youtube.com/watch?v=HDDLTwS4zgs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Where is the pasta, you dumb fucking weebshit literally KYS no joke

pasta is up your ASS, retardo

R3 1200 or i3-7300?

Really can't fucking decide.

Xeon E3 1230v3

>750 TDP

Unless you live in a third world hot&humid shithole with expensive electricity, TDP doesn't matter in the slightest

Should I get ECC ram if im building a system specifically for passing through hardware to VMs?

Yeah good luck cooling that burning lake of fire.

DES

repost from prev thread

not sure where to ask, but could Sup Forums recommend me a laptop that almost always cool when idle or better when full load? around 20-30 if possible. i think a good cooling system with huge fan, loud doesn't matter.
spec doesn't matter, but i hope at least i3 or equivalent. gonna slap ssd into it, so if it comes with ssd it will be a bonus point. no macbook pls.

or is it mission impossible?

PA

AES

i hate to pry, but why are temps a concern for you? you'll be hard pressed to fit those requirements as the airflow through a laptop literally goes through all of the components.

God generals are so fucking stupid

help me choose a case senpais.

fractal design define c
phanteks evolv atx
anidees crystal cube (i-i think it's c-cute...)

maybe a be quiet dark base 900 but its a bit bulky.

I3 a shit

Pentium or r3

fractal

but I admired your cuteness
>anidees crystal cube (i-i think it's c-cute...)

>wanting 90 threads with everyone asking dumb questions about PC components

R3 you fucking mug
Captcha: Yeoman sold

I've been looking for that image. Thanks, bro.

i hate hot stuff. a little warm i can tolerate. often make direct contact with the laptop body when using it. from my experience, palm rest cool is just a lip service marketing bullshit.

and for another reason, i use my laptop literally

R3 if you do some multitasking (ie chrome and youtube and shit)
i3 if you only game ,
but game performance is the same on both chips so id personally say R3 bc more cores

[thinking emote]

CI

Define C , looked into cases a bit ago , the fractal cases are amazing (have a Node 804 here)

pcpartpicker.com/list/nZ4Lm8

i7 7700k or i7 7800x?
Don't recommend me ryzen, I want my system to be stable 24/7.

Is this some type of anime dab?

If you want help:
>Assemble parts list
pcpartpicker.com/
>State the budget for your build (and country if not USA)
>List games/software you use often, as well as your monitor resolution + refresh rate
>Clarify your goal for build improvements: lower price or improved specs?
How to assemble a PC, select components & more (outdated)
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Build_a_PC

CPUs:
No i5 unless discounted
>G4560 - poverty-tier builds
>R3 1200 - Budget builds (R3 1300x - Good stop-gap between the 1500x and the 1200, only get a 1400 if you absolutely need multithreading
>R5 1500x - Good but up to 1600 if you can
>R5 1600 - Best value for higher fps gaming / mixed usage; 1600x if you want higher stock clocks
>R7/Used Xeon/Threadripper - Compute/Multitask/VM/mixed use; Not for just gaming

GPUs:
Coin miners have driven price up and stock down, waiting to buy a GPU might be wiser
>Integrated CPU Graphics - Desktop stuff and very light games
>GTX 1050(Ti) - Lower end budget cards, drop settings on newer games, RX560 beaten by both
>RX570 - 1080p@60~hz maxed, running most maxed older games at 100~Hz
>RX580 and GTX1060 6GB - 1080p@80hz maxed, 1440p@60hz at lower settings; RX580 better in newer games
>GTX 1070 - 1080p@130hz /1440p@60hz at high
>GTX 1080 - 1080p@144hz / 1440p@60hz maxed, 4k@60hz in a few games; Probably the highest end card you need for 1080p/1440p
>GTX 1080Ti - 1440p@144hz and 4k@60hz maxed/high in many games
>Vega soon.

RAM:
>Check your Mobo QVL before buying any RAM
>Ryzen CPUs benefits a lot from high speed RAM

General:
ALWAYS LOOK AT PRODUCT REVIEWS!
Always consider an SSD. Try buying a large SSD for what you'd pay for your SSD+HDD combined, and add a HDD later
NVMe SSDs aren't for a faster OS boot, they're for productivity/scratch disk/VMs. NVMe and M.2 are not the same thing, M.2 is a form factor.
The Ryzen lineup comes with surprisingly good stock coolers. consider using them over any

TO

>R7/Threadripper - Compute/Multitask/VM/mixed use
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Good luck with that.

CHEAP RAM WHEN ;_;

>all that Poozen shit
Just pick yourself up a nice Kaby Lake i5 and you'll be set tbwh

when memory-chip manufacturers go to court for anti-competetive pratices

|
|>
|

Tfw got 35$ from that dram lawsuit a few years back.

Beats me, but it can't hurt

7350k because you can overclock it really high and games only use two cores :^)

Ryzen

thanks senpais. my main concern with the define c is that it's going to be a bit cramped for my build and i have lingering concerns on thermals

FRACTAL R5

DONT

this Kappa Kappa Keepo

i want a psu shroud and tempered glass cause i fell for the memes :|

pcpartpicker.com/list/bcYjr7

Looking for a decently strong gaming PC with some light video editing capabilities

not sure on what case to go with and I've never fucked with liquid cooling before so I'm sketchy on even attempting that, if I go with my current setup do I even need extra fans?

using my 4TB HDD from my current PC as the main storage, the SSD is for OS/commonly used programs

hard budget of $1500

your choice baby

Ryzen , its stable 24/7

good luck w/ that on a 4c/4t i5
:^)

>Ryzen 7 1700X
If you don't mind overclocking, you can save yourself $30 just on the CPU here by going with a regular 1700 instead
Also then comes with the Wraith spire cooler, which would mean you don't need the liquid cooler
You should always put fans in all available case slots though
>ASRock mobo
pick literally any other manufacturer, you're playing russian roulette with ASR

tfw got both in my case and I don't see them because it's sits in a cubby

pcpartpicker.com/list/rb8Nbj

Looking to build a custom loop masterpiece. 8c/16t Intel chip, 1080ti in SLI, custom loop for CPU and GPU...yes RGB...and three 144hz monitors for performance.

not them but are all asrock am4 motherboards shitty?

Im refreshing amazon to see if pre order is ready for vega 56

pcpartpicker.com/list/FWRgM8
im trying to build a computer to edit and to play all games at 1440p, is the ryzen 5 good enough to do just that?

>pick literally any other manufacturer, you're playing russian roulette with ASR
nope , asrock is one of the best manufacturers for AM4 , you shud actually avoid MSI afaik , they arent so nice , asrock boards (esp the AB350M PRO4 or Taichi ) are superb
inb4 asus boards , those are memes

unless the object is to OC this thing to the top, in which case the 1700X would probably be better
your results in the Silicon Lottery may vary, but the X chips seem to have just a little bit more OC headroom in general, or at least you can get the same stable OC at a slightly lower voltage
The Spire cooler also definitely won't be sufficient cooling if you're at 4GHz (or higher)

ryzen is more than enough for good 1440p gaming.

i'd say get a higher wattage psu, maybe 550w at minimum

but isn't liquid definitively superior to air cooling?

Since no one answered last thread, should I put this old GPU in my new PC temporarily until I get a good GPU next week or will that cause problems?

This old one comes from a family computer that got killed by viruses.

really high-end liquid cooling will outperform even the best sink/fan combo, but you're gonna pay for it

>asrock is one of the best manufacturers for AM4
>EOLs your board
What did he mean by this?

Nope. Their advantage is looks and better part compatibility. They cost more than high end air coolers but their performance is about the same.

i dont think ill actually need a kikeripper but i have a burning desire to get one. help.

someone give me flimsy excuses for why im making a good choice, i need reassurance.

its fine , viruses wont nest themselves in hardware other than storage (hdd/ssd/flash)

having more cores on your CPU will directly improve your chances of getting a girlfriend

What's the best 1080p 144hz 24 inch monitor, preferably one that can be rotated 90 degrees, at around $250-300? I've been looking at this but people are saying that Pixio have shitty quality control

amazon.com/PX245c-FreeSync-1920x1080-Samsung-Professional/dp/B072K3Z5NC

elaborate

and you will become a certified Sup Forums hacker

They EOL a 4 month old X370 board leaving those who bought them shit out of luck.
Not sure what else to elaborate.

Is buying a G Sync monitor worth it? How much of a difference would it be if I plan on doing 144 Hz FPS gaming and my system being reliable enough to hit those frame rates

well thats a shame , but its the first time i heard that and warranty will still cover you
(and will likely get you the updated replacement board)

anyway the boards are good , never had an issue w/ mine and Asrock is the only one who puts a competent VRM cooler on the boards and not some rgb flashing lump , oh and they have the only crossfire capable Matx board , wich i kinda need for my 2 furys

I'm buying an i7 for video editing and CPU intensive games (Arma) should I get a 7700k now or wait for a coffee lake with 2 extra cores? Upgrading from a shitty Haswell i3

no point in buying into the gsync premium unless you're really sensitive to tearing. i personally don't notice tearing so i'm going to buy a freesync version of the asus rog swift ips 1440p 144hz and play without any variable refresh. saves like $200 and the higher the fps, the less noticeable tearing becomes in general anyway even if you are sensitive to it. i have a gtx 1070.

>They EOL a 4 month old board
>But they build good boards
Lmao. What the fuck? Does Asrock shill here as well? As bad as all the other companies you claim to be like ANUS, at least ANUS didn't have to EOL a 4 month old product.

My freind wants a "gaming" PC but only gave me a 150$ budget. What should I do?

Get the XB270hu. It is 200 dollar cheaper and still has Gsync.

Buy him an old emachines off Ebay

drive him to the dump and charge him for the trip

lol im in the same boat as you, i put my 9800gt in a brand new r7 build because of gpu prices rn

AHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAH

AHAHHAHAHHAA
FUCKI HAHAHAHAH

wait... r3s are out?

yes

Where were u?

i would literally give you this old word machine i've had lying around for like 5 years now. it has a phenom 2 processor in it and he can use that money to get a 1050 or something

I was thinking maybe core 2 quad optiplex and gtx 750?

Thanks for the suggestion user. I was looking at them and the cheapest one had G sync anyway. was hoping I didn't need to splurge 400 on just a monitor

can't find anywhere which sells that monitor. looks like it's eol

Oh yeah it got EOL and replaced by 271. XB271hu. Try this model.

probably the best you could do. your friend is CHEAP as fuck. Does he expect to get anywhere near decent framerates with newer games?

>Does he expect to get anywhere near decent framerates with newer games?

Nope.

Not gonna be able to game shit with that

He better be happy playing his minecraft and minesweeper

build him this compoopoo

youtube.com/watch?v=HDDLTwS4zgs

How's MSI B350m Mortar for 1700? I'm gonna be overclocking of course.

Shit I just realized the budget is supposed to include an OS, keyboard, monitor and mouse.

>video card I want will "block drive bay by 10mm"
>don't know if I should change case or card

Never built a PC before, is this really something I should be concerned about?

It is fine. X370 is excessive and their extra features is enthusiast tier