Buy Ryzen they said

>Buy Ryzen they said.
>It's on par with Intel they said.
Why are these idiots on forums buying 1080 tis and vega gpus when Ryzen holds back all gpus. The only thing Amd has going for them is for sever and rendering. That's it even in Vulkan doom which was supposed to be Amd's answer to life it still sucks ass. I'm returning my Ryzen CPU and just going to get x99

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-oRLSotvcpA
store.steampowered.com/stats/
youtube.com/watch?v=lN5mxFfkr7g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>more than 60 fps
Enough for me.

Find me a 1440p 240hz display.

It's a +9% difference in FPS for +14% on price. I'm sticking with ryzen.

Alright let's see the same bench with a overclock 1900x

What stick of RAM?

Hmm, I wonder what happens if you use 3,600mhz ram on Ryzen rather than 3,000mhz?

Well 60 and 144 are night and day. Just like 30 and 60
240hz is a a meme and 165 hz is enough. Ryzen can't do it, before potential amd fans get hurt I already gave credit for it doing rendering and server side workload. Still though I wish Amd gave close competition like back in the day or beat Intel all around. X99 it is for is. 6 cores should be enough

Link if any of you want to watch the full video
youtu.be/-oRLSotvcpA

What happens is that the price goes through the fucking roof whereas you'd be just fine with cheap ram with intel. Big fucking whoop.

>Games at 140+ hz at 1440p
>Is too cheap to upgrade from 3000mhz ram to 3600mhz ram
What did he intend to signify by such representations?

Basically, 1700 gives you all-around performance in everything, while 7700K is only really good at one thing, and that's games.

This guy gets it. I'm running 2133 that I scored off Craigslist for 40$ while the rest of you are buying gaming meme ram for 250 and up. 2133 16GB

...Intel still wins in 8 out of 12 titles?

>more than 150 fps
enough for me

Refer to this dumb ass. Even though Ryzen is cheaper you're paying out the ass for better ram. Even then Ryzen can't always hit the clocks you bought the ram for and there are still people not even running their ram at full speed thanks to Ryzen

Congrats on being poor.

Congrats on being dumb as fuck with your money. Not my loss you can't find good deals. Also it was brand new in the box with the receipt. Normies from reddit are upon us again...

Hmm GTX 1080 or GTX 1060 I wonder which system would get more FPS?

>Ultra
ultra is bloat, test on high

RAM speed really hits diminishing returns around 3000. Buying 3600 is overkill.

Someone save this shit! Amd cucks can't this shit defend anymore.

>spending $700 on a 16gb kit of b-die that has a slight chance of hitting 3600mhz
good luck, also 3466 with tight timings > 3600mhz on ryzen

>buy shit CPU
>tries to remedy it by buying overpriced meme ram instead of just going for the actually better CPU in the first place

You AMD cultists are hilarious. This reminds me of the time when you faggots were defending bulldozer saying that it would be good if you just bought some overpriced motherboard on top of an outrageously expensive cooler and overclocked it, increasing your power bill tenfold.

You want good performance? Buy a good part. Don't cut the corners around the main fucking thing and then try to sprinkle shit around it or polish a turd. Anyone willing to run 144hz consistently will buy the 7700k. Going for that refresh rate and settling down for ryzen is hilariously stupid.

>biostar

Good fucking deal holy shit
Mommy and daddy paying your bill still you fat piece of shit? Give the guy credit for being smart with money unlike your autism

what?
Everyone knows the 7700k is better in current and older games. Newer games are using more and more threads thus the 7700k will age worse than the 1700 or even 1600
Its a dumb move to buy a quad core cpu today when we have so many more options including coffee lake coming

3200 16GB is 139$

Running z77 biostar T over clock series still with a 4.9 Ghz oc at 1.34v and it's still fine

>$700
Yeah no.

>144hz+ 1440p gaming with a 1080 Ti
>Budget conscious with RAM
?

>MUH BATTLENAWKZ!!!!
>1080 ti @ 1080p
?

Where are the proofs? I want to see the proofs.

>~100% as fast in AAA gaming
>Utterly crushes a 7700K at virtually any other computationally intense workload
>shit CPU
?

/thread

Cheapest OC board that supports kaby S out of the box

Unless you are buying a 1080 ti and have a 144hz monitor the AMD chip is a better option

After getting fucked over again by Intel on mobo support with coffee lake, 7700k shills are out in full force.

And these are best case scenarios for amd.

Hint: Maybe you guys should enlarge the pic... :^)

>worst case scenario of stock Ryzen vs heavily overclocked 7700k is a difference of 15 fps on average
Oh, the horror.
It's the end of the world.
Ryzen is literally useless for gaming.
AMD truly is finished and bankrupt.
AMDrones literally on suicide watch.

Yeah, there's also that. It's funny how to make AMD look good, you have to cherrypick the few games that are properly multithreaded and with perfect DX12 support to boot. Whereas in 99.9% of real world scenarios, you'd be running something smashing the first thread and with DX11.

Are there any ryzen "project argo/arma 3" benchmarks?

This is the biggest fuckup intel has made in the recent times
They are forcing people only all new systems with a socket/chipset change with coffee lake
People are going to jump ship to the cheaper option of the AMD system which is 95% as fast in games yet does everything else better and uses way less power and produces way WAY less heat

With time the raw compute performance of the ryzen will show through
Ryzen has already picked up 17%~ gains via software updates since launch in game performance
This trend will continue
The Intel chip is of an older design which is optimized for today. Ryzen is a new design and it takes time to optimize for that

>Hint: Maybe you guys should enlarge the pic...
hint: Show me benchmarks in the games that I actually like if you want to convince me to buy an amd for gaming.

arma 3 runs on an ancient engine and only uses a single thread even for physics logic. It runs like ass even on intel. Its CPU limited on a 1050 ti...
Games are seen here
Ryzen does well in sim games like warhammer and civ. Does well with heavy physics compute too as seen in dirt 4 and world of tanks
Intel performs well in older engine based FPS games like gears of war and deus ex

Skylake X is shit because of the lag on the L3 cache which is heavy used in gaming

Only the avg counts for anything, user. Those are the rules.

And with intel you need a more expensive X-series mobo, delid kit and AIO to keep it cool. I'll stick with the slightly faster memory and the stock cooler that can easily handle a 3.8OC.

Arma is shit, with a shit engine. play a a better game faggot, rainbow 6 siege has good optimization

Naw 1% lows matter a lot this shows how much the game is hitching up
Intel is very bad on GTA 5. It can average 120fps but if it has a .5s single frame in that average its going to feel like shit. One second is a massive amount of time in a rendered scene.
Nearly all outlets have reported that the amd systems "feels" smoother than the intel one I assume this is due to the min frame rates.

Here we go with the "wait" slogan just like the FX days. Op here and I have waited long enough for amd to not make us wait. Fuck them

faster refresh will fix

>p-p-play the cherrypicked games that are heavily biased towards AMD p-please

Are you done with your 48th replay of ashes of singularity, faggot?

not even amdfags play that shit

>muh games
Some of us grew up already.

You can buy ryzen today and threadripper tomorrow
What are you waiting for?
What I said is amd will age like FineWine where the intel will age like spoiled milk
See G3258 which not too long ago was hailed as all you ever need since "games only use two cores anyway"

More threads and importantly more cores is not a meme anymore. Engines and other systems are being forced to use more threads because of fag lords with smart phones with 8 cores and console tards with their low ass clocked 8 core SoCs.
Quad cores will be where dual core CPUs are today in less than two years. Quad core eight thread CPUs will be in that spot in 4 years.
I have an old i7 990x that has aged well as a result of having 6 core 12 threads.

Yet you're still here in this shit website

>amd is fine wine
>bulldozer

I shitpost for free on my free time

You and I both know arma 3 is a shit tier engine
i3 7350k beats the 6900k you know it has issues

>he thinks zen is bulldozer

>arma is shit
Has been consistently near the top of steam top 100 played games daily since release.
>constantly shows aots benchmark

Picks the most tame non benchmark that least reflects actual gameplay to make ryzen look like it can at least hit over 60fps
Show us a real arma 3 benchmark like yaab.

inb4 ryzen yaab benchmarks at the lowest draw distance

>muh popularity contest
Nobody cares. ARMA 3 is a garbage engine. Nobody here even knows what a YAAB is you fucking Sup Forumsermin faggots.

Did AMD make the cheaper case and motherboard too? And Intel needs a CPU cooler but AMD doesn't? LOL. I bet you voted for Trump too.

muh shootan' simulators

>muh meme about games using more than 4 cores.
People have been saying this since 2009. Still hasn't happened for the vast majority of games.

>Arma 3 is currently listed in steams top 100 as number 22 game currently being played by over 15000 players
>AOTS ipeaked at less than 500 player total last year, and has less than 10 player daily average with most days being zero.
Fuck arma though, aots benches are important. AOTS is where it's at.

store.steampowered.com/stats/

You'll be glad to know out of all the games on the top whatever, ARMA is the only one that's such a pile of shit it will barely give you 60 FPS on Ryzen.

>Buying a dead socket
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

32GB of RAM that can actually clock to 3600 MHz is like 400-500€.

>You'll be glad to know out of all the games on the top whatever, ARMA is the only one that's such a pile of shit it will barely give you 60 FPS on Ryzen.
Runs fine on my mashine, so does modded skyrim, but fuck that game too show us aots.

Geil EVO X 3200MHz amd
Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz intel

Yes? The 7700k doesn't come with a CPU cooler however the 1600 comes with one, he's correct in leaving one out

Also you do realize that insulting that game doesn't insult me right, or are you that autistic that you can't compartmentalize, and separate individuals from the games that they like to play, and define people by the games that they play?

1% FPS wise, which is what matters, Ryzen wins 7 out of 12. Idiot.
8 out of 12 going by 0.1% minimums.

60 to 144 is not nearly the same as 30 to 60

framerates below 80 im able to tell within 5 fps what its frame rate is, over that and its not more within 10-15 frames of what it is

and as for 240, for gaming sure, but watching video you shot at 240 fps or even just desktop smoothness it will be felt

bought 32 gb of 3200 for 180 when I built my ryzen system, it really doesn't matter what latency the ram is at with rysen as it responds to speed far more than cas.

intel on the other hand, when a game gets ram limited, and most do at the high fps range, the only way to boost that is paying out the ass for low cas high speed ram.

quit lolisplaining to me. very disrespectful

How about a x265 encoding?

Ummm siege is pretty close to performance on both systems. Intel obviously still leading in it. Their releasing a new optimization patch for the game next month also. Arma is aids and siege doesn't cherry pick amd so I don't know what you're talking about

AMD did make the motherboard cheaper because the chipsets and licenses are cheaper, plus the socket is cheaper to implement. Yeah he picked a more expensive case for the intel build, but the $30 isn't the difference between a 1060 and a 1080.

Intel needs a cooler because the K series doesn't come with a heatsink, where the 1600 comes with an actually decent stock cooler that you can get a mild overclock with on the 1600.

Found the 2 fags that occasionally play aots.

>Shit posting is better than games

Fucking kill your self. Austim award of the year goes to you

Posting gaymershill

son im disappointed

Enjoy your shit performance on an out dated engine. Bet you still run windows 2000 like a dumb ass

AHAHAHAHAHAH

2017 INTEL IS FOR POOR FAGS!!!!!!!!!!!

Siege stomps on all of this

Ryzen is a bottleneck at 1080p right now.
Soon it will be a bottleneck at 1440p and 4k.
Especially with 144hz 4k screens becoming available.
>All I need is 60fps
Soon ryzen will be the difference between 40 and 60fps

Console players will say other wise. 30 to 60 isn't a big deal to them. Just like you faggots who say 60 to 144 isn't a difference. Enjoy your 60hz I've seen it for my self and so have other YouTubers. I scored a predator for 500 on eBay 1440p and 165hz has felt so good and smooth

He posted performance numbers dumb ass. Op has a valid point

yea, no shit, that's why background applications and os overhead is also not an issue and cant be better dealt with a 6 or 8 core, i mean more then 2 cores is a meme and I can never understand why you would want more than one core, I mean soon you will be yelling 'help police he stole my 4 cores' but in all seriousness ill send you the bill for my 4 cores.

I have 144, its somewhere in between 80 and 144 that it stops being a big difference. but then again, you stopped reading my comment after the first line.

/thread

>le gaymen benchmarks
please stay there

oy vey

>.gif

>I suck at video games and games aren't valid ways of testing performance of a CPU.
Back to your shitty thinkpad so you can "write" shitty software that won't ever be worth shit in this world

>Enjoy your shit performance on an out dated engine.
7700k plays every game though even arma 3 with mods.
>Enjoy your choice of hardware that I'm sure does what you want it to in the software that you use?
>le epic get trollez hur hur

Never worth it until we get hardware encoding/decoding on all platforms

> tfw your graphical masterpiece has a single-threaded critical path

gaymer please fuck off to Sup Forums thx
youtube.com/watch?v=lN5mxFfkr7g

Software is stil software faggot, what did you write on you shit think pad. Fucking pajeet