Is there a point to owning a UMPC...

Is there a point to owning a UMPC? Sup Forums shilling is making me want something of this factor just for out and about word processing when I don't want to carry a full laptop.

While whipping this thing out would be autistic, it is no worse than a keyboard and smartphone combo.

GPD pockets are too expensive.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=82k_R5UsT00
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I still think the Libretto's sexy af
How has no one replaced its guts with a raspberry yet

Can it run Doom and/or Quake?

/retro/ threads have brainwashed me too, and I want a libretto. I tell myself it's to play diablo and age of empires and ??? but I just don't know if I would even use it, and just go on the internet on my phone

fucking hell mate when and where would this even be useful?

Cafe or airport if I want to write things. Im basically inventing a use case to justify a purchase but there are some rare situations where it would be more convenient for me than a laptop.

Don't you have a smart phone?

Yeah but as mentioned a phone and keyboard is arguably less convenient.

I want one too but no, there is no point. I had a libretto before but after you install shit on it it never gets used.

It's not. A phone with touchtype is more convenient than a UMPC.

*masturbates furiously*

yes but only in 720p in 30 fps

Just get a small laptop like the x201.

>p
as opposed to interlaced?

I have this exact Libretto model with an AZERTY keyboard, but the screen is fucked (loads of dead rows/columns) and the trackpoint doesn't work. Only good for the trash now I think

do any of you even leave the house

>ten fingers and physical keyboard less efficient
>two thumbs and touch screen more efficient

I don't know what planet you're from but they will never reach the space age

It'll turn heads...in a bad way. My x220 gets scoffs and snide comments like "Whoa, that's old," and it's a perfectly functional computer with modern operating system, wireless internet, 12gb ram, etc. If you carry around something that looks like a netbook, you better be the type that nonchalantly eats his foot-callus in public (in other words, you need thick skin).

leave that kid alone

just fucking swap the keys to qwerty and plug the fucker in a docking station and connect to vga monitor. Simple as fuck and way better than throwing this cunt in the bin. Also, you can still get replacement TFT screens for this fucker on egay

>How has no one replaced its guts with a raspberry yet

DELET THIS

>in other words, you need thick skin

To not get upset by someone commenting on the age of the hardware you carry is considered having thick skin these days?

>GPD pockets are too expensive.

And the design and supposedly the build quality are lacking.

It was a pun.

Just the other day I saw some fag holding open a 15 inch laptop while waiting for the train at the 42nd street station. Which one of you fags was it?

If you have a place to put your laptop down, then you have space for one that's normal sized.
If you don't, then you are not using ten fingers.

Thoughts on this travesty?

I can see the many drawbacks of this device. What's the benefit of making it foldable?

It can run Starcraft BroodWar

youtube.com/watch?v=82k_R5UsT00

>What's the benefit of making it foldable?

Might fit in a large pocket. That's about it.