Tell me about your country's/regions dialects

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Variation_in_Australian_English
youtube.com/watch?v=AIZgw09CG9E
youtube.com/watch?v=03iwAY4KlIU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Languages_of_India
twitter.com/AnonBabble

We dont have any, just autistic accents

I speak Upper Carniolan and I can write about it but I don't really know that much about the rest. Basically, Upper Carniolan follows the Upper Carniolan stereotype of frugality by taking out many sounds in words (especially vowels so you get a lot of schwa sounds) and even pronouncing several words together. The dialect that I speak also has many germanisms.

What is the slovenian standard dialect? For holland it is the dialect of Haarlem, a Midden-Hollands dialect.

Pic related shows how much dialects differ from the standard language.

There is no standard dialect. The literary language was originally a mix of Upper and Lower Carniolan.

I guess you could call the regional koines "standard dialects"; the three speeches used in 1. Littoral, 2. former Carniola, 3. Styria. They combine the various dialects of the three general areas into three different, close speeches. It's mostly what they use in urban areas.
The media tries to make the Carniolan koine (or more specifically, the speech of the capital city) predominant, though.

According to Koldo Zuazo´s work, which the most recent study, there are five great dialects of Basque:
>Green: Western or "Mendebaldekoa". Usually know as Biscayan.
>Red: Central or "Erdialdekoa". Usually know as Gipuscoan.
>Blue: Navarrese or "Nafarra"
>Orange: Navarrese-Lapurdian or "Nafar-lapurtarra"
>Yellow: Souletan or "Zuberotarra".

Definitely too many dialects, but just Veneto and Sardo are actually recognize as languages

K

I forgot to add, the standard is the "Batua" or Unified, boosted in the XX Century to act as literary standard, is the one used in books, TV, taught at the schools...

Back in the day there have been other clasifications, so you can find other names if you look about "euskalkiak" or Basque dialects.

We have regional shibboleths but they're complicated by our itinerant population and aren't strong enough to overcome variations in people's own linguistic autism, e.g. I'm a Queenslander and the only one in my family who says carstle and charnce like a croweater.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Variation_in_Australian_English

We have none :(

You have two good ones:
youtube.com/watch?v=AIZgw09CG9E
youtube.com/watch?v=03iwAY4KlIU

They simply don't exist anymore

W-what happened? :o

Compulsory education and urbanization

they became global blyat suka strikers.

Sounds sad 2bh.

There aren't good divisions of English dialects, though they certainly exist. I think the long Sup Forums vs short Sup Forums shows the north-south divide the best.

anything less than 6 whatever points away from standard sounds gross

West-Vlaams for life

What's with that 22 area?

Some hick area in North-Brabant, I guess
Beter dan Hollands

These maps are somewhat edited (mainly "fusing" certain dialects into groups) and I've skipped African varieties because I'm clueless about them, but they should give you guys some idea on Galician+Portuguese dialects.

I can list some distinctive features if you want, but it would be a really long post.

After a thousand hours drawing, here's a cladogram.

Stuff worth mentioning:
*Yes, South American varieties are more related to Southern Portuguese, specially Alentejano. Plenty initial settlers were from there.
*Central Portuguese (specially Lisbon's) impacted a lot on other dialects. The ones in Brazil marked as 8, 16 and 13 specially.
*No, I didn't paint 12 orange for mistake. The island of Desterro was barely inhabited before Azoreans settled there in 17??. It's heavily influenced by 11 (Sulista), though.
*Center-Southern Brazilian is by itself an unholy mess. The branching goes something like {[(1,9)10](11,5)} or something like that.

That maps shit. It ignores city dialects.

wat

>noord zeeuws
>zuid zeeuws

Ben je nou godverdomme helemaal gek geworden. Als je al van de juiste versie afstapt waarin elk dorp zijn eigen dialect heeft, gebruikt dan op z'n minst nog de regionale dialecten van het zeeuws.

>hosternokke die is hlad hek ej

The post above is a map where I tried to divide Galician+Portuguese into the minimum amount of dialects.
The post below shows relationship between said dialects.

Rio has nothing to do with Bahia friend

Are the dialects with the austrian and italian border pure slovenian, or are they a mixture of german/slovenian and italian slovenian?

>Rio has nothing to do with Bahia
1. Usage of "hard R" in coda: checked. (The R in "carta" sounds more like the one in "carro" than the one in "caro")

2. Post-stress vowels are closed as fuck: checked. ("moço" sounds like [mo.su] for most BA and RJ, unlike [mo.sʊ] in SP and [mo.so] in PR).

3. Lack of certain vocabulary distinctions due to higher context usage. This is obvious regarding food (doce/geléia, bolacha/biscoito), but as well for other stuff (bexiga/bola - when context isn't disponible, you guys say "bola de encher").

4. Heavy tendency to shift "não" [negation particle] to after the verb. Nowhere as strong in RJ as in MG and BA, but still present. (In most other places, sentences as "quero não" sound completely ungrammatical)

One can go as far as say that RdJ's accent is pretty much Salvador's plus recent Central Portuguese influence. It makes sense considering Salvador was the older capital.

City dialect generally have something in common with the surrounding areas.
I don't know about you guys, but we (used to) have different dialects for different boroughs

All you need to know is that the gub'ment killed them

Western Japanese was a standard language before Modern period.

My dialect is Sulista (11, inside the blue group). It's a heavily conservative subset of what I called Central-Southerner.

Some interesting features:
*Some people on the countryside still use archaisms as despois (depois, "after") and entonce (então, "then"). This is stigmatized.
*Strong R (Rato, caRRo) can be /h/ or /r/ (like in Spanish).
*End-syllable R (caRta) can be retroflex (like in English; stigmatized), a tap (like in AmE boTTle) or a middle ground (alveolar approximant - most common).
*Post-stressed vowels (bolO, pedE) were kept open for most speakers, like in Galician but unlike in most other Portuguese dialects.
*/ti di/ can sound as tee dee, tsee dzee or even chee jee depending on the region.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Languages_of_India
>According to Census of India of 2001, India has 122 major languages and 1599 other languages.

>India has 122 major languages and 1599 other languages
>India is the second most populous country in the world, with over 1.3 billion people
Well, that's fair