Anyone else here born in a country that no longer exists?

Anyone else here born in a country that no longer exists?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tBVDdr3wqm4
youtube.com/watch?v=M60OI5nZ2LM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No, Rhodesian?

Yes, from Salisbury.

No. Where were you born?

Were you old enough to remember any of it?

If only the UK didn't blockade goods to Rhodesia, if it makes you feel better I purchased a Rhodesian flag six months ago

Yes I was 27 when Mugabe took power.

i can't even imagine the existential pain that must cause

Does the USSR count?

Yeah. I also speak a language that no longer exists.

>Turns a massive shithole into the breadbasket of Africa
>Never actually acted as a ''racist'', not even a single time during his political life
>Actually treats blacks in the area better than blacks themselves did, they now have health care and a chance at being something in life
>Constantly slandered and labeled by Western Media as a ''hateful imperialist racist''
>Queen tells him to go fuck himself
>Makes a statement that if his Western brothers would like to join him he'd gladly be their friend again
>Rhodesian soldiers have one of the best records on modern warfare
>still held up for as long as they could
>Nowadays Western faggots cry about muh rapefugees and muh hordes of immigrants

Give me a single fucking reason why the Western World SHOULD NOT be invaded by nigs and muslims?

Well guess what idiots, you deserve it.
Why did you morons turn your backs on Ian Smith? Why did you not help Rhodesia in its time of need?

This still brings tears to my eyes. I've told my children to play it at my funeral.

youtube.com/watch?v=tBVDdr3wqm4

What happened when he took over?
Karelian? Sami?

>56 years old and posting on Sup Forums

I'm 35.

No. SFR Yugoslavia, Serbo-Croatian

Me and my siblings left for South Africa. I came to New Zealand, my sister went to Australia, and my youngest brothers still live in South Africa.

So?

>35

Damn

srbija do tokija

>tfw you will most likely still be posting here in your mid 30's aswell

When Mugabe dies, what do you think will happen??

Another corrupt dictator will take over. Change will never come without international intervention. The sad thing is life was objectively better in every way under Rhodesian rule, yet westerners will never admit to this and apologize for what they did to the country.

>tfw born in America

youtube.com/watch?v=M60OI5nZ2LM

America is not a country.
damn. I hope the Rhodies in South Africa move back with the help of the South African army.
Fuck Mugabe.

What's the problem? I used to post on newsgroups and BBSs in the 90s. I prefer anonymous boards like this and cripple chan.

>South Africa restoring Rhodesia
Not while the ANC is still in power

One of those rare times that the good guys lose.

How many men would it take to take it back?

Enough to knock the wind out of the Mugabe establishment. Then there will be defections (If propaganda is successful)

Could white rule be reestablished?

If enough actually decide to come back. But it's been decades, and they might have already settled down elsewhere or are too old.

I was born in Yugoslavia(Serbia) in December 1992 but my parents high tailed it out to the US where my mother had family in 95 when she was pregnant with my sister. My parents never like to talk about it, they just say "We started fresh here" and "The past is in the past, the future is whats important". Gets frustrating because I am genuinely curious about my dad's side of the family who I've never knew and the subject is incredibly taboo. Can't ask my dad because he ditched the family when I was 8 and died from alcoholic liver disease when I was 12.

I recently found my grandfather's war diaries that detailed the things he never wanted to talk about.

You probably don't want to know.

No but there's lots of Yugoslavs here who escaped the wars of the 90s.

Thought on Ian Smith and his legacy?

Yeah I know it isn't pretty but the question still irks me. Funny thing is my sister doesn't give a flying fuck about any of it.

story tiem

>my sister doesn't give a flying fuck about any of it.

Women care about food and babies. Men care about history. It may sound crass but it's true too often.

Essentially his story was that he had just been a mechanic working on repairing planes (he became a machinist after). In reality he fought in several ground campaigns and saw action in the field, and also did a little bit of repair work on the side at one point.

I was pretty young when I read it and I don't know where my mother put the journals, so that's about all I can remember. It was pretty sad to know (we only found out after he died) how much it had impacted him in his life.

I guess after being shelled by nazis you don't really worry about the small stuff as much.

Good guys are losing all the time ausbro

lol racist

sounds like he was a bad ass

He was.

A shame he died before I really got the chance to meet him.

The polish were actually pretty cool.

Yes

I was born in Great Britain.

Born to parents who no longer exist

Born in the last years of the USSR, still have my Soviet birth certificate

>Tfw my family lived 10 times better in the USSR then now

How was life before 1800?

Must have been great being a high-ranking commie jew fuck in the USSR.

Batman?

Bane?

Everyone posting inside the EU.

Shut up blood diamond

>t. Former colony

And we will rise again.

Żydokomuna.

I'm from a country that came into existence after I was born.

And how old are you wasting the best years of your life on this website shut up faggot.

Australia isn't a country because it's officially the Commonwealth of Australia.

Soon.

:(

Yeah, I don't think so

fuck off
She probably does but doesn't want to dwell on it, smart decision. The reality is most people here or anywhere else in the world don't know where it is, what happened, who did it (people here literally think Ahtisaari was a saint) and if you tell them they won't believe you. At best you'll just get a 'cool story bro' from a drunkard at the pub, at worst they'll tell you your whole life is a lie because their newspapers said so and Finnish newspapers are 100% objective and impartial (yes they are this delusional). The truth is nobody cares enough to listen and those who do only do it so they can call you a liar and tell you it's your fault for literally being alive because you're somehow to blame for something some rando somewhere did, based on the simple fact that you're of the same nationality as him.

Literally not worth going down that rabbit hole, all it's gonna do is turn you into a hateful piece of shit and you'll waste your energy feeling bad even though nobody else is gonna give a fuck, ever. The best thing to do is pretend it never happened and try to rise above it. At least you're in America where the Slav stereotypes aren't as bad, here you'd be defaulted to a mindless grunt by someone who doesn't even know your name or where you're from. And you can't stay in your own country because it's shit, but you'll never truly belong anywhere else so might as well get used to being a thorn in someone's side.