I really want to be a programmer but i can't find a single project that i want to work on...

i really want to be a programmer but i can't find a single project that i want to work on, it just isnt fun for me anymore fellas. maybe i should just give up.

web development community is filled with pajeets and the shit just isn't fun anymore, and data science is too hardcore in terms of maths. everybody talks about how x language is shit and y language is also equally as shit and it just is fucking exhaustive.

i dont have any friends who are developers so i'm pretty much on my own in this quest of becoming some faggy dev. it's been about a year and a half and i've learned nothing but the bare basics of about 7 languages that i cant do fuck all with.

i just don't know what to do Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

codetriage.com/
up-for-grabs.net/#/
openhatch.org/search/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

/adv/

If you think programming is for fun you're either autistic or a loser without any real hobbies or friends so you have no idea what fun is

>I really want to be a body builder but idk guys everyone says different routines are better than others, I've tried 7 different diets and never really stuck to them, I don't enjoy lifting weights, what should I do?

You don't want to be a programmer, you just want to want to be one. Probably because you incorrectly assume you're smart and you like the concept of being able to avoid school and still be considered a success.

Literally go online look whats hiring in your area, and learn that shit, done deal. Hell here's a project for your autistic ass, build a webscraper and aggregate common keywords across different hiring websites in your area, store in the data in something simple like mysql, and then see what frameworks and languages you're most likely to get a job in. Very simple task to do in multiple different languages.

Faggot

>web development community is filled with pajeets and the shit just isn't fun anymore, and data science is too hardcore in terms of maths. everybody talks about how x language is shit and y language is also equally as shit and it just is fucking exhaustive.
this is just bullshit you hear on Sup Forums. you fucking idiot, you are never going to make it.

Dude, the idea is the following:

You want to be a PROGRAMMER. That's the problem. Maybe you want in some web development skills, and that's ok because that's sure money if you can find a job or freelancing work.

But "programming" is not so much of a job unless you want to become a code monkey.

Real programmers don't even call themselves programmers. They just know how to program stuff that helps them do their job. Maybe their job is to fill in database queries and they write scripst that do it for them. Maybe they are astronomers, and gather information about the constellations and plot it with the help of graph libraries. Maybe they develop games, and write shaders so that the graphics in their next steam game blows everyone's mind.

Programming is a tool, not an end. You want to use the hammer to build stuff, either for yourself or for others. You don't just wave the hammer around and about.

If you want to be a programmer you probably think the black screen with symbols is pretty, but that black screen is but a tool.

A programmer creaters tools to enhance their work or to solve problems. You can't program anything if there isn't a thing you think would be cool to enhance or solve in your daily life.

As one user once said,

"Scratch your own itch".

kill yourself

If you pay attention the image annexed to your post, OP, you'll see that every one of them solves a specific problem.

Learn some craft. "Programming is a craft, not a science", said that Stallman guy.

What do you want to craft? Perhaps nothing. But the thing is, most languages, by themselves, don't allow you to do much. If you want to learn to make games, you'll have to learn OpenGL or some framework. If you want to make websites, you'll have to learn a web development language or some framework.

To create something you first have to want to create something, and that means having in mind what you want to create. You can't create without having an object of creation.

Programming, by all means, is a means of expression. And that may be equivalent to expressing your projects into reality, or enhancing your current projects and easing your workflow.

You can't have sex without having someone to share the experience of sex with. You can't build buildings without knowing what you're building.

You must have an object in mind first! A blueprint, if you will.

roll

codetriage.com/
up-for-grabs.net/#/
openhatch.org/search/

i feel almost the same way OP. i've been thinking of just learning python for the sake of learning it. i figured if i end up liking it i will naturally come up with some sort of program that i would be enthusiastic about i would want to create myself.

rollan

if you can't think of a project them you probably lost all inner desire for programming. not only does it happen, it happens a lot actually.

i was in a similar situation but with cisco networking. took classes to study for the ccna. i finished the courses and ended up getting only my ccent and never my ccna because i had lost all ambition for it. i lost all ambition for networking as a whole. i was good at it but just the appeal was just lost. it wasn't fun.

same happened when i tried for my rhce. only received my rhcsa and let it expire. never did anything with it. i ended up just getting hired at a warehouse and now live pretty comfy.

roll

Why do you want to be a programmer

so i can build stuff and make money

fuck off, we're full

>thoroughly enjoy programming as a hobby
>make neat little projects all the time, have a blast doing it
>get a job as a programmer
>lose all will to do any programming
>can't write a single line of code at home any more
>lose the only hobby I've ever really liked

that's what jobs do to you user. I'm sorry to hear that.

I think it's just where I work, or at least I hope so.
I had an interview with another company the other day, and the developers who interviewed me echoed a lot of the sentiments I had - that developers are happy when the corporate environment gives them freedom to work.

My current company is very structured and weighed down by bureaucracy and paperwork that there's no time for actual development.

I'm definitely hoping that a change of scenery will help... It could just be run-of-the-mill depression.

I hope you get the job, a change in environment will be healthy for you! hang in there user.