RX Vega rumored to be very good for mining

That aint satoshi nigga

Confirmed on latest Gamer Nexus video, 56 version 70mh/s; 64 version could go up to 100mh/s

I guess they fixed the memory bandwidth regression vs Fiji, since ETH hashrate is an entirely memory bound workload. Incidentally, so is gaming...

Water is also rumored to be wet.

>SHA-1 hash: Compute Error
Have they explained that yet?

Nope wasn't confirmed. Quit lying

Whats weird is for months everyone here was saying miners wouldnt buy Vega for mining because of HBM. When I pointed out people were using Furys and Fury Xs for mining no one ever responded, or just kept repeating that HBM cant mine. And now news articles are saying Vega is in fact good at mining. Does anyone on this fucking board know what they're talking about? The "Vega is bad at mining" meme was everywhere here despite evidence to the contrary, its ods how misinformation spreads.so quickly on Sup Forums

"Vega can't mine" was a meme. There was no realistic basis for it not being fucking good at it.

>Only 70 millihashes every second
Ayy, only a hash every 14 seconds, that's terrible mate.

Nope. Haven't explained the apparent massive regression in effective texture bandwidth vs. Fiji in Vega FE yet either, though if they actually fix the memory bandwidth issues I assume this will be fixed as a knock on consequence.

wtf I'm preordering 10 now

Wouldn't that partly be due to using fewer number of stacks of HBM?

HBM2 is supposed to operate at twice the frequency and thus give twice the bandwidth per stack. The question is, then, why does Vega FE appear to have ~20% less raw memory bandwidth than Fiji?

Until we know for sure whether those memory bandwidth issues are fixable in bios or drivers we are STILL basically totally in the dark about how Vega will perform in games because Vega's totally memory bound in gaming at the moment.

Prove it.

FIxed that for you.

>HBM2 is supposed to operate at twice the frequency and thus give twice the bandwidth per stack. The question is, then, why does Vega FE appear to have ~20% less raw memory bandwidth than Fiji?
BECAUSE ITS SHIT

bitcoins inventor was just an anagram for NSA, why do you think the algorithm breaks hashes?

you may panic now.

I guess RTG is deathmarching their driver team rn.
Your opinion is very important to us, Jensen.

b-but i am a amdfag i even own a 390x

>I guess RTG is deathmarching their driver team rn.
They better be. If they managed to fix the bandwidth issues then August 14th is going to be utterly hilarious.

Huehuehuehuehue

>utterly hilarious
I want to see miners and gamers beating the shit out of eachother in the streets trying to get their hands on these cards.

Fucking great, no more GPUs for the normal user or atleast not for a decent price.

Time to go the Console route.

kek

Well, the rx 580 will be available again, yay!

And there will be even many used and partly baked cheap cards, double yay!