/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Autistic calisto poster not allowed edition
Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/electron/electron/releases
pcpartpicker.com/list/gKx3Yr
10.0.0.1:52869/picsdesc.xml
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Deluge stopped opening magnet links somehow from chrome, each time I click a magnet link it asks if I wanna open it with deluge, but the actual "download window" never appears, how do I fix this? I reinstalled deluge, reinstalled chrome, nothing helped..

What's the best fb alternative app?
>inb4 muh botnet
I require it for my job, but the official app is bloated and fb lite is just shit

I've been on this screen for over an hour now.
I can't find any info on this, is it fine?
Should I just keep waiting?

I'm installing from a USB 3.0 flash drive, if that matters.

That's too long.

I feel like this is the most stupid question but can one develop electron apps on windows? I couldn't find any environment setups for windows, only linux

Suggestions on a kvm?
I need 3 hdmi and 2 usb minimum
I havent found anything that isnt enterprise grade and they want $500+ for.
Is there a brand im missing?

Why does my windows guest under proxmox show the real RAM usage thanks to virtio, but fails to free RAM to the host system? since if I htop I see constantly the full max RAM being reserved.

Previous user asked if windows even has ballooning drivers - yes it does: virtio and I do have them installed.

>Developing anything on windows

Why should there be a download window when you're just opening a magnet link?

The xfce menu recently started taking a long time to load the first time I click it after turning on the computer, any idea what could be causing this?

What do I do?

Best phone with 400€ budget?

Of course. github.com/electron/electron/releases

redpill me on reballing

I would have a debian server setup, but would be handy if theres something like phonegap but for electron, that runs on windows

Reboot

I'm trying to access my router's config page but whenever I enter the IP address it just loads forever and never loads the page. What could be causing that and how do I fix it?

Try disconnecting the router from the internet.

I feel so retarded user, thank you so much.

Didn't work. Anything else?

Open your browser window in incognito mode and try the address again

Are you certain it's the correct IP?

It's the Default Gateway address.

>G405
>Power and battery LEDs turn on
>Thats it

What do? this shit doesn't have POST codes at all.

Pull the drive completely and try again

Already fully disassembled it and still doesn't work.

Got a spare laptop to swap the RAM into for a memtest?

gf bought me a pi zero since she knows i like tinkering with shit but i don't know what to do with it. i got a pi3 running pi hole underneath a cabinet, but sort of want to keep this in an area where i can use it more. any ideas of what i should do with it?

Not exactly but i sure have lots of SO-DIMM sticks around.

I'm gonna get the Audio‑Technica ATH‑AD1000X, but I need a reccomrndation for a good attachable microphone thats compatible with it.

At this point the thing to do is swap swappable components and pray it's not the CPU or mobo. Try new RAM if you've got any compatible laying around.

Make a dildo out of it. Or get a refund and spend the $10 on something you will actually use.

I need a recommendation on an audio receiver that has bluetooth and multiple zones (at least 3). I'm really not an audiophile so any help appreciated.

When I ping it it responds immediately, but it's not opening in my browser.

What's the point of this board?

will the internet ever be decentralized and outside of isp or government control?

Well even with nothing on its not booting.
Different RAM didn't fix it.

Nope

is cannibalizing other motherboards the only way to fix a laptop's on board GPU?

What can i do with the unpartitioned space left on my ssd?
I've had it 2 years and im only using 20% of the system partition

Port scanning my private IP led to some alarming results.
Nmap scan report for (my IP)
Host is up (0.00052s latency).
Not shown: 998 closed ports
PORT STATE SERVICE
80/tcp open http
52869/tcp open unknown

First of all I wasn't aware my router was accessible from the internet even though I turned off remote administration. But more importantly, what the fuck is port 52869?

Load up wireshark and listen on that port
Ports past 1024 can be used for literally anything.

Please help

I've scanned each machine on my network, and the router is the only one running that port. How can I listen to another machine that's on a hub or wireless access point?

What extensions am I using that are redundant? I've tried to use the advice given on Sup Forums but some of these add ons overlap, so I should probably cut back.

Get rid of noscript,umatrix replaces it

How would someone "rice" their TV so it could play videos from a USB? Is it possible?

Well looks like i found the "BUG" behind all this.
Shit got fried.

Android/Windows Boxes/Sticks.

Calisto did nothhing wrong

How do you even fix this?

Most modern TVs should have a USB port that you can just plug a flash drive/external harddrive into

update/install/reinstall siphon the deluge chrome add on? I get this problem from time to time too, however my setup is a bit different: deluge server is on a different machine and is accessed via web gui for me.

For Android, Metal imo

I need a replacement for my TV remote, I just need volume, input, and power buttons to work. What remote can I get for under $10 that will work with my TV?

fucking camera phone

So I've run in to an issue where the circuit for my room is shared with my dad's office. we both have fairly beefy rigs + window AC units installed in addition to typical shit you'd have plugged into a bedroom and office.

Very very rarely does this strain the circuit to the point of setting off the breaker, but it is becoming apparent that adding a few hundred extra watts to our circuit as it is now will cause instability. For example, I had a friend come over today with his new laptop and nintendo switch and had them both plugged in and we were gaymin away. My room 's temperature set off my AC unit and the wattage pull made everything lose power for a split second, hard shutting down my computer and generally ruining my afternoon.

A solution I thought of was splitting the circuit into two circuits down at the circuit breaker, is this a feasible solution and how would i do it? IDC if it's illegal our house is from the 1800s and the wiring is already retarded (see my story above).

jesus fucking christ I don't understand how people think Sup Forums is easier than google. Are you just here for conversation or something? Is google too inhuman for you?

shit talk aside, i suggest google this: "sharp lc-c3237u tv remote"

or see if your smart phone can be used as a remote by googling this:
"use [your smartphone here] as a tv remote"
or
"sharp lc-c3237u smartphone tv remote compatibility"

Just get a universal one.
They exist for $10 or less.

I have an amazon tablet how do I root it and what can I put on it that is devoid of anything google?

Yes, I'm here for conversation, how are you?

I would suggest instead that, rather than toy with unknowns and stuff inside a wall that would be hard to see, why not just pull another cable from the breaker box and install some additional outlets? It's not so much a question of illegality or code violation as whether your home insurer will pay out when you've set the building on fire.

am i missing anything? im using a tv and have a keyboard already
>pcpartpicker.com/list/gKx3Yr

I can just get the necessary drivers for a mobo off the manufacturer's website right? I don't need the included cds? My build didn't include an optical drive.

Yes

What would be better for a girl in their 15s.

A T400 or a X200?

Better HSF maybe?
Remove windows.

Thats it.

wat fan would you recommend?

NH-D15.
Too big?
NH-U12S or 14S.

Windows 10 LTSB is free and Windows 7 Ultimate can be cracked easy.

Mac

Any way to automatically save the original filename of images rather than the usual "1501959944937.jpg" on Sup Forums?

I'm tired of retyping filenames to appease my autism

y-you leave callisto alone you meanie.

I would gift her a barely working 1st gen Atom laptop that barely works than a mac.

First she doesn't deserve it, second it wont be good for her.

Download 4chanx
Use the dropdown menu option "download"

Install 4chanX.
Click arrow/drop menu and then download.
It will save the original filename

There's a /pcbg/ PC Building General for that, if you're into generals.

See if LineageOS.org has a build for your particular tablet. They should have plenty of instructions for rooting and all that other stuff.

You'd need a managed switch with ports that can be placed into monitor mode and an Ethernet card that does promiscuous mode. Then you can just plug the outside interface and the modem into it and listen all you like.
A quick web search for dlink 52869
0, count:1, attempts:1Intializing UPnP
with desc_doc_url=10.0.0.1:52869/picsdesc.xml
ipaddress=10.0.0.1 port=52869
conf_dir_path=/etc/pseudoicsd/

Possibly UPnP? You might want to sterilize that router and/or install custom firmware.

Thanks guys

I already had 4chanX, but didn't realize this was a feature

Do dual gpu graphics cards have the same issues that crossfirex/sli have?

No

callisto is thot!
THOT!

""no""
apologize

Yes. They're effectively a SLI/crossfire setup just on a single physical card.

I'm not sure about your funny E money, but I just bought ZTE Axon 7 for 500 Maple bucks and am super happy

Yeah there's a USB there but the TV doesn't have the software to play video files. How would I put my software on there to do so?

Security camera/ doorbell Cam

Sup Sup Forums. I'm trying to extract .ass subtitles from a mkv and put them on another file. First I used sushi, but I noticed the styling from the original subs was gone. Then I tried aegisub, but same problem. Am I doing something wrong? Pls help.

mkvtools

Will try, thanks.

Are there any konftel experts on Sup Forums ?

This is a 300wx conference telephone that has to connect to the ip dect 10. According to a video it should go as simple as turning on ip dect 10 and the 300wx conference telephone should registrate it immidiatley. However it always shows that it failed. No matter what i do it doesnt want to connect the ip dect 10 to the 300wx, i tried everything.Does anyone have any expirience with these or any hints as to whats wrong

What's the best manufacturer of enclosures/RAID enclosures? I have 2 2.5 two terabyte drives that I'm looking for a small dual enclosure for, doesn't have to swappable but I just wanted something of quality that's not fuckhuge.

How many DBAN passes should i give a HDD?

Also guttman or DoD?

How do I get my in-line mic working on my pc ? do I plug it in the headphone or mic jack ? durrr

It worked, thanks user.

Type
netstat -tulpn | grep 52869

I want to get a dedicated "streaming" media device with an ethernet input for our living room. The chromecast we have at the moment is too slow and unwieldly especially when it comes to 720p+ viewing. I won't be the one using it so an easy to use UI is important.

Is this my best bet? What would you recommend? We would primarily being using it for Plex/Sling/Netflix.

Apple 2

My PC is suddenly shutting off then turning back on again at random times. This started happening after a thunderstorm we had a few weeks back. There was a lightning strike on a power line within a mile knocking us all out of power for 10 minutes or so. Could it have damaged my PSU? I also have an unstable overclock on my memory too but havent had very many issues until now. I switched it back to stock just now to see if I still get problems

Open Speccy, click Motherboard, check voltages.
There are values of what it should be, if theyre not that worry.
Post a screenshot of the motherboard section here.

If you use laptop in charge mode while not removing battery, when its 100%, it will kill battery?