What is the best beer and what country does it come from?

What is the best beer and what country does it come from?

RARE FLAG

not really though

Bud Light

It's brewed in the US.

chimay

belgian beer best beer

Overrated

Not even the best among Belgian trappistes

''Best'' beer is, despite all memes, usually something microbrewed.

This is not to say that there are no good macrobreweries.

I personally like Franziskaner and Weihenstephaner Weiss a lot if we're talking macro.

For micro, try Bodebrown Perigosa or Dum Petroleum, Brewdog also has some nice beers.

>Best'' beer is, despite all memes, usually something microbrewed.
>This is not to say that there are no good macrobreweries.

You're definetely right

>Frenchman didn't call me a nigger
>agreed with me

well color me surprised...

Anyway, other examples of countries that make nice beer would be Czech Republic and even Austria has some decent beers, if you're into Weizen, try Edelweiss.

Germany produces some nice variations of Bock Beer if you're in cold place, I'd recommend Schneider Weisse.

Oh, even Denmark as small as it is has something affordable that tastes ok (at least here in Brazil) - You can try FAXE Witbier

Personally, I'm a fan of strong beers, I can tell you that if you want something out of ordinary you should go for Tokyo Brewdog

hmmm, now that I think of it, if you can EVER find it, try Hop Arabica by a Brazilian microbrewery called MORADA.

It's a Blonde Ale which is actually made with Coffee beans, it's AMAZING if you like coffee.

I don't even need to drink it to know that's piss.

The best I've ever had is this German one...
I haven't had that much beer, though.

fucking hipster

why is alcohol so expensive in Scandinavia as a whole?

Not even, just don't want to pay for a ''drink'' that is basically rice and water and tastes like piss. And I even said up there I drink macro so...

Taxes. Alcohol is bad, so it is heavily regulated and taxed. Everything above 4.7% or so has to be sold in special state-owned stores. But they tend to have a good selection and knowledgable and helpful employees.

not even a contest
and it comes from chicago illinois

Hey m80, i'll try some of that out, is the coffee really noticeable?

I love coffy beers!

Urquell is great, I'd like to drink some from the tap in Czech Republic.

How much does it cost for a bottle there?

>state owned stores

wut, never heard of something like that.
Are you telling me only the state can sell any drink above that alcoholic percentage? The fuck man

What if I want to open a bar in Norway? How do bars sell heavy drinks?

Bars can sell alcohol, obviously. You have to get a permission for that, though.

I guarantee that you'll get a full coffee aroma m8, it's incredibly thick with a little sweet touch.

Give it a few mins. The Americans are going to start posting shitty obscure microbrews, that no one else but them likes.

Mariestad, brewed in dalarna sweden is pretty good.

And being horribly overpriced because MUH MICROBREW

can't disappoint you

Thanks man, I'll see if I can grab some of that the next time I visit the USA.

Oh I see, well that's good to know!

Isn't Seneca a Native American tribe or something?
I'm almost sure I remember that name from somewhere in... Canada I think.

btw I've noticed you fancy some strong bocks, have you ever tried Schneider Aventinus?

Murrica and its thousand shitty, crude, identical, over-hopped IPAs.

>Muh beer revolution.

Yep, Seneca were one of the Six Nations of the Iroquois confederacy.

>shitting on firestone and sierra nevada
>but first and foremost, shitting on stone

0.7-1euro

I was in brewery once in pilsen and the fresh beer is reaaaaly amazing

tank pilsen is really tasty too

>Yuros waste time and space bitching about americans in the beer thread when no americans have even bothered posting instead of posting their own countries' beer and taking pride in their own accomplishments

LOL

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

LOL!

beer drinkers are trash btw

Why the hell would you drink that when Germany has countless world-class beers?

This is very good. Czechia.

But I enjoy recently IPAs, especially the hoppy bullshit kind. I don't give a shit what people with beards who prefer their beer warm think of it.

>countless
nah, just a handful, just like the states
majority of the microbrews are really shit but you've got to give it to the guys who know exactly what they're doing

Just throwing it out there, beer drinking is getting fucking huge over here. Like, it's getting as serious as France take's their wine. Maybe moreso, I can't go to a party where at least 75%+ of the guys know allllooottttt about beer and can talk about it for an hour.

But my personal favorites were a raspberry sour my cousin brewed. He picked the raspberries himself from some kindof-well-known patch of raspberries deep innawoods (it was like 12% alcohol). And a peanut butter barley wine my uncle brewed which topped at 14.5%ish if I remember correctly. And just like cooking, they only made one batch.

I have literally never had a bad or even mediocre German beer. You, the Czechs and Belgians blow everyone else out of the water.