Pen thread! what do you write with Sup Forums?

Pen thread! what do you write with Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Rhodia-Black-A5-dotPad-Geometric-Dot-Matrix-Grid-Note-Book-Pad-Graphic-Design-/121557847931?epid=1029753175&hash=item1c4d698f7b:g:0TwAAOSwbqpTzVx0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I use this and I like it. Probably pleb tier to you pen elitists but what ever.

What's that paper called? I like it. Will post my pens when I'm home later

looks cool, finer than most ballpoints right?

ebay.com/itm/Rhodia-Black-A5-dotPad-Geometric-Dot-Matrix-Grid-Note-Book-Pad-Graphic-Design-/121557847931?epid=1029753175&hash=item1c4d698f7b:g:0TwAAOSwbqpTzVx0

this desu

Is this some ironic amish thread? Pens are deprecated technology.

Typed using Fleksy on my Redmi note 4X.

I write with a generic lead-holder pencil I found in the street a few years ago. I get the leads/graphite from burning free Ikea pencils so the wood falls off and leaves only the graphite. I write on scrap paper I get from the local recycling center.

use a parker and have done since i lost my space pen. i would replace it but the parker cartridges are cheaper and work just as well imo

Pens are not deprecated, computers need electricity and are less portable.

damn, hows that paper though?

You should try a cheaper fountain pen with a converter and a bottled ink.

I'm this guy btw,
so thanks for the paper. Anyway. I've got a lamy fountain pen with a refillable cartridge, a small tip and two bottles of black ink (a small one for my backpack and the refill bottle at home, both glass). The ballpoint is a rotring rapid pro with a Parker cartridge inside since the original was shit.
For making small drafts and stuff like that I use the 3 different mechanical pencils on top. I think I'm good with this setup for the rest of my life

How good are these space pens? I like the idea of having a pen that just werks.

I was born with shaky hands, so as soon as I got out of school I stopped handwriting and never looked back.

Enjoy the free bump

Smartphones can be taken with you, they have batteries, grandpa

what kind of pape ris this, we don't have it here or at least I've never seen it in regular shops

Writing on paper is satisfying and there's nothing you can do about it. Besides, you look autistic as hell taking notes on your smartphone in a meeting

>what do you write with Sup Forums?
A keyboard

Lamy Safari with Waterman Serenity Blue Ink. It's such a fuckin ugly pen but it was 20 bucks and it writes well. Way better than any ballpoint or other disposable pen I've used.

Before the lamy I used the pilot g2.

apple pencil

I use a G2 and Alphagel with waterman inserts
werks great

Pilot V5 RT

Fuck caps

I have a pilot metro with waterman serenity blue but I rarely use it now. Bought some uniball signo 207s because I remembered them being good, but goddamn these fuckers skip too much now.

Uniball kuru toga is A#1

dat wobble tho

>Besides, you look autistic as hell taking notes on your smartphone in a meeting
Thanks to CIA niggers, no one makes communicators woth styleses at reasonable price.

I read about that before I got it but I've never noticed it

those are nice!

I bought a kuru toga for cheap from a supermarket, its a great pen, but i found it do wobble a bit.

Bic forever

I had one of those once, but it broke unfortunately :|

This man knows where it's at

Thank you user

My actual pen is a boring gel pen, so have a kuru toga.

>rotring
good shit.
kuru toga is also fantastic

I was contemplating between a redcircle (rotring clone) or a kuru toga.
Picked the kuru toga roulette in the end.

What is so good about it? I have bad experiences with thin-leaded mechanical pencils and only use thick ones like these

and i'm still using it at age 25

Consider introducing yourself to the concept of a space

lamy swift + lamy econ reporting in. Rate!
Lamy econ (((blue))) a lil bit low atm.

>tfw lefty
You righties will never experience the pain of blue smudges and blue palms.

can't be fucked to fix my writing, i have almost no use for it as a neet, even back in school i wrote on a netbook since 2009 becouse they diagnosed me with dysgraphia

picrel is actually focused on the pen if anybody cares

free bank pen

I don't like those pens. There's technically nothing wrong with them, they're crafted well and look very nice, but I find them uncomfortable to hold. Do you have that issue, too?

>uses a fancy pen
>can't even write in cursive

I use this, no fucks given

Absolutely disgusting.

>spend all that time learning cursive in elementary school
>the teachers all told us we'd have to use it for every assignment ever for the rest of our lives
>computers happen
>cursive is never spoken of again
Inb5 signature

>>spend all that time learning cursive in elementary school

It just took less than one year in 2nd grade.

How much time did you spend on it? Also laptops weren't allowed until college and even then it depended on the teacher. I did use it for the rest of my life.

i use a rhodia no. 18 a4 pad, a lamy studio, a rOtring 600, and a karas kustoms bolt as EDC gear but i keep a bunch of other fountain pens/normal pens/pencils in my bag

Muji .5 Ink Pen

I laught at Americans that can't write in normal people's handwriting 2bh

How do people like the pilot Vanishing point/capless? Was thinking of getting one, but not sure about reports that the clip gets in the way..

Oh look, it's that monthly writing instrument thread again...

>demonstrators masterrace

Bicshits BTFO

At some point I should learn how to write

I started using uniballs a couple years ago, most of my english and art teachers used them.

The BLX versions with darkened colored inks are prime, especially the dark purple.

>Probably pleb tier
No. The vision elite are great

I've been using the Uni Ball Signo 207 Retractable Gel Pen with Medium Tip for nearly 20 years now.

Literally
LITERALLY
the first thing I find

I can drink beer, fix my ThinkPad and write stuff down. And also measure my dick with it.

Is loving Lain related to v7 ?

Pilot e95s and Parker sonnet

Pens are Bulow X750s from xfountainpens.com. I've got a Lamy Al-Star on the way as an early birthday present to myself. I've had both pens since 2010.

Actually those are Jinhaos, you most likely overpaid for those

This is the best pen refill.

While you are correct about them being Jinhao's, I can assure I didn't over pay for them. They cost me 10 bucks each, I call them
Bulows because that's the name on the nib.

Friend has some silver pen with gold accents, worth $800 apparently. He never uses it though. Why do people buy expensive pens but not use them?

moreover, why do people buy non-generic pens in general if they cant write in cursive?

Pens are often seen as status symbols in the corporate world. If your friend has an $800 pen, I doubt he's flipping burgers at McDonalds.

>Cool pens
>Disgusting handwriting

I bought a fisher space pen recently. I guess I was curious about the meme. I like the form factor but I think the refill is kind of shit. Went back to a pen that costs 20x less, this -

Everything they make is p nice

Pilot or Platinum?

Cursive is faster to write in if you actually develop proficiency in it.

Which can take quite some time. I can write in cursive and sometimes it's hard to read what I wrote.

Not my fault you write like shit. Russians can read their cursive.

Montblanc 224 and 0.35 Rotring 600.

Get on my level.

Wow, way to be toxic on the internet. Like I give a shit.

Beautiful pen, I hope to get one someday. Current using a Lamy 2K

Pretty good, but the one I have is pretty small and can be awkward to use for extended amounts of time. But the good part is you can throw it in your pocket and it's there when you need it (if you can find it)

I've got the plastic one, how's the heft and feel of the metal on the roulette?
I'm wanting to get some metal pencils that'll last longer and just feel better.

Anyone know of any good, metal, mechanical pencils in 0.5 or 0.9 that won't break the bank?

Are parker pen refills good or are they memes like the space pen ones.

The only metal part of the Kuru Toga Roulette is the grip, so it's not really metal.

If you want a good metal mech for cheap get the GraphGear 1000 or the Staedtler 925 25. They usually go below $10 in Amazon.

Yea, that's what I saw in the reviews, which is why I opted for the all plastic one, but still, the grip is the part you're touching the most and i'd figure more weight would be there, despite aluminum being light.
Thanks for the recommendations.

Zebra F-701 desu

>le pens are technology meme
pens aren't technology faggoy

>"...equipment developed from scientific knowledge"
uuuuuuuuum think again sweaty ;)

Fuck off, these monthly pen/mechanical pencil threads are one of the few threads I can relate to.

Pilot Falcon also fuck my handwriting

There may be some plastic on it but the feel is completely different from the cheaper ones. It feels nice in the hand with some great weight and balance.

@all Kuru Toga roulette owners
How the hell do you keep this thing clean? Mines starting to get some dust and skin on the grip, but the knurled texture is a bitch to clean. Any tips?

I don't write with it often but I have this Pilot pen because I wanted to try a fountain pen out, I wish I'd bought a more aesthetic one instead though, this one looks too basic

maybe an old toothbrush or a course towel and some harsh rubbing with some isopropyl alcohol would clean that out.

I never use mine so it's not a problem for me.

Even though I carry my phone everywhere, typing on a virtual screen is hard, especially cramped into just a few square inches of space.
Typed using Gboard on my Moto Z Force.

Writing averages 15 WPM where smartphone typing hits 60.

Not him, but the main advantage of writing to me is that you can easily draw shit. You can on a phone, but it's shit.

Using this for years because of telescopic design so it's pocket friendly and won't stab you when sitting down.

Will probably order few chink pens just for fan.

If smartphones were more ergonomic I would be fine with using them. Problem is that phones are too cramped and as a result any virtual keyboards suck. If there was (or maybe is) a product that could write well and still succeed commercially then writing lots of text at a time (or lots of text in general because it's hard to preview on smalp screens) then phones would be more viable. But napkin notes are much easier with pens, and big things are easier on paper or just on a PC.

Those little things are really a big piece to pay for a factor 4 slowdown, having to fiddle with physical paper, not being able to copy, not having pixel perfect text, not being able to send etc. Etc.

Depends on what kind of notes you take. I need to draw like 90% of the time, so paper's better for me.
Besides, you keep ignoring other shit things of phones. And it's not like you can't do both.