Redesign the modern computer keyboard

What changes would make to the now standard full PC keyboard?

Basically ANSI with Num Lock actually being used more, Right alt to alt gr, and caplock and backspace swapped

best keyboard coming through

REISUB

Simple.

Ortholinear.

None. Your keyboard is the perfect one, OP. The enter button is the correct size, everything is properly positioned, it is the best keyboard.

Dvorak

programmer's dvorak

>who needs brackets

this is literally the perfect keyboard

protip: you can't prove me wrong

>still having the lights
enjoy your blot

>this is literally the perfect keyboard
>protip: you can't prove me wrong

No scroll lock, far from perfect

kek'd

Nobody has managed to improve on the ergodox yet

what the hell does scroll lock even do

Add emojis

So the arrow keys scroll the screen instead of moving the cursor.

add 36 more F# keys, diagonal arrow keys, a left numpad, and split where the spacebar is now into a left space, an additional shift key (in the middle), and a right space.

>LOOK MA, I HAVE ATTAINED THE NEXT STAGE OF AUTISM
t. post

maybe in 1986

Move the numpad to the left so I don't have to do 10 hours of yoga a week just to reach the mouse.

this is the perfect keyboad layout. anything less and it feels like shit. anything more and it'a waste of desk space.

noose yourself

Still works today in grown up software pleb

how slim are ya shoulders?
no numpad , GTFO

google emoji keyboard tom scott
watch all videos from him about it including "the art of the bodge"

wonderful videos

>fn/ctrl placement
Why the fuck did they do it? There's no fucking reason. I love my thinkpad but i fucking hate this placement. If there was a genuine reason i would be more understanding but it's about as much of a special snowflake move as everything apple does, fuck.

The Masterkeys Pro M is literally this.

This, though not necessarily with that layout. There is no reason to continue to have the keys staggered after all these years as you no longer have to work the mechanism of a typewriter. Having all the keys in line with your fingers instead of at random angles is objectively more ergonomic. Also split it down the middle so you don't have to kink your wrists to use it, they figured out this shit over a decade ago it should be standard by now.

unironically this

>cant use numpad without taking hands off mouse or squeezing my manboobs

ISO Colemak is the new standard

swap capslock and escape.
the way it currently is is truly the worst

keyboard autism right here.

Split keyboard with a trackball in the middle?

there is a reason. in the dark if you can't see your keyboard you just habe to press the bottem left and the top right keys to activate ThinkLight
I like it that way honestly. I rarely use Ctrl anyways

as a German programmer I just wanted to tell you guys how much I despise QWERTZ

I mean look at this shit
>having to press AltGr+8 and AltGr+9 to get square brackets
>having to press AltGr+ß to get backslash
>having to press AltGr to get anything useful out of the keyboard
truly a pleb layout

I switched to US int a long time ago.
As a bonus, having Umlaute on altgr-q, altgr-y, altgr-p feels a lot more natural than having to reach over to [;''. Though deadkeys can be a bit annoying.

My Master M

I've been using US for dev purposes for years. I only switch to QWERTZ when I have to type something in German because I might need ÄÖÜ

Nothing

As I said, I find that ÄÖÜ is actually easier to type on US int than on QUERTZ. You should give it a try.

I guess it takes some time to get used to. Currently it feels like it's interrupting my flow. On the other hand, switching keyboards intterrupts my flow even worse...

Force extra keys for Russia. Some spineless retard allowed the use of standard English one without considering that Russian language has more letters. As a result, we have it crammed with a some symbols inaccessible. And there is the tragedy of upper case comma - it is used a lot in Russian.

Soviet Union keyboards were extended. Plus look at the Japanese, they forced their keyboards just fine.

And of course, QWERTY and ЙЦУКEH layouts are baby duck syndrome garbage.

Kinesis advantage with a trackball plopped on top

This, or an Ergodox.

They're not, I just like to have the letters part of the keyboard centered.

You can switch keyboard language easily in Windows/OS X at least as there is a keyboard shortcut for it.

My proposition for a new standard