/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago (outdated)
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
Samsung Galaxy J5 (2017) review
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_j5_2017-review-1637.php

Lenovo is dropping the Vibe Pure UI for stock Android
gsmarena.com/lenovo_is_dropping_the_vibe_pure_ui_for_stock_android-news-26591.php

iPhone 8 display assembly spotted in the wild, no Touch ID in sight
gsmarena.com/iphone_8_display_assembly_spotted_in_the_wild_no_touch_id_in_sight-news-26610.php

Grab Huawei Honor 8 for as low as $259 ($140 off)
gsmarena.com/grab_huawei_honor_8_for_as_low_as_259_140_off-news-26604.php

Leaked image shows 3,300mAh Galaxy Note8 batteries
gsmarena.com/leaked_image_shows_3300mah_galaxy_note8_batteries-news-26605.php

SHARP AQUOS S2 officially coming on August 14, will be announced Aug 8
gsmarena.com/sharp_aquos_s2_officially_coming_on_august_14_will_be_announced_aug_8-news-26603.php

old

Other urls found in this thread:

xiaomi.eu/community/threads/7-7-20-last-miui-8.40847/
dictionary.com/browse/shit
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yesterday while downloading leaked episode of GOT from a link given on Sup Forums my phones battery died rather quickly.
I went from around 15%, thats when I get my low battery warning, to powering off dialogue in a matter of seconds.
To keep it from dying and letting the download complete, I quickly plugged it in but it did shut down. Since that moment, the phone says 0% and wont turn on.

Is the battery dead?
Did I download a virus or something downloading leaked episode?

BTW phone is Moto G First Gen Dual SIM running LineageOS 14.1

How do I bypass the Snapchat google play service thing with the newest version. I tried 8.0.0 and it does not work

My phone is rooted with Lineage OS 7.1.2

essential DOA

Yeah the battery starting to wear out.

That started happening with my m8, with charge reset procedures and emptying cache partition I could get it charging again but the turn off point kept climbing until it was ~42% and then one day the battery stopped being able to hold any charge and I changed it.

According to youtube tutorials, the phone tried to boot up as soon as the power is plugged in but the battery finishes before it boots properly. So press volDn+Power button to get into bios equivalent of phone and let it charge there for some minutes and hopefully battery will be charged enough to boot the phone properly from that menu after some minutes.

iPhone 6 user here.

mine has that screen clicking issue near the power button; I tap near that side and it makes a hollow sound.
doesn't occur anywhere else near the phone. I got a feeling this'll lead to that touch disease crap, what with the screen not sealed tightly with the body.

I'm fairly certain this'll be my last iPhone, sadly. Jobs would be displeased.

between an S7 and a G5, what would last longer as the years go by?

LG G5?

Avoid. Bootloops. Also the G6 is much better and a similar price to an S7 afaik

I have only owned a Sony phone and loved the ease of finding and flashing the stock firmware on it. Same for rooting.
Is there another manufacturer where the process is as easy as that? I absolutely insist on removing shit from my phone that I don't need and being able to revert back to stock in case I fuck something up is necessary. Am I putting in way too much thought into this? Is doing that on any phone easy?

Moto G5, sorry about that. shame about LG, though. the G2 was impressive.

between the S6 and 7, I feel the latter's the better deal. the S6's got shitty battery life and no SD storage.

Just got a Cheapmi 4x. Is there anything i can do to improve it software wise? Updates, etc?

Regular 4X or Note 4X?

Regular

Who /Axon7/ here??

Well there is the Xiaomi.EU ROM, which a debloated and optimized MIUI custom ROM:

xiaomi.eu/community/threads/7-7-20-last-miui-8.40847/

Thanks

What's the best phone for $200-300 USD? I told my friend to get a Zuk Z2 but they got discontinued.

Mi5s or ZUK Z2 Pro

For

Applefag here thinking about buying an Android because my iPhone 6 is beat to hell and I don't know if it'll hold out until the iPhone 8 release. Not really heavily into the Apple ecosystem, so that doesn't really matter to me, anyway.

S8 looks nice, but is TouchWiz as bad as people say it is?

Yes

More battery info on the Nokia 6 for you guys
6h30m SOT

>3 days ago
very nice

What does that mean? Does that mean those shit battery life complaints are bullshit?

>50% screen
deposit directly into trash

The S7 is far better.

Flash LOS. MiUi is pure cancer.

what would be a nice and cheap upgrade to a shitty galaxy s4? please respond

Moto g5+.

Country/carrier/budget/wanted features?

Apple iphone 7 plus masterrace reporting and i am not even from 1st world

>jio
pajeet detected.

How's the performance?

>Where is the best phone in the world

Im in canada, I use fido, budget well below $100 I guess
I had to take a new phone since my s2 lte SGH-I727R broke so I thought this s4 SGH-I337M would be an upgrade but it managed to be worse than the s2

My sister broke a note 4 and wanted a replacement fast so she rushed into buying an LG G6. I tried to stop her but having seen the phone it seems pretty neat. Was it an OK choice over an S6/S7?

I just bought this Zenfone AR for ~$245 for renewing my Verizon contract. Haven't had a chance to play around yet. Will post review when I get a chance.

Also, how bad did I fuck up?

Yes, it's good.

Forgot pic

>how bad did I fuck up?
The phone's too new for anyone to be able to answer that

Well does anyone have experience with other Asus phones? Do they hit the Mark or leave something to be desired?

>Country
Poland (Eastern Europe). Polish carriers use band 7 and 20. Some of them additionally may have 1, 3 and/or 38. When I read polish users' opinions, they often say that most phones lack the b20 freq
>Carrier
See above
>Wanted feature
At least on of the following: nice screen res, good camera (dual would be nice), sd slot, removable/easy to change battery, easy root/flash, good sound thorugh jack
>budget
anything between 150 and 300 USD. USD
>Size
More than 5"
>Additional info
i dont play games on my phone, sometimes i watch videos but mainly i use it for music, messaging, taking photos
I would love to have a phone that is thin and looks very nice - like iphone or sth
My guesses are Honor 8 (a bit too expensive ),Xiaomi Mi 5x

motorola used to be pretty good
not sure what it's like now

>budget well below $100 I guess
Yeah no. get more money and get nexztbit robin or g4 play.

Moto G5+
Don't get chink shit, trust me

LG flagships and Samsung flagships are pretty much equal with each other
LG flagships deteriorate in quality tremendously though which means if you wait ~6mos post launch you can snatch a phenomenal device for cheap.

But Motorola is chink shit

No, their phones pretty much maintained their quality

Is that moto x4 worth waiting for?

It's still chink shit

> Jailbreak iOS device
> Get beautiful and clean Youtube experience with no ads, video downloads and background playback with seamless integration
> Root filthy pajeetphone
> Have to install designated lucky patcher patch and xposed modules, may or may not work based on the wind direction, Youtube might break functionality at any given time, no real unified solution
How come iOS is giving me far more control over my device?

>shit
>it's not shit
???

Nigga you don't have to install all that shit to get adless YouTube on Android you know.

Newpipe is SHIT

OGYoutube?

Using the G6 now. I would recommend avoiding it. Slower than my OP3T and randomly glitches. Not to mention super shitty build quality.

>normies jailbreaking/rooting their devices
this is the funniest to watch desu

>buy $800 device
>can't afford YouTube red with free google play membership
Uhmmm. Fuck off poorfag

Youtube blue, skytube etc, there's a fuckton of alternatives to goytube without the ads and with background play and video/audio only download.

>need to void their warranty to get basic funcionality
Apple cucks everyone

I bet he took out a loan to afford the devices too LOOL

>don't root
>install ogyoutube
>just werks

You can easily revert back to stock and Apple generally doesn't give a shit about JB
If android manufacturers even allow you unlock the bootloader that WILL actually void your warranty.

Rooting and flashing a phone does not void your warranty in europe

Number 8:
dictionary.com/browse/shit

You can easily revert back to stock and [Android OEM] generally doesn't give a shit about it

How fucking poor you have to be to complain about $60 a year for:
>YouTube red
>Google Play Music
>Universal discount of $.50 in every app you get from the play store

You guys are fucking pathetic, i bet you pirate music too with YouTube to 320kbps websites and pirate your apps.

Then you are complain when you get no updates from developers.

Lmao fucking beggars being choosers

poorfags have ruined the entirety of technology tbqh

> Being a streaming cuck
> A plus

How poor do you need to be to complain about $5 a month tho. Fucking sad.

Lmao. Are you fucking autistic? I stream and purchase my music. Over 5000 legally purchased albums on my music library as of today. Get a fucking job you loser twat.

>LeEco S3
>Ran amazing when I got it
>Now is slower and sluggish
>Uses 600mb of RAM more than usual
Should I factory reset or is that a sign of shit updates slowing the phone os down?

You're using LineageOS, right?

I'm using your mom asshole you retarded pajeet

Good goy

Cry moor poorfag. No wonder why society left you behind since you are such a brilliant tool, spamming memes from your basement and your recycled computer.

:^)

Stock chink OS. Wasn't sure if I should try a reset or if it was a sign of needing to change it to a dechinked one.

Nice projection
Summer really draws out all the retarded kids

>Can't afford $5
>Calls somebody else a kid
Hahahahha

Samsung Galaxy J5 2016 vs J5 2017 for £80 more at £250?
Need something for my mother but it's pretty tough choosing from just Samsungs.

Both are shit and she will probably shit then even more with Facebook and 100+ apps.

Get another brand or stock android

When did I say that?
Getting something just because you can afford it is truly the sign of an underage retard, or even worse a manchild.

>just Samsungs
Why?

Try harder you pirate twat.
You should try to pirate a better life hahaha

I'd just like to chime in and say the chinks are our saviors. Never again will I buy a non-chink phone. $800 flagships are as dumb as $400 4c i7s.

Galaxy A3 2017

Fuck off

>Over 5000 legally purchased albums
A VERY good goy

>dude I'm so better than you because I buy shit you get for free
Delete yourself

Stop crying dude, you are just making fun of yourself right now.

Posting this from my $5k custom build with dual 1080. Wanna try to convince me your Walmart laptop is better in any way? I enjoy how you monkey make me laught

Well you could try resetting it, but it could possibly happen again later so might be better to just use a dechinked ROM (such as LineageOS)

@61750171
Not even worth a (You)

Lol fag do you even have a Corvette

Or did you spend it all on a PC so you can tell people about your youtube red subscription when xposed gets you that for free?

>1080
>not 4K
Whose the poorfag here?

What Android phone should I get on Sprint? S8?

That's like what? A 2006 corvette? Not even stingray. Damn buddy, you sure showed me.

dis gon be gud

is the huawei nova plus any good?

Okay lads, I'm some random sperg that has recently gotten a ""gf"" and not having a smartphone has kinda of been getting in the way recently, so I need some suggestions for what to buy (I know very little about the smartphone market).

Carrier: Vodafone
Features: Idk, a pretty decent camera and easy to jailbreak?
Budget: Max would be 200-250, but I'd have no problem buying smth much lower than that if it was a good deal
Size: above average to big

Also, how's gentoo for mobile going along?

Btw I hope you enjoy the edited version of the picture taken with my iPhone 7 Plus 256gb red (limited edition) with a Louis Vuitton case ($5k). Made it look shitty with Snapseed because you can't probably look at all the detail in your $200 phone screen anyway, so I might as well save your phone the trouble of the gallery app

Oh, and thanks for the help in advance.

Moto G5 / G5 Plus