What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

sbnation.com/2014/11/26/7281129/radioshack-eulogy-stories
radioshack.com/collections/radios/products/radioshack-am-fm-stereo-headset-radio-2
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Online shopping + people find it easier to just buy new stuff and throw the old stuff away rather than fixing it

Pushing phones instead of having neat gadgets and electronic parts.

They started to sell cellphones, and regular consumer shit at non competitive prices instead of titanium wires, and electronic experiment kits.

Not female friendly

This

Not this

This

Not this

>Not this

>This

These are arguing the same thing.

Not this

You may need to look into reading comprehension classes.

Not this

This

Not this

This

Not this

Honestly though, they sold stuff nobody really needed or asked for. They would have been fine if they had started selling more electronics people wanted.

While it's true people are buying stuff online for the most part there is still a large majority of people who prefer going to a store and receiving their item the same day.

They dropped the ball on taking advantage of the "maker" renaissance and kept trying to peddle cellphones and RC cars.

So fucking expensive even when they were going out of business

Mouser

The CIA shut it down because they didn't want us to escape amazon

>While it's true people are buying stuff online for the most part there is still a large majority of people who prefer going to a store and receiving their item the same day.
This

I went there for a VGA cable and it was $30. What a rip off place.

their soldering stuff was really shitty and too expensive.

>a large majority of people who prefer going to a store and receiving their item the same day.
Only in 3rd world countries like the US. In the 1st world, aka Europe, you can order online in the morning and have it delivered the same afternoon.

with same day delivery your shit comes out at the same price as just going to a store and buying it.

You can order online in the US and have it delivered within the same hour.

I loved RadioShack for the components and shit they used to have in stock. That said, the average consumer is not buying that stuff.

I think they also used to sell electronics like cellphones and laptops but their selection was always small and shitty because of the size of the stores.

I miss radioshack, a qt girl worked at mine

They tried to copy the jews merchanting techniques.

they tried to be an extremely shitty and ridiculously expensive version of bestbuy.

AutoZone was originally named AutoShack but Tandy sued them to make them change the name. Now RS is dead and AutoZone is doing well. Karma I guess.

sbnation.com/2014/11/26/7281129/radioshack-eulogy-stories

Overpriced bullshit. Source: I worked there.

Baseband adapter was $29.99. This was RCA to CAT5. Cost was $0.97. It was at that point it caused me to look closer at how much we ripped people off.

It's sad though. I worked 25-30 hours a week 10 years ago and made about $62k a year just slinging cell phones.

It was a running joke: You have questions? We have cell phones.

The featured item on their front page is an AM/FM radio headset for $63.99. Definitely keeping up with the times there.

radioshack.com/collections/radios/products/radioshack-am-fm-stereo-headset-radio-2

Possibly this.

Unclear if this.

Not this.

Definitely this.

Monoprice used to have a store in a mall in Ontario California that was basically my new radio shack for awhile

it was the RC cars

I didn't see the point of that store.

If you can drive to Ontario Mills, you can sure as fuck drive to the damn warehouse and pick up your order instead.

>Hey you know that store that got famous selling microelectronic components and tools?
>Yea why
>They sell nothing but shitty RC cars and overpriced phones now.
>Do they at least sell radios?
>Nope
Gee I wonder why mini-BestBuy got the finger.

Yeah, it's just down the street. Was kind of fun trying things out before you bought them though. Also, not having to order before hand. Probably why it closed

But in yurope you have some turkroach delivering your item to you, and he probably took it out of the packaging and used it before giving it to you. And you can't complain about it either or else you will get sent to prison for being a racist. Such is life as a yuropoor. In america we just use drones.

Amazon.

>Not one hour delivery like in the US of A

Living in Europe must be like living in the 90s