Hey Sup Forums

Hey Sup Forums
Found these at recycler.

Which things should I take home?

take the keyboard and chuck the rest of that shit back in the trash

The keyboard.

As much as you possibly can. If you can only save one system, make sure it is the XT.

Fuck you.

So the xt? What about the rest?

Save the PS/2 so you can mail the floppy drive to me because I can't repair drives worth a shit nor I can either solder.

Anything worth in here?

if you're going to get the XT, the RTC card with the battery on it is worthy enough...

I wonder what's the card behind it though.

>blue alps keyboard
Take that shit. You are very very lucky.

>tfw agree with others for keyboard
Am I finally Sup Forums techhy approved?

Explain

?

20 MB winchester. This is a BEAST

The Mexicans arrived and are clearing House.
Atleast I got some good shit.

What do I do with this Sup Forums?

check them double dubs

Take the case and mod it.

Use IRC in style, play old games, install Linux on them, etc.

>Model F
Hell yes.

Is this bait? you found a container full of rare mechanical keyboards? wtf OP

That IBM XT goes on eBay for at least $350.

the hard drive might also be worth it. assuming the heads haven't crashed from the rough handling

They were membrane so I didn't take them :)

I'm going to power wash the case later.
Dirty as heck.
If anyone remembers, I was the user who showed my other friend the recycling place and we power washed two ibm model f's

I left, the hard drives were old, probably not worth it

>Power washing a computer

A keyboard.
It worked fine afterwards.
I'll try to post webm's later :)

Now the computer, I would only power wash the casing lol. I'm not a retard

>blue alps keyboard

Forget the keeb. It's outdated shit.

Anyone have a link to the archive of ?

I'll make webm's in a few hours

Reminder that I got the best IBM product OP

Fucking retard, that would be a top notch system in box. Even then 350 is stretching it.

Is that a Bichin' fast 3D?

Looks more like some CGA card.

Extremely rare keyboard albeit disgusting but still blue alps

>the color of the whites
HUNNNGGGG
Its not all yellow, nice finds

Give it back, Zack.

PS/2's don't yellow
XT's are painted

That's not a blue Alps keyboard you goons, just because one switch looks like that, it literally has a membrane under it

oh. some of my metal cases are really yellow compared to those

smokers and not natural UV yellowing

What keyboard?

XT is the most valuable
thats an 8086 ps/2 (i just got one a few days ago), theyre uncommon but not turbo rare and not worth too much money, especially not with parts missing

the keyboard isnt anything special, but you'd probably want one for the xt

the tower is neat, but again, not that special

What can you even do with such an old computer?

/

Nothing a little power washing won't fix ;)
IBM model F, XT version

Everything you could back in the day. What kind of stupid question is that, underage much?

> especially not with parts missing
the 40-pin floppy drives though. Literally nobody sells them online without private buy or trade

>not natural UV yellowing
tfw tanning beds give computers cancer too

>IBM model F, XT version
Very cool, thanks man. I wish I could find a similar setup.

when i get around to making some 720k floppies (literally just googled how to format a 1.44mb into 720k) im gonna load it up with PC DOS, and probably some office programs and stuff.
I dont have any ISA video cards or sound cards so no games until i get those, it also may need more than the stock 640k of ram

its not so much of keeping it around for what it can do, its more of keeping it around for the sake of preservation
its in really good shape and id like to keep it around a showpiece
those proprietary connections are a pain in the ass, they require a pretty annoying adapter or a whole new floppy disk controller and new floppy drives if shit doesnt work

>it also may need more than the stock 640k of ram
Not really, you're not going to run any newer games on that 8086 anyways

>they require a pretty annoying adapter or a whole new floppy disk controller and new floppy drives if shit doesnt work
Even worse.

I have a Model 70, where a new drive controller is impossible because all my slots are MCA, and all my floppy drives that fit in the thing are long gone, in butchered state.

Since I can't boot into the Reference Disk without a floppy drive, this machine is pretty much worthless. Hence why I gaze over with jealousy at those who have working PS/2's

There are MCA floppy drive controls on eBay from time to time

>when i get around to making some 720k floppies (literally just googled how to format a 1.44mb into 720k) im gonna load it up with PC DOS
If you're going to use a machine with a 1.44MB drive, just write the image on them with rawrite or related. You don't even need to format them.
Heck, you probably don't even have DD floppies, you can write the image in a 1.44MB drive even without covering up the 720KB hole, you still should though.

It's a Focus rebrand. Those might be TW/Omron clones or something instead but it's a mech board.

ive got some 1.44mb floppies, and ive got a bunch of 1mb floppies with ironically, PC-DOS 5.0
the full setup and boot disk too
RIP me

my thinkpad 380ED is old enough where i should be able to format some 1.44mb ones as 720k, if not i can just do it on the G40 via command prompt
that also makes things easier because i can actually download things on that PC, i dont have the ethernet card for the 380ED anymore so i have to move things to it via floppy

the point I'm making is that to configure an MCA card to be recognized at all, you have to use the reference disk.

No drives, no way, well... I'm in a big pothole, I guess.

You sure? Doesn't it at first pick it up as a single 720KB drive and you can go on from there?

>my thinkpad 380ED is old enough where i should be able to format some 1.44mb ones as 720k
All 1.44MB drives can format 720KB floppies. Some USB controllers can't.
Just use a DOS or Windows floppy writing software and get PC DOS images of off winworldpc.

It's literally a 20 minute job, I can't imagine why you haven't done it already.

because im lazy, i gotta dig out the 380ED, gotta get my 1.44mb floppies, gotta do the command prompt format thing on top of the tape trick to make them into 720k disks, then i gotta load em up with all the PC-DOS files, which is a pain on its own, i also need the config disk

its just a matter of "i cant be assed to spend 20 minutes setting up old computers"

Take everything

A E S T H E T I C S

keyboard and keyboard alone.

>found
Give them back Tyrone

Please stop hoarding garbage, user.

I know, I should stop.
My house is very clean though so it ain't that bad