ITT times Sup Forums tricked you into buying something/things and it backfired on you

ITT times Sup Forums tricked you into buying something/things and it backfired on you

never happened because I'm not retarded

keep going op you are doing great job.
you made me buy a mechanical keyboard 60% and a mx master, best keyboard and mouse i ever had in my life

>ITT times Sup Forums tricked you into buying something/things and it backfired on you
Two years ago, Sup Forums convinced me it was worth it to buy a X40 from some guy on ebay for $200.

My biggest regret ever.

>listening to Sup Forums

Mechanical keyboard. Loud, and not much different from a regular keyboard that isn't complete shit. I also shouldn't have gotten the one with a keypad.

>512mb ram

I bought Ryzen, but I haven't finished buying the rest of the components so I'll have to get back to you on that one.

Well, Sup Forums told me it was worth at least twice that.

I tried selling it again, but the best offer I got was like 35 bucks IIRC.

I won't ever fall for that stinky thinkpad meme nice try Sup Forums nerds HAHA

A ThinkPad T61 back in 2011. It didn't even last me four years, the thing just crumbled apart. Meanwhile the Latitude D620 I had before has been abused by my mom for about six years now and it doesn't have a single dent. Needless to say I'm using a Latitude now too.

Check this shit out. Sup Forums tricked me into building a computer in 2008. It's worked flawlessly for so long that now it's a dinosaur which no one wants to buy for even 10% of what I paid.

From the few items Sup Forums has assisted me in buying, I've not had it backfire (yet)

I just spent 330 on 2 8TB Reds. I'm actually not disappointed overall cuz the deal was very good, but I'm just barely using more than 4 TB currently. Also my old 2 TB drives the 8s replaced need to find a new home

Back in 2009 someone told me to buy a 5770

It's funny that atom processors in cheap laptops/tablets are faster than a desktop core2duo now.

For what it's worth I still find that computer to be more pleasant to use than my Atom netbook. The biggest difference is on boot from the latter's SSD.

I bought a Ryzen 7 1700, ASrock taichi, 16GB 3200MHz memory, and Asus Strix 1070, and it's all housed in a Phanteks P400S
It sits in my dusty closet being unused, because I'm fine with my i5 6500 system

>"BUY A RADEON GPU user, IT'S BETTER THAN NVIDIA HOUSEFIRE INDUCING GPUS"
>mfw my XFX Radeon GPU died a few months after I bought it, and it had lackluster dual monitor performance, deformed cursor, overheating. $400 down the drain
>mfw my shitty 7 year old low tier fanless Nvidia GPU still works and it's what I'm still using
>"YOU'LL ONLY NEED 16GB OF RAM user, REMEMBER THAT UNUSED RAM IS WASTED RAM :^)"
>mfw 16GB is not even close to what I need
>mfw I'm stuck with this shit as RAM prices shoot up like crazy
>mfw Windows keeps nagging me about memory running out daily
>mfw my work takes a serious hit because of it

FUCK YOU Sup ForumsAGGOTS

what's wrong with ryzen?

what are you doing that you need 16GB RAM
shit, if it weren't for web browsers and Windows being so bloated, I'd wonder what people needed fucking 2GB RAM for

like, I remember when 512MB of RAM was a pretty damn good amount (this was in 2001), and it still felt like a bunch until like 2009 for me (didn't install Vista on that machine though)
like, the only time I've had low memory warnings was when running shit in VMs that needed an assload of RAM to work smoothly

Aside from internet browsing, working on PS/AE eats up memory really, really fast.

Memes aside, even 16 GB of RAM is excessive For the vast majority of people. My (quasi)budget box has 8 GB and it's 100% lag-free for literally every app (even AAA games) because it's paired with an NVMe SSD.
Modern versions of Windows and Linux are exceptionally good at caching data.

what on earth are you even doing that requires more than 16 gigs, and at that level of hardware requirements how the fuck did some shitwit on Sup Forums of all places convince you to underspec your machine?

16GB is excessive only for gamerfags, vidya doesn't takes that much RAM.

raspberry pi (useless)
redmeme phone (crap)
3tb Seagate (2 months later everyone had 90% fail rate)
Linux (very unproductive OS, wasted 2 weeks of my life and hundreds of hours)
Microsoft intellimouse (utter trash)
those shark sd cards (all either died, came doa or were faulty/scam)
hyper 212 (oversized loud pos)
dell OptiPlex (bad caps, they all explode in a fiery death one day)
Kingston v300 ssd (bait and switched)
Samsung 840 (crippling firmware bug)
chromebook (utterly fucking useless, barely any software support on it)
cock.li email

Probably nothing. I have no real use for more than 4 cores, and already had the skylake system by the time Ryzen was out.

A T420 four years ago. Best $200 I've ever spent.

>Sup Forums told me it was worth at least twice that.
why didn't you just check for yourself how much they usually sell for?

>Samsung 840 (crippling firmware bug)
explain? was going to get one of these.
also
>hyper 212 (oversized loud pos
while oversized mine is silent.

>chromebook
doesn't sound like something Sup Forums would recommend.

Google samsung 840 firmware bug or firmware fix and there's just a bajillion results.

Sup Forums was when they first came out the board had at least 10 chromebook threads in the catalog shilling individual manufacture

cumming all over your computer regularly will do that,

Did you really think you'd be able to get your money back nearly 10 years later?

same. This thing is loud as fuck and annoying to type with. I will never understand the appeal of this shit.

A chromebook, you guys told me it would be easy installing Linux on it, well it isn't.

Never happened because I'm not a retard.

Lol, ChromeOS is Gnu/Linux

Never happened. I've learned a few linux things and some software bits. It's mostly confirmed my impressions about things I might or might not buy based on the quality (or lack) of the posts.

Sup Forums tricked me into buying a T420. Now I won't ever be able to use a more modern laptop since they're all shit in comparison.

/thread

>he fell for the blue switch meme

>blue switches
You literally fell for a meme

not bought but still.
>Sup Forums recommend duckduckgo
>try it
>search some local thing(not even city local, but country local)
>all results are american
Tracking is good, tracking is necessary

>I'm not retarded
>browses Sup Forums
>even Sup Forums
kike

people don't listen here. people only come here to talk about themselves or project themselves onto others

A 290x
Damn that was a pile of garbage
1st one was DOA
2nd one had some kind of voltage issues and it died in 3-4 months
3rd actually survived, but suffered from driver blue screens.
Driver would constantly crash.
Sold it to miners and got a gtx980.

Good thing I didn't fall for the bulldozer meme.

Sennheiser anything. Fucking trash, cords degrade really quickly and the audio isn't that great to begin with.

>Used thinkpad
Result: i have a high end laptop with great performance that sustains rain and shocks for the price of a low end chinese plastic shit from asus that looks like it's designed by an intern

>nvidia graphics card
Result: I have a graphics card with top notch drivers for Linux and great performance despite being 3-4 years old

>Intel processor
Result: I have a CPU in my workstation that remains competitive against my dual Xeon servers

>Mechanical keyboard
Result: I have a keyboard that is absolutely amazing to type on, with custom prints that fit my setup. And the customer support is great, I had a broken key, and when asked they sent me a new switch as I requested rather than having to send the keyboard halfway across the globe I'd just solder it on myself. They even sent me two switches so I can repair another key if one breaks.

oh also
>high end studio headphones over gaming headsets
Result: Beyerdynamics DT-880 and a Blue Yeti mic, better audio quality than any gaming headset ever made, better mic quality than any gaming headphones ever made

But I didn't buy the external DAC meme, went for an internal asus xonar essence instead, great amplification and superb noise-free sound`

never happened desu

what's wrong with rpb? I just ordered one to make a cheap torrent server

You clearly weren't memed into buying nvidia or intel considering the zeitgeist

none of those things had anything to do with Sup Forums in the first place

>buy
Never happened

>Sup Forums recommending subpar applications
qbittorrent, deluge, GIMP (this was the big one)

ati 9550. Baked after the 1st day.

>qbittorrent, deluge
>t. retard
>GIMP
Many brainlet try to use it as a drawing program. Almost pathetic, but thanks for the advertisement.