Why are HDD manufacturers super autistic? Why can't they make drives that don't fucking die? Every brand is shit...

Why are HDD manufacturers super autistic? Why can't they make drives that don't fucking die? Every brand is shit, Seagate is the worst, WD is the second worst, HGST used to be good until WD bought the company and Toshiba is pure fucking shit.

Why can't one manufacturer make one drive that doesn't die? How fucking hard can it be? You don't hear often that motherboards die, you don't hear often that SSDs die, you dont' hear often that GPUs die, you don't hear often that CPUs die. SO WHY DO DRIVES DIE SO FUCKING OFTEN? WHY ARE THERE 9000000 MODELS OF THE SAME FUCKING THING?

Seriously, HDD manufacturers are autistic and it's a fucking monopoly.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xKPe4YzXYGA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>you don't hear often that SSDs die
>you dont' hear often that GPUs die
????

>and it's a fucking monopoly
How can it be a monopoly if theres dozens of manufacturers and SSDs as an alternative to HDDs????

because HDD technology is not that great, moving parts will wear out and break eventually

A """common""" issue for GPUs is their coil whine, which is not the same as the component dying by itself you fucking retarded worthless ape. Do you work for a HDD manufacturer? Come out clean you shill.

>SSDS dying, ever
Okay you're a HDD manufacturer.

>How can it be a monopoly if theres dozens of manufacturers and SSDs as an alternative to HDDs????
Because you and your people work together under different names. A very common Jewish scheme is divide and conquer. Google it.

There's a duopoly that control hard drive manufacturing. They have no incentive to make products that last - you have no choice but to go back to one of them when your drive fails after six momths

That's incorrect and misinformation.

Hard drives die faster in the first few months/years than.

Competition basically doesn't exist any more

>Toshiba bought HGST's 3.5" drives.

That's fucking bullshit. Look up WD Red Pro and Ultrastar He8. Toshiba hard drives is complete dogshit, look it up on Youtube and listen to how the drive operates while idle. Nothing like the HGST/WD drives.

>Tfw my hdd literally have years of power on hours

>Okay you're a HDD manufacturer.
I remember Samsumg killing thousands of SSDs through a simple firmware update, my own included.

>Because you and your people work together under different names
But then you still have SSDs as an alternative.

Oh no Samsung released a buggy shitty firmware which reset a particular model which was later fixed and corrected. That means all SSDs are shit, oh no!!!!!

Look at this fucking HDD shill, holy shit.

>But then you still have SSDs as an alternative.
Much better and much more reliable than HDDs.

They aren't alive so per definition they can't die. Checkmate, atheists.

People with autism would most likely make the finest drives ever.

No, people with autism would act retarded and keep delivering shitty products.

Autism = retardation

In my mind it's a fucking miracle that spinning rust at high speeds works as well as it does.
youtube.com/watch?v=xKPe4YzXYGA

its a scam and we would have reliable and secure 50tb tapes in our pc cases if HDD manufacturers didn't exist

I've yet had had HDD die on me. My last HDD had like 6 years uptime and it worked.

Because it's moving. Anything that moves has a significantly higher chance of breaking. You hear about fan breaking, right? Same fucking thing

No, idiot, autism = anything I dislike, you fucking autist.

>You hear about fan breaking, right?

Never had fans, heatsinks, GPU fans die. Never seen anyone complain about it too.

Try again, you HDD shill.

Because you have to buy

I am 27 and have never had a hard drive die. I have had external/portable enclosures for drives die, but not the actual drive inside. I still use drives I got over a decade ago. I have had a GPU die and a motherboard seemingly delivered DOA though.

t. Seagate/WD

>manufacturers make 1TB model
>retards complain it isn't 1TiB
Come on, most people think a gigabyte is 1024MB, not 1000.

>Divide and conquer

>Jewish scheme

Wrong.

seagate with raid 0 for maximum performance.

No. But really, do your research and read reviews & do backups. They will all die eventually.

Are you retarded? Reviews only show you how "fast" they are. NOBODY GIVES A FUCK ABOUT HOW FAST A MECHANICAL DRIVE IS.

>do your research
My research tells me HDD companies run a monopoly, striking fear into the goyim's heart with inferior drives to make them constantly buy "back ups" to fill the CEOs pockets.

nobody gives a fuck about you either. It was a joke. Stop arguing on the net about shit we do not have control over. asshole.

Go back to Sup Forums please.

>What is anecdotal evidence for $200, Alex?

Everyone ignore the thread. OP is just a mad autist who received a lemon in the mail he bought with his weekly allowance.

Oh are you trying to be a comedian when you're calling me autistic when you barely understand what "ancedotal evidence" means? Good job, you really got your point across with terms you have no understanding of. Really activates the almonds, you dumb fuck. Seriously, if you are both socially and mentally retarded, do everyone a favor and don't try to act smart on the internet.

entropy

everything wears unless you live in a perfect theoretical universe.

This is a lie to keep the goyim in fear.

If you look at the actual years you'll see that most of those yellow companies never actually competed either
retard

>Buy WD drive
>It breaks
Anything new user?

>Toshiba and WD got all the Japanese companies
>Seagate got all the Chinese shit

Suddenly it all makes sense now...

>Not chiseling down your personal 1's and 0's on stone tablets for reliable long term storage

??????????? Seagate got French and other European companies. Samsung is Korean and not Chinese,.