Red Hat is updated to 7.4, so will be CentOS, but that will be later this month. In this update...

Red Hat is updated to 7.4, so will be CentOS, but that will be later this month. In this update, GNOME is going to be updated from 3.14.4 to 3.22.3, the same version that Fedora uses[1] (which also happens to be a tad slower).
Really hoping it does not slow down desu, this thing is running on a fucking toaster.

seven.centos.org/2017/08/centos-linux-7-1708-based-on-rhel-7-4-source-code/

[1] apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/gnome-shell

Other urls found in this thread:

access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/7.4_Release_Notes/new_features_desktop.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Forgot to post Red Hat release notes access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/7.4_Release_Notes/new_features_desktop.html

What wil be the linux version?

>using gnome
>on a toaster

If you have a toaster but want bling your only real choice is Enlightenment.

The kernel? It's the 3.10 branch.

Which means you will not want it on any kind of desktop.

I use RHEL and CentOS exclusively at work, it never surprises. Only problem is it's lack of a proper distupgrade mechanism.

who the fuck uses centos as a desktop OS?

xfce

Fun boast: there are allegations in my workplace that our top boss, the company's Technical Director, made CentOS. Obviously he must have just copy-pasted a load of Red Hat stuff to make it, and nobody has asked him because apparently he got in a huge fight and stormed out and never wants to discuss CentOS again, but still, that is a story at my work.

Does anyone here know the story of CentOS's development, so I can compare with what I know?

Literally the entire scientific community

This. Im and HPC admin and all of our Linux workstations run RHEL

In Enterprise environments, their support is absolutely necessary

LOL this guy knows & fuck stytemD hard.

see
Tens of thousands of people, if not more

good point LOL.
Are you typing this from your CENTOS/ RHEL shit at home?

Honestly I only see them use Ubuntu or OSx

I really only see server autists using CentOS, and they don't use it for the desktop.

With the thirty seven keys of Tzeentch, we open the way for our brothers. With the thousand whispers of Slaanesh, we call to them. With the twelve plagues of Nurgle, we fell their enemies. And with the mighty axe of Khorne, we cut open the world for them.

CHOAS UNDIVIDED

you need a drug test, but I like your enthusiasm...

How did the logo end up like that on the upper right? Am I missing some pattern or is the extra blue square there for aesthetics?

Nevermind, I checked and OP isn't the official logo.

_| S C I E N T I F I C
L
I
N
U
X

No it's not, you're just too big of an idiot to realize that they don't do jack shit.

D E F U N C T
E
F
U
N
C
T

Yesss

Nice drugs. Excuse me, could you giveme the name of the magical substance you loaded into your body, good sir?