911, that person COULDNT have murdered them!!

This. How the fuck can anyone here claim there's no evidence, or it's a set up, when we all know how easily the Feds can obtain anything they need? We're at a point with this shit, where the real travesty is the seemingly retarded bias used in choosing which crimes to focus on. Think about it, I'm quite sure the FBI has much bigger fish to fry than this attention whoring skid.

>I watch cnn, is that ok?
it means you're a complacent jellyfish

STAY WOKE

#s t a y w o k e

They probably took him somewhere, said, "we have this problem, fix it and we will drop the charges."
Don't work with us and you get to stick around for the next 10 years free of charge.

>Not since what they did to Dmitry Skylarov

This seems to be more about copyright fuckery then anything else

i don´t watch cnn though

>complacent
Centrists, by their own definition, are surrounded by extremists. How the fuck is this in any way, complacency?

Centrists are not surrounded by extremists by definition, just by people who have a [consistent] point of view.

>their own definition

What country you live in? Innocent until proven guilty.

e-crime is not real

Usual side-hustle. Nothing wrong with that.