Yemeni Arab here. Got any questions & I'll try answering them

Yemeni Arab here. Got any questions & I'll try answering them.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fALgITSyInA
youtube.com/watch?v=BfxEjff40PA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How is the civil war going?

Do a favour for humanity and kill yourself as soon as possible.

تتكلم العربية؟

Do you support them?
youtube.com/watch?v=fALgITSyInA

Conditions are improving. At this point I can't say things can get much worse. I hope that in the near future (1-2 years, maybe) Yemen can be split into two independent states: North Yemen and South Yemen. Thanks for your concern, by the way.

I feel honored to have a Frenchman say this to me.
Speaking wise I can understand only a few other dialects, and I'm not that great
I only support the South because that's where I'm from

sunni terrorist or based shia?

Sunni.

What's life in Yemen like?

What's Omar like?

Well for starters, a lot of people think that Yemen resembles Saudi Arabia or Oman due to its vicinity to them. This is actually not true at all. Yemen is known for being very mountainous and fertile, especially in the central areas.

I come from Yafea, which is a province about a hundred kilometers or so inland.

There are lots of things to love and hate about Yemeni culture. I love the community of it. Nobody is a stranger there. I love the respect that is given to elders, I love the family values, etc.
There are also lots of things to hate about Yemeni culture, like the xenophobia and rigid social expectations for men and women alike, etc.
ALSO: Khat. It's a plant that is chewed like tobacco that is imprinted in Yemeni culture like a tattoo. It's mainly chewed when sitting down with other people, but the drug that it contains causes people to be incredibly lazy. That's why Yemen is poor: because people do not want to work.

Other than that, for a country that is classified as 3rd-world, it's pretty cozy. Pic related.

Also I'm unfamiliar with Omar. Who are you referring to?

Tell me about the Houthies, are they the good guys?

Do you like football?

Eh. Not really. I don't like the "good guy vs. bad guy" narrative because it isn't realistic. In any war, both parties are dickheads in their own way. The only thing that separates them is the degree of their evil, if that makes any sense.
In my opinion and from my personal experience, the Houthis are the greater of the two evils (the other being Saudi-backed government). They've killed many of my family members and destroyed thousands of livelihoods.
The issue, however, is that Houthis are only a small part of a bigger picture. They are part of Iran's effort to colonize the Middle East. Saudi Arabia, as much as you may dislike it, is the only politically-stable country that is powerful enough to prevent it from doing that, and I sure as hell would stand with my brothers than give in to the Iranian scum.
Hell yes. Football (we call it "corat al cella" in Arabic) is the #1 sport in Yemen by far. The Brits tried introducing cricket to us because they thought we resembled Indians, but that did not work at all.

Our second most popular sport after would be volleyball, but it's still way behind football.

>hatha habeshi yared al baled muqnsm
Kaffir

You could say too that Iran is the only politically-stable country that is powerful enough to prevent Saudi Arabia from colonizing the Middle East.

>They've killed many of my family members
Holy shit, I'm sorry to hear that.

>They've killed many of my family members and destroyed thousands of livelihoods.

Fuck lad, sorry.

youtube.com/watch?v=BfxEjff40PA

Do you like a particular team?

It's a bit more complicated than that. Saudi Arabia is an Arab country, and so are the countries that are around it (Egypt, Yemen, Lebanon, Syria, Kuwait, Iraq, etc).
Iran is not an Arab country. They are Persian.

This isn't simply a Sunni-Shia issue; it is an Arab-Persian issue that has existed centuries before Islam.

I see.

Peace when?

You could say there's a "second civil war" in Yemen right now. I'm referring to the Barcelona vs Real Madrid war.

I've always been a Manchester fan myself, though.
U.S seems to love basketball more than anything, though

>Egypt
>Arab
Aren't they just cosplaying as arabs?

Tell me about Sana'a

Tell me about Socotra!
And al-Hallaniyah

Which U.S. state are you in?

maybe meant Oman?

Fuck, I'm retarded

Noice. Do you guys support Muslim teams like Iran, Algeria or France in the World Cup?

corat al cella is basketball

bump

Just came to say hi.

Sup.
Fuck I meant corat al qadam. Lack of sleep fucks you over. Thanks Algeriabro.
On occasion. Algeria seems to be the most popular.
Oh, in that case, I haven't personally been to Oman. They're part of the Gulf Cooperation Council, so they're rather wealthy and they're diverse. Very docile country that doesn't get much attention, especially for a dictatorship.
NY (nyc)
Socotra is like that place that is a source of pride for Yemen even though it's mainly uninhabited. We like to think of it as an offshore nature reserve. It's pretty isolated so it has a ton of strange animals and plants that can't be found anywhere else.
al-Hallaniyah is similar in that it's an island chain off the coast of the Arabian peninsula, but that belongs to Oman, not Yemen. They're also less interesting.
Sana'a is the capitol of N. Yemen, lots of cool architecture there. It's one of the oldest inhabited cities in the world.
No.

>Very docile country that doesn't get much attention, especially for a dictatorship.
Its a kingdom not a dictatorship though.

Or sultanate, both are the samething.

Best and worst immigrants in Yemen?

>Muslim teams like Iran, Algeria or France in the World Cup?

Jugnle monkey, pls

Why did you turn our flag upside down and proclaimed it as your own?

Why do you live in America, you piece of fucking shit?