What does Sup Forums think of paying for Bitdefender or Malwarebytes?

What does Sup Forums think of paying for Bitdefender or Malwarebytes?

Just use Common Sense 2017.

>talking in memes

Faggot

i haven't had an antivirus program in years, they're really bloaty and unnecessary most of the time. Anything that good common sense can't protect against, they probably can't either

Get Kaspersky instead

Paying for an Antivirus program is analogous to taking dating advice from a virgin.

Bitdefender just increases your attack surface. Every who's worth their salt in netsec has a pocketful of exploits for it and their bugbounty program fails to properly incentivize disclosure.

Now that the win babbies are asleep...
What about actual security?
SElinux, fail2ban, proper chmods and chown...

Linux or a VM for your risky browsing
Windows for everything else

Freebsd and jails is superior

Jails are pretty based.
It seems to me you can segment off /dev/ hardware to deny access to really low level shit if you please, correct me if I'm wrong.

Does the linux world have as robust jails as bsd?

I don't know I'm just a winfag. You Linux fags believe any meme.

It's a fake, there's no such big burners on hobs.

It's no meme from my usage.
Handed over a few chroots to users from my personal machine and it was pretty cool to see it all work so flawlessly.

What do you suggest? Just stick with windows defender? I cant switch to linux cause I dont want to lose all my shit and I'm too poor for a new laptop.

I want to hear this logic, please elaborate.

They don't know shit about sex or how girls work, they're just ashamed of being bad with girls and want to look "cool"

There was a time when asking this kind of question would get you b&

.t common sense advocate who is pozzed out the ass

How would you even run those programs? Using wine?

Why would you even do it? Malwarebytes active protection is unwanted """feature""". Only AV you should ever consider using is Windows 8/10 Defender, and on 7 nothing. The only reason to use AV on 8/10 is that it's built in anyway and decent. No reason not to use it. Windows is a botnet anyway and microsoft collects all your data whether you use AV or not.
Basically I recommend running Malwarebytes scans periodically on 7 and leaving 8 and 10 as is, it will run scans with Defender from time to time.

I only use free Malwarebytes for when I download someone dodgy files and want to scan them. Besides that, Common Sense Currentyear

Idk any better so I asked lol. Is win defender good for ransomware as well? So the free bitdefender anti ransomware is bloatware?

Not everybody is a nerd. You can be a Sup Forums sperg and not know shit about software and etc. Newfag here

Windows Defender+ is better than any anti-malware

Wintoddlers detected.

just update your windows they should have security updates for the ransomware shit.

Why do assholes make ransomware and etc if it's so easily terminated?