Learn to program

Good webpage and/or videos to start learning about programming, and what's the best to start Java or C++?

Other urls found in this thread:

programminggroundup.blogspot.com/2007/01/programming-from-ground-up.html
ntu.edu.sg/home/ehchua/programming/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

learn C, not C++ (though there's nothing wrong with C++)

just that C is "simpler", it has functions, variables and structures.

java and c++ have a bunch of bullshit like object inheritance you won't need to deal with for now.

Start with Scratch so that will teach you logic programming.

Then move onto C so you learn to actually program typing code yourself instead of dragging blocks.

Just any tutorial or book. What is required is your efforts, not the best book ever.

I'll go on and check Scratch thanks

I'll put all my efforts to learn programming

First and most crucial step is to close Sup Forums.org and never back. If you are going to take Sup Forums adviced for granted you are fucked. It may works if you have special kind of autism or specific programming math/related curiosity but if you are asking such question, then you do not have it.

Start with python, learn basic like loops, if, functions, lean about OOP. write few programs.

language does not matter that much, you may know syntax but you being able to build applications from this part of code is what makes programmers and you have to learn it.

Thats why python is better thant C, in both languages for loop and while loop works the same, but python syntax is more comfy in general and allows you to focus on what programming is about.

Later when you know how to program, then go ahead and learn C, knowing C and asm will allow you to understand how it works behind few layers of abstraction and you will have big picture.

is k&r c still worth reading for a beginner, or should just go straight to ansi c resources?

>Thats why python is better thant C, in both languages for loop and while loop works the same, but python syntax is more comfy in general and allows you to focus on what programming is about.
Well that is pretty subjective

don't bother with websites and videos
they just teach you the syntax with nothing to reinforce your knowledge

just torrent a book to learn from
just make sure to do the exercises, that's how you learn

Best way to learn programming is through O'Reilly books.

What if I've already learned the most basic shit of C and Java?
How to I get into pajeet territory like all the frameworks for Javascript or web protocols and so on

O'Reilly books have everything.

will look into it

programminggroundup.blogspot.com/2007/01/programming-from-ground-up.html

If you don't use ganoo loonix, install some flavor of Ubuntu in a VM and get the build-essential package. You will probably want to do this for real practice and projects anyway.

>Internet Protocol book
>2 trout on the cover
ok

It doesn't matter all that much but I guess Java. It's pretty idiot proof and you can use concepts you learn there in other languages. It's best if you have a programming project in mind and hack away at it. You will stumble and fall down but you will learn much in the process.

The next language you can learn might be C (fuck C++). It depends what you plan on programing.

O'Reilly has a tradition of putting animals on covers.

I found it a great read. But I would start with video tutorials. Once you want to learn some tricks(not just syntax) read k&r. This is only from my experience so some might find this stupid.

K&R C is a book which is a bit more technical than you're average beginner book. It was written as a C book for people who already know how to program and know other languages. Start with some online tutorials where things are simply explained.

C is a fantastic language. I would learn it first because it teaches the magic behind the curtain. It allows you to open your mind and see how memory and the processer works.

>it teaches the magic behind the curtain. It allows you to open your mind and see how memory and the processer works.
u wot
literally the reason C exists is to be an abstraction that hides the lower level
see

I know. But c is the lowest abstraction I would suggest to a beginner.

This guy covers everything well

ntu.edu.sg/home/ehchua/programming/

Thanks

Can I do more with C besides writing operating systems for microwaves?