QBittorrent 3.4 BETA is out! Leave the uBotnet today!

>FEATURE: New icon theme with SVG source, so we can scale it appropriately in the future. (Bert Verhelst)
>FEATURE: Drop Qt 4 support. Raise minimum Qt version to 5.5.1 (evsh)
>FEATURE: UI for managing locally banned IP list (dzmat)
>FEATURE: Support for specifying where to save/load config files. Support for portable mode. (evsh)
>FEATURE: It is now possible to pass options via ENV variables instead of cmd options. (evsh)
>FEATURE: Allow to strip subfolder in multifile torrents. (glassez, sledgehammer999)
>FEATURE: Allow cmd args to specify options when adding torrents. (Brian Kendall)
>FEATURE: Widget for showing filesystem paths while typing. Used in the Add New Torrent and Options dialogs. (evsh)
>FEATURE: Trackerlist: Allow to toggle columns (thalieht)
>FEATURE: Add availability column to torrent content model and torrent properties window (evsh)
>FEATURE: Implemented share limit by seeding time (naikel)
>FEATURE: Revamp Torrent creator (Chocobo1)
>FEATURE: Enable drag n drop to create torrent on mainwindow (Chocobo1)
>FEATURE: Add show/hide statusbar option (takiz)
>FEATURE: Show number of pieces. Closes #6774. (Chocobo1)
>FEATURE: Allow to select & delete multiple entries in "Manage Cookies" dialog (Chocobo1)
>FEATURE: Fetch Favicons via google as a final fallback (KingLucius)
>FEATURE: Add a Tags (multi-label) feature to the GUI. Closes #13. (tgregerson)
>FEATURE: Use the system icons for each file type in the Content tab (evsh)
>FEATURE: Use SVG files for monochrome tray icons. Closes #6085. (evsh)

qbittorrent.org/news.php

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/pull/4253
github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/pull/6698
fosshub.com/qBittorrent.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>BUGFIX: Adjust icons names to better fit FDO scheme (evsh)
>BUGFIX: Optimized IP filter parsing, making blazingly fast (sledgehammer999, evsh)
>BUGFIX: Fix dialogs didn't position on the correct screen which qBittorrent window is on. Closes #1690, #2474, #3538. (Chocobo1)
>BUGFIX: Refactor and improve StatusBar (glassez)
>BUGFIX: Set expiration date for newly added cookie to +2 years from now, instead of +99 years. (Chocobo1)
>BUGFIX: Don't create subfolder inside temp folder (glassez)
>BUGFIX: Don't replace existing files when relocating torrent (glassez)
>COSMETIC: Trackerlist: Set text alignment of columns with numbers to the right (thalieht)
>COSMETIC: Enable alternatingRowColors for "Manage Cookie" dialog (Chocobo1)
>WEBUI: Allow to load/use ECDSA certificate in webUI. (Chocobo1)
>WEBUI: Add copy options to webui context menu (addresses #6815) (#7036) (Tom Piccirello)
>WEBUI: Set torrent location from webui context menu (addresses #6815) (#7062) (Tom Piccirello)
>SEARCH: Use explicit class for search plugin versions (evsh)
>SEARCH: Remove all search plugins from repo. There is another repo named 'search-plugins'. (sledgehammer999)
>SEARCH: Update the backend when a new plugin favicon is downloaded. (sledgehammer999)
>RSS: Redesigned RSS subsystem (glassez)
>RSS: Do not use hardcoded colors in RSS feed view (evsh)
>WINDOWS: Installer detects running process when it is 64-bit (vlakoff)
>MACOS: Various macOS UI improvements (vit9696)
>MACOS: Fix main menu item location on macOS (vit9696)
>OTHER: Use new classes/methods from libtorrent and stop using deprecate ones. (glassez
>OTHER: Various string fixes (Allan Nordhoy, sledgehammer999)

> Leave the uBotnet today!
Nope. 2.2.1 just werks.

Like how Windows XP still just werks, right?

> Leave the uBotnet today

Heh, United States needs, nice meme

Exactly - it does what it should absolutely fine.

You should only make one of these threads when qB has finally made it to 6 years from its last needed patch, like uTorrent 2.2.1.

And yet it still can't selectively download files from torrents

Been marked WONTFIX for years because the devs are autists

Fork if you want that feature or use some botnet utorrent client like bitcomet or utorrent.

Holy shit it's nice

Why do you keep shilling this when deluge or transmission are obviously the better choice?

Where is the dark theme?

What, you mean how it copies uTorrent 2.2.1 in nearly every respect except leaving out the network/disk graphs and cache utilization, the log file, and the piece status (useful when you want to watch something while sequentially downloading and are waiting for piece 0 to finish)?

>the piece status (useful when you want to watch something while sequentially downloading and are waiting for piece 0 to finish)?

qbit has that

>the log file

qbit has this, too

>share limit by seeding time
Thank god, I was tired of seeding these shitty torrents nobody downloads for years

Literal retard.

Libtorrent 'bug'

Is 221 the amount of potentially undisclosed CVEs it has?

Where?

Not having a single meaningful one since 1.6.0 puts uTorrent just a wee bit ahead of everyone else, who average one a week.

> undisclosed CVEs
It could be said about absolutely any piece of software. So your point is?

Probably that it will never ever be fixed!

The point is if that get found they'll never be fixed.

> if that get found
And then there will be a reason to talk about switching to something else. Nothing to talk about now.

>libtorrent-rasterbar
No thanks.

Took them long enough to change their shit icons. Now they just need to turn those buttons at the bottom into tabs and remove the UI padding.

Those icons are horrible. Looks washed out as fuck. Fortunately you can change the top ones, as it obeys my system theme, but I'm still "stuck" with the ugly Status/Categories/Tags icons.

Well, it's okay because I never really look at my torrent client.

>qStalledTorrent
No thanks, I'll stick to rtorrent.

>FEATURE: New icon theme with SVG source, so we can scale it appropriately in the future. (Bert Verhelst)

good luck with that

This. There are very few pieces of perfect software, so even being under development doesn't mean the software is ever going to be fixed. (Like mpv and its never-going-to-happen volume control.) Saying you should switch from the best piece of software simply because another might eventually become better is kinda stupid. Why would I gimp myself now (did you see what I did there) and live through the teething pains of incompetent freetard development when I can use a nicely finished product right now and switch if and when the alternative surpasses it?

>Like mpv and its never-going-to-happen volume control.
Are you retarded? There is a volume control.

Hi wm4.
>mouse over icon and scroll
Now I see why you're so resistant to a GUI. You're terrible at making one.

should i update from 3.3.15 now or wait for stable

>>mouse over icon and scroll
What is wrong with that? Or you can just use keyboard.

>that clusterfuck of an interface

what the fuck, people actually use this torrent client when transmission and rtorrent exist? for what purpose?

retard

>What is wrong with that?
What else uses "mouseover button and scroll"?

It somehow looks even worse.
Freecucks really can't do anything right.

Not an argument.

i use superior tixati. even in private trackers until i get banned. It is so good that buthurt of private trackers admins really made my day.

does this piece of shit finally have an option to automatically sever all connections if the proxy breaks away?

It's shit. That's why nobody else uses it. If it was used elsewhere despite being shit you'd at least have "familiarity with a shitty design choice" as an excuse, but as it isn't used elsewhere you don't even have that.

So, they literally just changed the icons to some ugly sort of pseudo metro shit? And they took more than ONE year for that? Holy moly, why didn't they just copy some of all the gpl icons floating around? Seriously, what a waste of resources.

And to add insult to injury. Linux users aren't affected by this at all since it uses system icons since ancient times.

So this was the so called UI upgrade... totally makes you think.

>It's shit.
I like it. If you want a client with sliders all over the place like VLC then use it by all means.

Does it support locking upload speed to 0 or 1 for specific torrent clients only? I don't want to seed to meme clients like µT.

It doesn't seed to any client by default.

I already proved this wrong on my pc. Nice meme though.

How?

>How?
Maybe like this
>seed the same torrent with different torrent clients, maybe at the same time
>see same results in upload speed on each client

Look at all that bloat goddamn

How many different torrents? How many peers on each?

t. kuckchikirukia retard

>i use superior tixati. even in private trackers until i get banned. It is so good that buthurt of private trackers admins really made my day.

they blacklist that client so you wouldnt even be able to use it but nice try, unemployed troll.

My theme works well with this, hehe.

i'll wait when it goes out of beta. 3.3.15 works fine

If you guys hate the new icons. You can yell at them to change it here.

I don't care because it doesn't affect me as a linux user at all. I'm just baffled by the sheer amount of "hype" this so called "theme upgrade" got over the months. Even though it is literally nothing.

I though it got css support or a different layout and not this embarrassing minimal change.

>I though it got css support or a different layout and not this embarrassing minimal change.

the icons were the main problem. they were ugly as fuuuuuck. a new layout will be coming later. probably with qBittorrent 4.0.

>I'm just baffled by the sheer amount of "hype" this so called "theme upgrade" got over the months. Even though it is literally nothing.

That's just the first step.

Here is the next step.

github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/pull/6698

They could have just upgraded the windows icons to breeze, it is the official successor to oxygen. I guess windows users have to live with the limitations of their OS and be on the mercy of application developers to provide proper icons.

Are they seriously re-implementing a color and font changer just for windows users?
Well, uh... can't i just change the fonts and colors myself? In fact, i hate applications that play special snowflake and don't respect my system theme.

Qt has css support for fucks sake, do something fancy with it instead of those Microsoft only fixes.

Why not suggest those changes on the actual github, where they could actually be useful?

>RSS: Redesigned RSS subsystem (glassez)
hopefully it has some kind of smart filter for already downloaded tv episodes and shit. utorrent had the best one in that regard. i doubt the latest update added that though.

Because it isn't important and was just an idea because i though they wanted to reinvent their GUI and perhaps branding. Instead they add basic color/font selectors for windows/mac users.

It's hard to understand the rationale around all that instead of letting it be as is. As far as I'm aware, people actually like that an application follows the system theme instead of being a disruptive piece of shit that has to have its own colors, fonts and icons.

Again, why not suggest those things on the github?

No

>Wah! I don't like the direction they're going!
>Actually be productive and suggest relevant changes to the people who could make those changes happen?
>Fuck that!

What is there to change? It doesn't affect me at all. It's just disappointing that a fucking icon theme gets paraded around as a game changer.

Why do you whine here then?

then why are you whining you fucking retard?

Do you have problems with reading comprehension?

>It doesn't affect me at all
>cries about it

yes i think you might either be a woman or retarded

>What is there to change?
Then why mention any changes you wanted at all?

>It doesn't affect me at all.
Then stop bitching about it here.

So no dark theme yet? Fuck...

brainlet here, why should i use this instead of deluge

I'm free to criticize shitty things when i see it. That you can't handle someone bursting your bubble doesn't change that. Have fun with your color selector, retards.

where downlode beta for michaelsoft bindows

>I'm free to criticize shitty things when i see it.
No one said you shouldn't be criticizing things. In fact, anons have suggested you take your criticisms directly to the github.

The problem is that you're throwing a temper tantrum and actively refusing to apart of the problems you cite yourself.

fosshub.com/qBittorrent.html

Download the unstable version, dingus. Its not even hard to find.

nevermind i found it
rude

Do you really hate your connection being used? If so, qB is the client for you.

It would have more sense to whine somewhere where devs can see and take note of it.
inb4 i don't want to break my user status just to whine.

Have you seen the Issues in question? They have invested months of their lives in implementing those things. There is no way a random "That is dumb" comment will change their minds at this point. It would also throw the github CoC police my way. I would rather not risk my repos getting closed just because of twats that designed a solution in search of a problem.

see above

It would still have more sense to drop it there because this will increase the possibility of some change (even if only slighty).

Again, if you're not going to propose a solution to the problems you cite yourself in a place where it can actually help, then shut the fuck up. As it stands now, you're just throwing a temper tantrum.

I will not, since I'm not a windows user that is affected by this.
Just finish your damn color/font selector already.

It does affect you. Switching icon themes won't affect all icons used in qBittorrent. Most importantly the ones in the status bar and sidebar.

This looks more acceptable icon wise.

so u need to hack them torrents basking in white backlight, gnome sayin'?

I've used qBittorrent for years. It's fucking ace. The only legit client out there that can handle fuckhueg torrents without shitting itself

qbitorrent ? more like qbitads ADS EVERYWHERE

(you)
You're thinking of uTorrent.

What is that guy saying?
I download the first and last part of a file so I can watch a video before the file is done downloading.

>The only legit client out there that can handle fuckhueg torrents without shitting itself

you mean rtorrent?

what was that unofficial plugin that let you browse shit through the client

You can do that by default.

I don't know why anyone bothers with this shit or utorrent when Transmission now works on Windows

>he bothers with windows when Linux is better
Why would anyone do that?

People that aren't basement dwelling neckbeard neets?

I like the built in RSS downloader in qbit and option for sequential download.