Why

Why

>gaymer mobos for 12 and 16 core cpus
why

>Motherboards for workstation-class CPUs are expensive
What a surprise.

'Professional' gaming obviously.

According to their product pages, the more expensive one has Creative Sound Blaster Cinema 3 support and AQUANTIA gigabit LAN along with the Intel LAN.
What difference they make is a mystery to me though

It's a fucking consumer workstation level board.

Go build your Gayzen 1500 system with a $100 mobo idiot;

The expensive one has 10 gigabit LAN, in addition to two gigabit ports.

>a fucking cogwheel

All images have photoshopped light rays

Just wait bro

>these mobos are meant for workstations
yeah sure

I paid 320 € for an Asrock X370 Taichi. The chipset is the same, but the bigger socket, quad channel memory, additional RAM and PCIe slots increase the price.

Because the market for them is pretty small so far so they want to be able to recoup their development costs faster.

Give it a few more months.

>ASSrock

AMD is for rich people, go buy intel you fucking poor fag.

Wrong.

Why?

That's fucking hilarious. You can't even be sure that CPUs using the same socket, from the same generation will work when buying an Intel board any more thanks to their fucked segmentation. Should be fun when the 18-core Skylake-X parts arrive and current motherboards explode when brought into close proximity to them.

i will laugh my fucking ass off when Intel will launch covfefelake in the next months rendering they kabylake - x platform completly useless, even more than it already is.

>AMD is for rich people, go buy intel you fucking poor fag.
>Intels last straw on desktop is Bentium G4560

goddamn, intel is really poorfag budget tier :----DDDDDD

>X399 platform not meant for workstations
user what are you smoking?

Here's why they are expensive, in no particular order:
1.) Quad-Channel memory support and building to support 64x PCIe lanes. You can't exactly skimp out on other features too at that price.
2.) High margin because HEDT is a "premium" market segment that is used to being jewed
3.) Limited scale of production limits economies of scale, especially for early adopters (who are almost always screwed for any new product and help subsidize the tech for everyone else by allowing production which can then eventually get cheaper).

Something to do with the number of M.2 ultra sockets

>b-but amd is the king of value

They are in the mainstream market segment. They're also still the best value in the HEDT segment because Intel's 16 core is going to cost $700 more and likely perform worse in most tasks due to pathetic clockspeeds and jizz TIM preventing any serious OCing.