When will the mining meme end so GPU prices can finally come back down again?

When will the mining meme end so GPU prices can finally come back down again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ejVNhOvwtuI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You™ Just® Wait©

Next month

Sure thing kid!

Never. Miner rape is the new normal.

youtube.com/watch?v=ejVNhOvwtuI
AIO version is the fanboy edition

I wanted to get one for GPU rendering in Blender. I hope the price goes down very soon.

Not really, you get a really good cooler and $350 worth of discounts if you need them.

as long as devs make coins that are difficult on asic never

eth is surely be driven by amd im 70% sure of it

On a related note, would it be worth getting a cheap raped GPU offa eBay once the bubble bursts? Running 24/7 for a year cant be good on the caps but who knows, maybe it's within spec?

It will die within a year if you're lucky. Months if you're not.

You fags said that two years ago.

I don't think it will be the case all the time. ASICs for cryptocurrencies that are good to mine on a GPU will eventually come.

I expect these mining-related price rises to happen from time to time.

Buy an Xbox x

Y tho? Caps going bad or deballing itself from thermal stress perhaps? Theoretically those kind of defects either appear in the 1st year of use or until the GPU becomes practically ancient.

In the year 2525

you'd want to replace the fans after buying such a GPU

That's easy-peasy lemon squeezy. I'm talking about the actual chance of such a card bricking itself.

The whole reason this is going on in the first place is because after ASICs screwed over any bitcoin miner that wasn't a Chinese datacenter owner, they designed cryptocurrencies with algorithmic bases specifically to make them easy to mine on GPUs and CPUs and hard to build ASICs for. All the new altcoins for some years now have been trumpeting how they're "ASIC-resistant", and to varying extents they are.

This is the new normal.

When it hits the difficulty wall or/and the exchanges get locked down (making it very difficult to convert into USD, Euros etc)

Ethereum is switching to proof of stake in a couple months. That should be a big hit to it.

Isn't it impossible for individuals to mine coins now that the Chinese bastards are bringing in million of machines?

When it stops making me m
>When will the mining meme end so GPU prices can finally come back down again?
oney. Until then, BTFO.