/mkg/ - Dyesub PBT edition

>Buyer's template:
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XldCg9sQYx0&feature=youtu.be
kbdfans.myshopify.com/products/tada68-mechanical-keyboard-gateron-swtich-65-layout-dye-sub-keycaps-cherry-profils?variant=34710238797
buysellcyprus.com/
massdrop.com/buy/37451
ebay.com/itm/SANOXY-PS2-Keyboard-To-USB-Adapter-New-/182458746680
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nigger

first for cute

Stop me of getting an Anne Pro and convice me to going with tada68.
The idea of a common layout, pbt, gateron browns and bluetooth for that price makes me hard.

>Ann/Anne Pro
No programming.
Bluetooth connection can be dodgy.
Plastic case.
From people in my local mech board group: Supposedly worse keycaps than Poker Pro or 3? I have no idea.
>Tada68
1.0u modifiers on the bottom right.
1.75u right Shift.
Plastic case (but possible to upgrade to alu)

I love wireless shit so much I have a wireless trackball mouse and [spoiler]a pair of AirPods[/spoiler], and I still don't think wireless mech keyboard is there yet.

I understood that Anne Pro was partially programmable.

Your dye-sub PBT is shit compared to my dye-sub PBT with an actual profile.

I'm currently using Chinese Topre clones, give me a good reason why I shouldn't buy a real Topre board.

It's smoother and more refined than any MX or Alps board I've tried.

yes it is crappy through the app

What would be the cheapest way to get a white PBT spacebar with cherry profile?

I got an NPKC gradient set and the spacebar is fugged.
I'm using a white OEM spacebar at the moment and like the look of it more than the gradient one

>a reason not to use real topres
perhaps you want to remain being a fake ass wannabe copycat loser
if not, cough up the $200+ and join the big boy club

*sent from my HHKB, worth every overpriced penny

I'm waiting it. hope no delay.

>worth every overpriced penny
What's the deal with topre anyway?

they just feel better than titties do when you press on them

>just 4mm of travel
You must have pressed very flat titties.

>TKL realforce
>HHKB

I'm undecided between the two.
On the one hand, I like the HHKB for its meme status and aesthetic.
On the other hand the real force seems heavier on the desk, have easier access to function keys. Plus its layout being more conventional, I guess it will make typing one someone else's computer less awkward. (the white and gray version is also muh early 2000s aesthetic tier tho)

Even though I like the JIS "layout" better, with the @ available without any modifiers, I'll get the US version since I hate the small space bar even more.

Placebo effect.
Similar to audiofools.

>comparing real titties to real topres...
not sure that's a bad thing for your everyday Sup Forums lurker

I knew it!

Okey, to be fair, the fact that Topre doesn't need to bottom out cause the capacitive spring makes it a nice rubber dome keyboard.
But it's still a rubber dome. Still suffers of the degradation that rubber suffers when its stretched lots of times. And also, his obscenely high price tag probably (read it as "it does") adds to the effect of the "best keyboard in the world"
For what offers, Topre are too much costly, and they arent that tactile compared with a buckling spring or a gateron brown keyboard.
If you want the layout, I prefer the clone that KBfans builds.

what keyboard is this, the one on the desk in the begining of the video while he drawing on the white board youtube.com/watch?v=XldCg9sQYx0&feature=youtu.be

ask here instead

Its a boring WASD keyboard.

i dont remember asking for your opinion, just tell me the name of the model

Aren't topres rated for 50 million presses?

Its a boring WASD keyboard you retard

this guy

>almost fall for the tada68 meme
>seller doesnt accept Paypal
Fuck.
What can I do, guys?

sometimes when i type it does things like this
>aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
no idea why, but it happens, its rare do

Get one from a seller who does.

What another seller sells the tada68 whose accepts paypal?

kbdfans.myshopify.com/products/tada68-mechanical-keyboard-gateron-swtich-65-layout-dye-sub-keycaps-cherry-profils?variant=34710238797

i can see that it has wasd , every keyboard does and its fine that you think its boring, just tell me the name

maybe you should try googling wasd keyboard

every keyboard has wasd, thats how they make them
whats the point of googling it

google it and find out

>as tactical as browns
So not at all?

You must be new here.

WASD only makes 4 boards dumbass
Figure it out

you should just Anne hero

>trying this hard
You can stop shitposting now

Is this a keyboard thread?

It's hard to tell as there are so few keyboards in it.

oh, ok ... i see now. their name is 'wasd keyboards' thats pretty retarded , like naming your car compary '4wheel cars'

I'm seriously thinking on getting the Anne, tough I would like to be reasured that I can program a Control caps swap.

Key chatter. You should change the A switch.

>Filco with Varmilo keycaps
>/k/ shit
Can you get more meme than this?

Well, there is officially more guns than keyboards in it now.

help clean my board bros

Not anymore

stop being a filthy shitarse.

*cleans your keyboard*

>fingernail clippings
This has to be bait

FC660C is the best, especially with hasu controller.

That's not the 980C

Well... buysellcyprus.com/

I know IKBC is famous for their 60% Poker boards, but how is their TKL C87? Any good?

Am I experiencing anything close to a "real mechanical keyboard' with the MagicForce Quisan brown caps? it's some chinese branded Kalih switches

I'll fix that for awhile.

yes

the mf68 is a very good basic budget board

Well it's a mech board with horrible keycaps with debatable switches plus ugly plastic case but also very good price.
Good starter board I guess. Though I'd say you could have paid a bit more to get sth with a bit more bangs for your bucks.

Ehh actually the switches are Qutemu, are these good too? Qutemu browns

Outemus are inconsistent as fuck.
The god of Chinese switches is Gateron.

Both Kalih & Outemu switches are a bit ... arguable. Unlike Gateron which already earns their names, so few outside-of-China people buy those other 2 switches to gather enough opinions. Some love them, some hate them.

I just spent $150 on keycaps. Somehow feels worse than when I spend $300+ on headphones.

Hopefully they're good.

Why is there always some faggot posting his faggot ass guns with the keyboards?
We get it, you're manly as fuck and you take pride in your purchases.

looks like shit desu

>is this a keyboard thread? It's hard to tell with so few boards here
>shows multiple fire arms and one keyboard
>firearms
>keyboard thread
>?????

man you should feel bad, want a guide how to use that keyboard with the keycaps? get fucking clear ones you manchild, pathetic neckbeards

>SP PBT
>Uniform SA
Sorry but you spent $150 on warped unergonomic garbage.

the casing on the top, where it matters is aluminium desu

What's the point? Besides flexing your micro penis?

Yes, with a huge shiny nameplate that you cannot hide or remove unless you take the vinyl route.

letters are way too big and in your face, symbols are as equally big and ugly
shit color gradient
just kys

jelly?

That gradient is pretty shitty though desu. Look at the so-called fade from the QUERTY row to the number row.

>Avoiding the question

> u jelly brah XD XD XD XD

what key caps?

That SA clone the Whitefox guy "invented" and is trying to get some chinks to make

I think it's called something dumb like TTT

Got my enjoypbts in
Top stuff

It's called /dev/tty, and like the other user said, it's kinda like an SA clone, but in a profile that's actually usable called MT3 (custom profile made by the creator). I got it because it's actually made of PBT and it seems like something I'll actually use instead of take pictures of, like what the rest of Reddit does with their SA kits.
massdrop.com/buy/37451

Hopefully it ends up actually being good, unlike the clusterfuck other new Chinese manufactured profiles have turned into

I want spherical PBT keycaps that aren't garbage

thoughts on the logitech g413? will be my first
i was buying a mouse pad couple of days ago and tried one in the store, seemed pretty nice I like the heavy metalic tone of it and it felt nice typing with MK

What is the best mechanical keyboard I can get for gaming? I was gonna get a corsair one, but people from pcbg said that was bad so I came here.

>Romer-G

You obviously haven't tried many different boards then. Romer-G switches are horrible and come with a lot of issues, including not being able to switch out the crappy ABS keycaps, and keychatter from the dual leaf contacts.

Anything is better than Logitech shit. If you really like that type of switch, you should get something with Gateron Browns. Get Cherry Browns if you can't find a good Gateron Brown board.

If you want a gayming keyboard then get a Cooler Master with PBT keycaps instead. You can also get a Ducky One since that also has double shot or dye-sub PBT. But my personal favorite so far is the Leopold 980m. Even though it has laser printed PBT keycaps I prefer the layout.

what do you need a dedicated amazon key for

That's retarded symbol speak for insert, I guess it's supposed to convey inserting the letter a into a word but since keycap designers are rarely graphic designers it falls flat.

are wasd keyboards worth it?

get the barebones ones, then find a set of PBT keycaps

is there a better alternative to just the keyboard + switches?

are unicomp keyboards worth or should I get an IBM model M?

>Budget
>Location
USA
>Switch
Blues or clears
>Layout
QWERTY
>Form factor
Preferably 60%, but Tenkeyless is fine too
>Backlight
Nice, but not necessary. I'd like the ability to add lights if I wanted though.
>Current keyboard
Razer Blackwidow Ultimate (its shit)

If you want a modern Model M with custom layout/parts/chassis straight outta the factory then Unicomp.

Otherwise stick with the original Model M if you really care about build quality and don't need win/menu keys.

a properly restored or good condition IBM will always be better

they are identical , unicomp makes em like ibm would , just new

no, no they don't

Where can I buy good condition Model M for $200?

ebay

do you use an active adapter? i get weird issues with my model m, probably because my ps/2 port isn't supplying it with enough energy. any dutchfags that might know where i can get a working active adapter?

i use this thing
ebay.com/itm/SANOXY-PS2-Keyboard-To-USB-Adapter-New-/182458746680