QA

Anybody do QA here?

no one on Sup Forums has a job

they just sit in their bedrooms and complain about people with jobs using macbooks

I wish I got paid to break shit on purpose.

'Sup user

Sometimes, it's not my main job activity

i stock shelves

2 questions:
- Do you guys do fancy reports for stakeholders?
- What language do you use the most?

I do not, we have a main QA guy but I don't think he does fancy reports either. He's actually quite mediocre at his job.
Anyways, we primarily develop in c#/asp.net

Sorry meant (You)

Interesting, I never talk shop like this. Does the fulltime guy have a test harness in place? Are you guys using .NET Core at all?

He's working on getting testing automation software up called ranorex, and we're using normal .net with gizmox for the UI.

- Nope, but we have plans to

- java + groovy

I'm a network security analyst

Damn user, that's confirmed Pajeet tier. You pay for that to automate desktop software.

I want to start porting over to core and meme a job with it, but I don't know if this is wishful thinking.

Selenium I mean.

Yeah, he got a license for it and everything. He should have retired back in March but they're still keeping him around. He actively refuses to look at code or handle any of our reports or anything beyond testing what the users see, and just generally makes life difficult for the other developer and i

Damn man, a true dinosaur. That's almost awesome but not.

Yeah. He used to work on fortran for banking software. Now he just sends me emails telling me to stop messing up QA environment for him. What projects do you have planned?

OP, GO FUCK YOURSELF

Lol, the neurotic can't-remember-wait-its-dev type.

I have stuff for .net and mono that I'm switching onto core, for reporting and code analysis.

I do a few QA operations, but I'm in aerospace
Not tech related

Your reporting needs documents I'm assuming? Look into itext sharp. It's a code based PDF creation library. We're using it for our customer documents, I find it's far easier to maintain and update than the garbage Crystal reports is