Google Pixel

Google's Biggest Flop Yet??

cnet.com/news/google-pixel-xl-now-200-cheaper-ahead-of-pixel-2-debut/

Biggest flop? You've not got a very good memory user.

Also the pixel is actually a pretty good phone tbqh famalam

>terrible camera (supposedly best Android camera my ass)
>Terrible audio (which is impossible to improve with an external DAC)

Literally the only thing I like about my pixel is the USB C. And that is it.

>Terrible camera

Nigger what? My pixel XL has the best camera I've ever had and even impresses my friends who do photography for a living

>Google's Biggest Flop Yet??
Wouldn't that be google+ lol

.... or google glasses... I forgot google glasses.

>(which is impossible to improve with an external DAC)
Just plug a dac into the usb port

Why is hardware in a lot of ((((flagship)))) android phones so underwhelming?

Not as much competition anymore

I'm hoping that the next pixel will flop. No justification for removing headphone jack.

>Only supports driverless DAC (ie the worst)
>Requires OTG dongle
Ok dongletard.

I have the regular pixel not the phaglet. And my camera is shit.

Aren't they the same?

>still more expensive than OP5
Is this a joke.

I assumed they were hence my blanket statement that pixel cameras blow ass.

>driverless DAC
The fuck is this?

I like my Pixel.

Speakers on the Pixel suck balls.

But I sold my 6P for full price when the battery was dying and bought my Pixel for effectively 100 dollars so whatever.

obsolete in 2018... nice

Well, usually it's to do with as mix of marketability and production runs. If you have a cool idea and it is hard to implement and people are like ah nah and the factory has a high number of failed units created, you'll just lose money.

>make Nexus 5 again with double the specs
>charge $400 again
Wow, that was hard

will the pixel XL be a big upgrade from a nexus 6?

i mean this phone is still pretty good.

even keep the N5 specs, just allow updates for 10 years

You probably just suck at taking photos. get gud son

Google glasses smoothly turned toward the corporate side and has many application.
Smart move from them. Wait for the contact lenses and then the consumers will all jump on it

Why is the Nexus 5 so good bros? I still have mine. When my Nexus 5x Bootlooped, I instantly went back to my Nexus 5 and it was JUST as fast as my 5x.

Battery life was shit, but that wasn't too big a deal

Who uses phone speakers anyway

Camera is great. I have a pixel XL and an iPhone 6s from work, I use the Pixel to take pics for work.

If it wasn't 1000+ aud I'd get a pixel 2 xl but this shitty opportunity r9 keeps on trucking and I don't care what happens to it

I told you guys to buy HTC 10 because it has a good DAC and everything else good, but no one fucking listened and now good DAC on phones are gone forever

My nigga. HTC 10 is a godlike phone. Metal body, awesome sound quality, great camera, alright battery life.

It's like google wants me to buy an Iphone
I dont even care about the botnet, but for this price, no headphone jack and green bubbles I might as well go for the Iphone.

Either you're retarded or you got a bad unit that camera is spectacular

the only difference between pixel, and xl is screen and battery, and battery is upgraded to support the bigger better screen.

They were overpriced as hell anyway. Still are even with the price reduction.

Sony phones have better cameras. Pixel is average.

Ugh. It was Google's turn

my pixel should be coming in tomorrow, is there anyway to get rid of the stock weather/date widget without using a launcher?

Pixel is one of the easiest phones to root
Reason number one I want it

i give zero shits about rooting, and it might even be a verizon model i got it refurbished so i'll have to wait for it to come in to find out.

i only ask because i've used the same clock/weather widget since gingerbread and don't want to change.

Just... remove the widget?

my question was can i? way to answer my question by rewording the fucking question.

Don't you use Android? You can turn off any widget.

I only brought up rooting because you can remove stock anything if rooted

don't you use android? you can't turn off the search bar at the top of the screen.