22c/44t Xeons BTFO by stock threadripper

>22c/44t Xeons BTFO by stock threadripper.
Oy vey. Delet.

Other urls found in this thread:

ranker.sisoftware.net/show_run.php?q=c2ffc9ef8eefd2ebdbe8dbefc9bb86b690f590ad9dbbc8f5c5&l=en
tomshardware.com/reviews/-intel-skylake-x-overclocking-thermal-issues,5117.html
intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/specification-updates/2nd-gen-core-desktop-specification-update.pdf
intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/specification-updates/3rd-gen-core-desktop-specification-update.pdf
intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/specification-updates/4th-gen-core-family-desktop-specification-update.pdf
intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/specification-updates/desktop-mobile-5th-gen-core-family-spec-update.pdf
intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/specification-updates/desktop-6th-gen-core-family-spec-update.pdf
intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/specification-updates/7th-gen-core-family-spec-update.pdf
intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/specification-updates/xeon-e5-family-spec-update.pdf
intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/specification-updates/xeon-e5-v2-spec-update.pdf
intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/specification-updates/xeon-e5-v3-spec-update.pdf
intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/specification-updates/xeon-e5-v4-spec-update.pdf
intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/specification-updates/xeon-e7-8800-4800-2800-families-specification-update.pdf
intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/specification-updates/xeon-e7-v2-spec-update.pdf
intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/specification-updates/xeon-e7-v3-spec-update.pdf
intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/specification-updates/xeon-e7-v4-spec-update.pdf
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=ryzen-segv-continues&num=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I agree that TR makes the entire Xeon lineup obsolete 20 cores and down if you don't care for support.
But Sandra is a really garbage benchmark

It's selling like hotcakes already. That is crazy high placement for a $1000 CPU.

>ranker.sisoftware.net/show_run.php?q=c2ffc9ef8eefd2ebdbe8dbefc9bb86b690f590ad9dbbc8f5c5&l=en
DELID

Nuclear clocks on the 7900X

delid your thread op

I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMOOOOOOOOOOORE

That's pretty low clocks. Unless it's conventional cooling. With LN2 that thing should easily go over 5GHz.

How is Linux support for thread ripper?

That thing is already north of 300 watts at those clocks

which is nothing.

tell that to the boards VRMs that resiliently try to melt themself at this power draw

properly cool them.

Same as ryzen 7

If you're doing that level of OCing you can afford to mount some fans or even water cool your VRMs

low clocks on 7900x with so many cores...

you had 0 on physics eh

SHUT IT DOWN NOW

7900x runs at 4ghz stock, a measly 10% OC is already pushing thermals, have you missed all the skylake-x coverage about this?

These things get so hot you can't even stress test them properly.

Yeah, they are low clocks. You can easily go over 5GHz with LN2.

Yes with air cooling or low level water cooling.

I'm not retarded though if I'm pushing 250w+ through a CPU and VRMs I expect to be cooling them adequately.

what about a 340mm rad at 30mm deep.
Shouldn't that cool it down?

and then your motherboard traces start melting because the board manufacturers were not notified that the board would have to feed >300W to the socket. Or the socket itself starts to melt, as happened with many overclocked 8350s when they were drawing that much power. 300W isn't nothing. No sane person would clock a 10c part that high. There's no reason to.

NO IT CAN'T BE!!! I JUST MORTGAGED MY HOUSE FOR A XEON!!

>There's no reason to.
Says who? More performance is always needed.

480mm rad is low level watercooling? Tom's had to use a fucking COMPRESSOR for theirs at 4.6Ghz because their AIO amd custom loop failed.

Come on dude. There is being tech illiterate, and then there is this. You're going full retard.

If you want to talk about "no reason", there is literally no reason for a normal person to buy Intel Skylake-X platform. Ever. If you're not OCing one on LN2 for sick scores, then you have no excuse to own it at all. So fuck off with your "no sane person would clock a 10c part that high". No "sane" person would buy this in the first place, fuckwad.

Holocaust 2.0

NOOOO I GAVE UP MY FIRST BORN FOR A 22c XEON NOOOOOO HOW WILL I TELL MY WIFES SONS MOTHER NOW

No sane person would buy a xeon? Not very bright are you.

that could be remedied though but a water cooled cooling plate on the back of the motherboard

that case is going to be the EATX case with or maybe even two of them.

I've seen FX9590 setups run super cool with this set up with a max temp of 65C at Max OC
Just how much heat are we talking here?

you must be retarded

>4k usd server cpu btfo by 1k usd desktop cpu
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Let's hear it for the incredible shrinking clockspeeds. The 18 core CPU will probably only be 40% faster than the 10 core due to the massive disparity. Of course, it'll still cost twice as much. Intel!

If I wasn't bright, I'd actually be buying this garbage.

Bulldozer was soldered, this isn't.

DELE DIS

Also, speaking of not bright. We aren't even talking about the Xeons. Nobody should buy those. Not even LN2 OCers.

who will buy xeons when threadripper and epyc is well above them costing less and having less tdp ?
yeah you guessed right the imaginery intel buyers

Intel cpus are battle tested. Fuck off goyim.

i can imagine they are full of battle scars and burned pins

Xeons are still prefered for rotational databases, EPYC doesn't fare to well there due to the MCM design.

Let's not pretend Xeons are useless just because EPYC is impressive

>Just how much heat are we talking here?
We are talking "massively inefficient thermal transfer" levels of heat. tomshardware.com/reviews/-intel-skylake-x-overclocking-thermal-issues,5117.html

>yfw Intel user
>yfw happy AMD can finaly bring some competition

Coffe lake 6c/12t here I come

Are these Skylake-X xeons or Broadwell Xeons?

I want to see some specs and pricing before I start hyping up Coffee Lake.

why not just switch to AMD?

It's another iteration of kabylake/skylake so clockspeeds should be good

Skylake -EP

cause he believes that intel will provide low tdp with monster high clocks

Because on the gamer side of things, which I mainly use my cpu for, Intel is still king.

Although I wouldn't argue that the 1600 isn't the best bang for buck because it is.

Except it has two more cores and the same TDP, which means lower clocks and worse OC because they still put toothpaste under the lid.

You can get more performance by buying a different part. You might even end up saving money by buying a part that doesn't require an equal value in cooling equipment. You might even end up saving money by not replacing parts every few weeks from the extreme electrical stress you're putting them under.

...you're seriously saying my argument is wrong by claiming that nobody is going to use these things? And I'm going full retard?

At that point you're wasting a ton of money on cooling and there's still no guarantee that it's enough, since the motherboards themselves are probably going to fail. Remember that the boards weren't designed with these parts in mind. Some of the boards may not be able to deal with the nominal power draw of certain Skylake-X parts, let alone overclocked parts.

Seriously guys, the board manufacturers themselves are upset they weren't notified about what was coming with Skylake-X and you think you're just going to add a bunch of fans and be fine? Take a hint.

the 7800k doesn't have any problems reaching 4.5 ghz either, so I'm not too worried, and if temps are a problem I can Always...delid

It's still mayonaise but now with more cores, it's also denser than skylake-x and thus will be harder to cool.

>it's also denser than skylake-x
It isn't, it's also made on a 14nm node

Thanks user

Goodness its the damn TIM
For fucks sake who's stupid idea was this?

>For fucks sake who's stupid idea was this?

And it will still be the best, because of the clockspeed advantage.

If you are looking for efficiency or low thermals, you shouldn't be looking for cpu's with those kind of clock speeds anyway.

To each their own

it saves them 0.1$ per CPU user. Why can't you understand their sound economic decision?

To be fair, it's a workstation CPU.

just wish they would test them before launch

intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/specification-updates/2nd-gen-core-desktop-specification-update.pdf
intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/specification-updates/3rd-gen-core-desktop-specification-update.pdf
intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/specification-updates/4th-gen-core-family-desktop-specification-update.pdf
intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/specification-updates/desktop-mobile-5th-gen-core-family-spec-update.pdf
intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/specification-updates/desktop-6th-gen-core-family-spec-update.pdf
intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/specification-updates/7th-gen-core-family-spec-update.pdf

intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/specification-updates/xeon-e5-family-spec-update.pdf
intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/specification-updates/xeon-e5-v2-spec-update.pdf
intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/specification-updates/xeon-e5-v3-spec-update.pdf
intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/specification-updates/xeon-e5-v4-spec-update.pdf
intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/specification-updates/xeon-e7-8800-4800-2800-families-specification-update.pdf
intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/specification-updates/xeon-e7-v2-spec-update.pdf
intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/specification-updates/xeon-e7-v3-spec-update.pdf
intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/specification-updates/xeon-e7-v4-spec-update.pdf

It's denser, 6 core coffee will be around 150mm2 at most, skylake-x LCC die is twice the size at 308mm2, and that's a CPU only die, the coffeelake shares around half of its tiny die with a GPU, so probably around 80-90mm2 for the x86 parts.
You're not cooling that at high clocks, no way in hell, Intel can't beat physics

As Always, I will await the benchmarks and see for myself.

you are actually thinking that doffe is actually a new cpu?

You're making no sense.

You actually think Intel would rebrand the same CPUs twice?

twice? as far as anyone with a decent understanding goes its 4th time already

I don't think its full rebrand I think it might be a refresh of one of the skylake -x chip'sthere are a few mods I can think of at the top of my head that might help limit heat output.

there is a few ways to cheat pyshics its not all black and white.
But if they keep using that shit TIM they can forget any gains.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HUEMONKEYS BTFO

Because clock speeds are lower. AMD struck gold with IF. It somehow allows relatively high clocks while having shitload of cores.

UMA DELICIA

SOPA DE MOCACO

OY VEEEEEEYYY

>7900X @ 4.52GHz

>r5 2600 comes along
>7nm 5GHz process
>compatible with existing AM4 motherboards
>Meanwhile Coffee lake stuck on a dead socket
Think ahead user

>workstation
>almost all of the motherboards available for it come with RGB LEDs and gamer-related names

ryzen series would infinitely destroy intel if their next revision can hit 4.5ghz.

Zen's IPC is extremely high that they keep comparing 3.7 OC'd ryzens to 5.1ghz 7700k and the results are still hilarious against intel.

DELET THIS NOW GOY

ryzen 2 will be a full blown second shoah if its on 10nm

Zen2 is in 7nm LP.

I think we can all agree that the features of the chip determine whether or not it is workstation class and not the propensity of chinks to put LEDs on the motherboard.

T. Retard

>How is Linux support for X?

lol

Good goy, remember to buy a new $300 mobo

No. Skylake X and Broadwell E are way to big to be repurposed as a consumer CPU. Not possible for the prices. Their top of the line consumer CPU must be a fully unlocked ship, not one with 40% disabled cores.

>22c56t beats 16c32t
WOAH I NEVER WOULD HAVE GUESSED

It's the 28c 56t on top, which is Intel's latest flagship Xeon. Learn to read.

Also the flagship Xeon is only 15% faster, lol.

The IF itself actually has only indirect influence on power consumption. The MCM approach allows for better binning. It might be a bit more power efficient than intels mesh, but that's talking out of my ass.

The power saving features and process are responsible for zen being so efficient. They got their power saving features on track while saving what could be saved on bulldozer, and the process itself helps too. While it has somewhat of a hard wall at 4GHz, the sweetspot is also relatively high and the CPUs always operate close to it

don't forget

Hoo boy, that gave me a chuckle

SEGMENTATION FAULT

UMA

DELICIA

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=ryzen-segv-continues&num=1

>As a result of feedback, currently working on some updated results. As some have pointed out, the conftest segmentation faults aren't specific to Ryzen, so updating the tests to avoid confusion.

EXCLUA ISSO AGORA MESMO!

Hahaha! So funny laughing at Brazillians! SO FUNNY LOL!

S O P A M A C A C O

Cool yourself you Hue cannibal glueater.