4 x AMD Radeon Pro WX 9100s require 2 x 1250W PSUs

>The company was showing off a 4-way Radeon Pro WX 9100 system at SIGGRAPH, with each card worth $2199 - we have a system with $8796 worth of graphics cards. All four of these cards required AMD to use 2 x 1250W PSUs... and for the keen-eyed, you'll spot that AMD strapped a M.2 SSD to the first PSU, for reasons completely unknown to us.

tweaktown.com/news/58670/4-amd-radeon-pro-wx-9100s-require-2-1250w-psus/index.html

@

HOUSEFIRE CONFIRMED!

lel grabic grads . . .

lelel : D : D : D : D : D : D : D : D

Why would you need a workstation GPU in your house

>server grade gpu
>using in desktop
>tweaktown
Hide.

Pajeets on suicide watch!

No, I just pointed out that this is another uninteresting thread about a Sup Forums-tier subject.

SOPA?

Nobody cares. No one will use this config ever.

UMA DELICIA

>4x WX9100 - 1kW
>4x Quadro P6000 - 1kW
WOW. AMD BTFO.

Yeah that's nothing special. Quad Firepro s9170's gets rated at 1100 watts. It can draw around 1000 at peak load.
Prettt much any quad gpu config is this power hungry nowadays.
4x quadro p6000's also draw 900-1000w

DELET

perhaps it's because they need enough PCIe 8-pin connectors? They don't necessarily need the power 2500W of power.

Any computer-heavy GPU is going to require a lot of power, NVIDIA's high end GPUs aren't really different. The only reason why Geforce GPUs are so efficient is Nvidia just yanks out all the compute engines.

This is just grasping at straws now.

EBYN :DDDDDDDDDD

jesus christ, that must get HOT HOT HOT

and whats the deal with that ssd duck taped to the 1st psu? some kind of offering to the gods to avoid housefires?

Does it run Crysis?

Optimally since PSUs work best at 50-60% load you'd want a 2000-2300W PSU for 4x 250W cards + rest of system

Nothing unusual here.

>what is splicing
the number and shape of a pin on a connector isnt magic. 9 times out of 10 all of the wires in the cpu go to the same hand full of soldered connections for the exact same sources of 3.3,5,12,negatives, and grounds. Im sure im missing a few but Im not looking it up.

If one psu was enough, theyd just simply cut it apart and add more connecting points.

DELETE RIGHT NOW!. I DEMAND THIS OR I'M GOING TO CALL MY LAWYER!!

>vega is not efficient and doa

No shit, more news at 10

1,25 KILOWATT

K
W

Calm down Jensen.

Actually 2.5

How do you wankstains show up and post this shit after multiple people have explained this isn't out of the ordinary and it's not actually using those PSUs at full load?

IT'S EVEN WORST

>theyd just simply
Ah yes, let's nigger rig some pci-e cables instead of just buying 2 PSUs for our demo machine.

Nope

It's there to cool the PSU to avoid housefire.

>trying to fit in this hard

Note the Custom EK water block strapped to threadripper that covers all of the dies as opposed to the "COMPATIBLE" water coolers they are suggested other people use.

>""""""requires"""""" 2 x 1250W PSUs
Tweakertown bringing the clickbait again. Gotta feed that meth habit somehow.

If it really required 2500 watts each GPU would be using upwards of 500 watts. Which as others have explained is bullshit.

What's your point?

Threadrippers with default AIOs are going to be housefires.

Even the shitty ayylienware AIO only went up to 65c under synthetic load. It'll be fine.

Indian engineering at its finest

>180W for 16 cores, heat spreader the size of a fist
>Housefire
SOPA

SOPA DE MACACO
UMA DELICIA

>AMD strapped a M.2 SSD to the first PSU, for reasons completely unknown to us

kek

Idiots.

1 8 pin and 1 6 pin plus the PCIe power is 300w max for each card. that would hit the limit on a 1250w PSU as it leaves no room for the CPU.
That system can be powered by a single 1500w or 1600w PSU as would any high end 4 gpu setup would

Well it worked with a gpu so it might also work with other hardware.

they just needed 8 x 8-pin power connectors for the four graphics cards

gibberish and nonsense

512GB PSU Upgrade
yeah...

>He doesn't store his data on the power grid

will dis mine muh butcoins?

At $2200 each you're not likely to make your money back any time soon. These are for workstation use not muh mining meme.

wtf is with that taped m2 drive there?

the ssd is probably another operating system or configuration to swap out and they had to stick it somewhere

At the supposed 70MH/s that Vega 64 sees, I don't think it'd be that insane of an idea to see miners buying these up once the "gaming" vegas go out of stock

It's probably a clone of the OS. Makes sense that if the M.2 goes out you have a spare ready to go.

Its pretty fucking sad AMD is so poor they had to nigger rig a case like this rather than use one which was designed for multiple power suppies to be ran in parallel like some of the SuperMicro chassises.

next time they need to glue them instead of taping

>hur lets just run a mains cable inside the case of our opened up display unit and leave a second psu sitting in there haphazardly like a lazy af neet

Welcome to tradeshows.

WX 9100 is 6+8 pin

Still better than splicing cables like some nigger.

>mining bitcoin
>2017
>using gpu

My sister could build a PC better than this.

>m.2 on the PSU
Why in hell, Raja?

i think he means crypto in general , aka eth (heh well) sia , and other shitcoins you can turn into fiat

look on /biz/ its a shitfest but full of this stuff

It stores 2TB of electricity and uses it if there's a blackout

It's AMD. They are not details oriented.