Tell me about your experiences with LibreTaxi

Tell me about your experiences with LibreTaxi.

Other urls found in this thread:

uber.com/ride/uberxl/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

A thread died for this

I had to go over to the guy's house and start building his car with him, luckily I only needed 10min though, so I just handed him a few wrenches and went home...

Explain to a country bumpkin why people would rather pay for an Uber or Lyft instead of just calling for a taxi?

fuck off shill

it's cheaper

Sage

The driver refused to let me in because he overhead the notification sound of the proprietary Facebook Messenger on my Galaxy S8+

taxis are hecking expensive, i paid 45 bucks plus tip for a taxi ride, that same ride on uber would have been 25 bucks.

plus most taxis are disgusting and driven by people equally disgusting.

more people need to use this app

nobody ever answers my call for a driver

The app is a bug ridden shitfest made by asinine retards.

Fuck off shill.

...user it's clear you haven't even used it

it's not an app it's just a bot on telegram

if you are finding any bugs it's with telegram

I don't get taxi apps, in my country anyone can become a taxi driver, you only need a car and a taxi sticker. No taximeter (price is negotiable), no unions or big companies (no lobbying/striking), just lift you hand at a crossroad and you can stop at least two of them, no need for apps.

>I don't get taxi apps, in my country anyone can become a taxi driver, you only need a car and a taxi sticker. No taximeter (price is negotiable), no unions or big companies (no lobbying/striking), just lift you hand at a crossroad and you can stop at least two of them, no need for apps.
if only every country was like yours user

You don't want that, cheap taxis are one of the few upsides of living in vehicular anarchy

You're retarded. You realize making a sage simply prevents your reply from bumping the thread? Just don't make a reply in the first place. This isn't Reddit.

Lemme tell you about taxis in places with stupid regulations.
Being a taxi driver requires a government license for which you have to demonstrate you have the equipment and ability to operate a taxi, and then pay a nominal fee of a few hundred dollars.
These licenses are in limited supply however.
As a result there are none available at the nominal fee.
The licenses can be resold.
If you want a taxi license the only way to get one is to buy one on the secondary market for around 100-200 THOUSAND DOLLARS.
Then there are additional mandatory insurance and maintenance costs which are excessively high for no reason other than you're a captive market.
Uber/Lyft are literally 1/4 to 1/2 the cost of a taxi because startup and operating costs are so god damned high for taxi drivers.

Can't wait to be kidnapped and harvested!

I like using apps like Uber and Lyft. No need to place a phone call and speak to a taxi operator (who might misunderstand you and send the driver to the opposite end of town) to request a ride; the process is now automated, just push a button and they're on their way. You can track how far away the driver is so no guessing work; one time we called a taxi service and the driver cancelled on the way without telling us.

Also, the rides are much cleaner and higher quality than a taxi.

Where do you live, user? (promise I won't laugh, I live in Mexico)

>implying the kind of people who would use this would be kidnappers
I guarantee anyone who uses this app cares more about supporting FOSS software than actually getting money

Isn't this just a chatbot for Telegram messenger? What if I am a Wire or Signal user instead? Doesn't that mean the driver must also be a Telegram user as well and have to install the chatbot on their end? Why couldn't they made a dedicated app which could have been a a lot more dynamic?

>UberXL

Is this the service for landwhales that won't fit in a regular car?

The drivers are getting raped by lyft you twat. 40 hours a week just to make $600 AND they have to wait around in hotspots to keep getting rides. Total Jew fest

Nobody uses wire and signal doesn't have bots

If the drivers are getting raped that means it's better for me as a rider idiot.

It's designated for larger vehicles like vans and SUVs to accommodate more passengers and more luggage space upon request.

uber.com/ride/uberxl/

>only cash and bitcoin

lol.

What's the point of FLOSS phone apps when it is physically impossible to run a smartphone in freedom in the first place? It's like making a point of only using FLOSS on Windows - what's the point?

>tipping taxis
Holy shit, do americucks really do this?
Fuck taxi driver unions

That isn't the type of tip I give to the female drivers.

just like your mom then

What's your problem with that exactly?

My aunt is visually impaired, and has a guide dog. Since most of the taxi drivers where she lives are Muslim, they refuse to take her dog, and the local taxi board does nothing. Uber & Lyft don't have that problem.

>get in libretaxi
>open door, and stench of stale chicken tendies immediately overtakes me
>four thinkpads sit open across the dashboard
>what is your slave name, asks the driver
>give him a fake name just because
>he somehow figures out I'm lying but congratulates me on not giving in to the botnet
>i take my seat and attach my open source seat belt
>driver tells me this model has a bug where it won't stay locked during a collision, but this will be fixed in the next version, and only an idiot would get in a collision anyways
>Ask him if I can put my tunes on
>he says sure, but his thinkpad only worked with libre codecs so unless I'm prepared, he has a selection of brazilian monk chants queued up for my enjoyment
>i tell him the general location I'd like to go (he didn't want the exact location so as to not sacrifice my privacy)
>we're driving and I try to make conversation by asking him if he does this full time
>I'm treated to a 15 minute rant on wageslaves and then, somehow, systemd
>I'm already on edge trying to prevent any interjections
>he tells his mom to be quiet (she's sitting in the back seat on her ipad) and calls her a stupid fucking pleb since she forgot to turn the volume off
>finally get close to my place, it's 5 mins out of the way, but at least I finally get to leave this crazy fuck
>so uhh thanks, I say, as I get out of the car
>before I can walk away: "ahem, it's free as in freedom, not as in beer"
>I throw a couple fives his way
>turn around to walk away and feel a sharp stinging pain in the back of my head
>he had apparently thrown a bunch of gnu/linux live cds at my head
>mfw when last thing I heard...
>INSTALL GENTOO, FAGGOT

Ooh weee

>Since most of the taxi drivers where she lives are Muslim, they refuse to take her dog
Really? Where do you live? I'm a bong and paki taxi drivers don't give a fuck here, I don't think they're even allowed to give a fuck.

>Ooh weee
wrong

This is what Uber XL is in my country. (Mexico)

>south bend
>uber and lyft working at all
Is this real?

they arent unless she live in a mudslime country.

She lives in the Toronto area; and while it is illegal for them to refuse service, her complaints haven't gotten the local government to actually enforce the law. The only time an Uber driver turned her down is when he had actual allergies, and he called one of his Uber buddies & waited with my aunt until the other driver showed up.

Guess all the Indian cab drivers in NYC are fucking loaded then

>10$ ride with lyft that arrives in 2 mins
>30$+ can ride that needs to be scheduled hours in advance, not available on certain days with taxis

It's not much different from how they bought up all the convenience stores.

Thanks for the laughs user.